Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550089 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12930 on: October 04, 2016, 08:57:27 pm »

All magic stuns about as well when you have the doublecast thing and are using bolts.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12931 on: October 04, 2016, 09:04:39 pm »

All magic stuns about as well when you have the doublecast thing and are using bolts.

That isn't entirely accurate. Enemies later can become resistant to the doublecast stun.

Believe it or not! the 2 points into damage (the 10-20% damage) allows you to maintain stun on pretty much every enemy in the game with few exceptions.

Though as I've said many times... If your not double casting spells your wasting them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: October 04, 2016, 09:55:35 pm »

Honestly this whole time I thought the Dragon Priests were Liches.
They are liches though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: October 04, 2016, 09:56:01 pm »

nah, they don't have phylacteries, which are a rather important part of lichery in ES

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: October 05, 2016, 03:33:20 am »

It's not like there's any kind of unread that doesn't have phylacteties in TES, though. Container for your soul? Soul gem.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: October 05, 2016, 04:07:43 am »

nah, they don't have phylacteries, which are a rather important part of lichery in ES

Goodness I just had such a reflex to go "No it isn't a requirement" until I saw the "in ES"

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: October 05, 2016, 04:23:46 am »

Could the masks be their phylactories? Maybe they have a soul gem in the construction somewhere.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: October 05, 2016, 04:28:24 am »

Could the masks be their phylactories? Maybe they have a soul gem in the construction somewhere.

Given that their masks are... them (even to the extent that they might be alive)

It is a distinct possibility.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: October 05, 2016, 04:33:26 am »

They *are* enchanted, which requires a soul gem, so... yes?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: October 05, 2016, 07:11:54 am »

Well, saying the dragon priest masks are enchanted and thus follow the normal rules of enchantment is like saying that there Daedric Artifacts are enchanted and so follow the rules for conventional enchantment. Like, we're talking about a whole new level of power here.

Also: Morokei is most useful mask. I mean Goddamn that +100% magic regen is insane.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: October 05, 2016, 07:16:40 am »

I'll concede the point. They're almost like liches, but not quite. I guess they were created by the same process as the rest of the draugr.

Also: Morokei is most useful mask. I mean Goddamn that +100% magic regen is insane.
Konahrik is the best mask and helmet in the game. It has the highest base armour (24), and when your health hits 10%, it can do one of many effects: completely heal you, flame cloak, or summon a dragon priest. It's also improved with gold ingots, though you'll still need the daedric smithing perk.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: October 05, 2016, 07:20:53 am »

I'll concede the point. They're almost like liches, but not quite. I guess they were created by the same process as the rest of the draugr.

Being dead?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12942 on: October 05, 2016, 07:24:00 am »

Being dead?
iirc there is a ritual process the body undergoes after death

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: October 05, 2016, 07:25:31 am »

Being dead?

Are they like mummies in that they are meant to defend the burial mounds?

Because I swear if they are evil for the sake of having an enemy to fight I'll be pissed...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: October 05, 2016, 07:30:33 am »

Being dead?

Are they like mummies in that they are meant to defend the burial mounds?

Because I swear if they are evil for the sake of having an enemy to fight I'll be pissed...
Their point is to either defend the barrow/sacred dragoncult sites or, in the barrows/temples with actual priests, to feed energy to the dragon priest. There's a book about that bit.
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 896