Poll

Favorite power?

Hypnotism
- 7 (58.3%)
Mist Form
- 2 (16.7%)
Stoneskin
- 2 (16.7%)
Other ( I will change this poll a bit when more powers are revealed. )
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: You Are a Vampire  (Read 33677 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Vampire
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 05:26:40 am »

Sorry for the confusion. Glass Cannon.

I'm going to have to close this tab now. Probably no more input from me tonight.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 06:01:12 am »

Ok, since there's no one else, the vote goes to Drake Mordant, vampire hypnotist!

The rain pitter-pattered against the roof of your castle.  You look up, and quickly look down again when a rain drop hits you in the eye.

Have to get that roof fixed...

Your are Drake Mordant, a relatively young vampire, having only been a vampire for ten years.  You learned the basics from your maker, Francis Faux, and you owe him greatly for making you an immortal. 

Unfortunately, a year ago, Francis became too arrogant for his own good.  He decided to hunt a priest, who knew all about vampires.  When Francis sank his fangs into the plump priest's neck, Francis felt a massive burn in his mouth and throat.  Apparently, the priest drank an entire bottle of holy water beforehand, which temporarily made his blood poisonous to vampires.  You wanted to avenge your maker, the the priest had many allies.  He was surrounded by guards, day and night, much to your frustration.  You decided to bide your time, gain strength, and then you will avenge your maker.

You are in a dank, slightly ruined castle ( especially in the roof ) which you inherited from Francis.  It is filled with old, dusty furniture, treasures, both shiny and dark, but the true jewels of Francis' stores were the tomes.  These tomes contained not only the history of vampire-kind, but also their ancient rituals.  Through blood magic, a vampire could make himself stronger through these rituals, but you do not have enough blood yet to access them. 

Your power of hypnotism has always been strong, and Francis taught you to use it well.  Unless your prey was particularly strong-willed ( or just plain stubborn ) you could overcome their mental defenses with some effort.  Use this to your advantage. 

To the north is Varhold Castle, home to Lord Reginald the third.  Rumor has it that the lord is only a puppet, and that the true power is the church, in which that cursed priest is a high-standing member. 

To the west is a quaint little village, filled with good, hardworking people.  The men are strong, the women sharp and lively, and all of them full of sweet, sweet blood.  The church has control over this place as well, with its primary seat being the central church. 

To the east and south, you do not know.  Perhaps you could obtain a map or explore those locations, but now know.  Now, you must feed.

I chose Drake, he had two votes against 1, and I chose the stereotyped European dark ages location because Zako didn't specify where the location should be.  Sorry Micelus.  Now, what do you do? 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:03:26 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 06:08:36 am »

No Italian adventures with a certain Italian smart-ass charming vampire? Oh well...

Anyway check out if we have any staff in the castle. Otherwise head over to the village via horse (it is night right). Go to the local tavern, have a few beers with the commoners and listen to their lives...Seek out someone who could fix the holes up in your castle, preferably within the week.Look out for one really drunk and talk with him. Offer to bring him home. If he faints or is really drunk, so drunk he won't remember, feast on some blood, but leave him alive. If he can still offer resistance just go hynotise him.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 07:10:56 am »

Alright...I really should wait for other people to vote, but I doubt anyone's reading this anyway.

Drake Mordant, don't you think you should get some hired help around here?  You look around, thinking of how you could get someone to work for a vampire, when suddenly you hear a knock on the front door.  Using your heightened speed, you rush to the door.   You open it.  The full moon shines bright, even through the heavy rain that has been pouring for days now.  In front of you stands a hunchbacked man.

"Hello." he says, in a strangely cheerful voice.

"Good evening," you reply, "what is your name?"

"Kevin."

Now that is odd.  You were expecting him to say "Igor" or...or, erm...yeah that was the only thing you expected him to say.

"Very well...Kevin...what is your business here?"

"I have come to offer my services, master".

Now that's more like it.

"Very well...wait..."

Your keen senses tell you that something's not right.  You, in a single fluid movement, remove his overly large jacket, only to find that his "hump" was actually just a pillow.

"Explain."

Kevin sighs, and tries to explain.

"The only way you can get a job in this darn economy is by having a hump on your back or having a speech impediment.  I had neither, so I thought the hump was easier to fake.  Come on, I need this job."

You stare at this strange, strange man.  He certainly looks desperate enough to actually mean what he's saying. 

"Very well, I shall hire your services...Kevin.  What are your skills?"

"I can read and write, I know basic sums, I am highly organized, I like to consider myself a peopler per-"

"Can you fix a roof?"

"Huh?"

"Can.  You.  Fix.  A.  Leaking.  Roof."

"...Sure, I guess."

"You're hired."

You now have a henchman named Kevin.  He seems like a nice fellow, although certainly odd.  He agrees to work cheap, in exchange for his services, all he asks is for a bit of silver, some human food, and shelter.  Fair enough.  Now, you must eat. 

Kevin seems alright, doesn't he?  Should Drake still head to town for a snack, or do you want something else?  Also, is my style of writing ok?  Or is it too...well I dunno, what do you think?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 07:35:43 am »

> head to town and drink some random lady of ill repute or whatever they are called these days.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 07:44:40 am »

> head to town and drink some random lady of ill repute or whatever they are called these days.

Lady of ill repute...that's what I think it is, aint it? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 08:44:21 am »

Probably. It's a very old profession.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 08:45:21 am »

Yep, one of those female 'companions'. I use that term loosely.

:o
Oh god... I should not have said that.

Anyway, head into town. Check out the bar. And your writing is fine btw.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 08:56:08 am »

After seeing Kevin off to his duties ( and with a few less holes in the roof ), you suddenly feel it.  The thirst.  It burns on the inside, begging you to find blood.  Strangely, you do not feel any temptation to drink Kevin's blood.  Weird.

Anyway, you decide to head into the town.  You need some easy prey first, you can truly hunt later.  Like a ghost, you almost float down from your castle, unseen, and creep towards the village. 

You are inside the village, and despite the late hour, it is bustling with activity.  Suffice to say, a lot of that activity isn't legal.  You see a merchant, selling what appears to be weapons, illegal rum, and moondust, a narcotic powder that takes hold of its users on nights with a full moon, like this one.  You ignore them all. 

You, Drake Mordant, continue walking through the village, until you see your desired location: a tavern.  Inside is a ruckus of bawdy singers, drunken fist-fighters, and immodestly dressed ladies.  You seat yourself next to one of these ladies, who is immediately entranced with your appearance.  What shall you do ( that involves feeding, not that other thing ). 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 09:22:29 am »

Turn on the charm, (or hypnotism, same thing, right?) and convince her to sneak out with you to do 'that other thing', then drink her blood instead.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 10:30:45 am »

Sorry guys, gotta sleep son, I hope this game isn't that boring, peace to you all. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 02:27:42 pm »

Turn on the charm, (or hypnotism, same thing, right?) and convince her to sneak out with you to do 'that other thing', then drink her blood instead.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 06:54:25 pm »

This.
Good game so far, just giving my support.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 01:54:10 am »

So you guys want to drink the wench's blood? Good idea.  Will you kill her, for a lot of blood, or drain some blood then leave her alive.  If she lives, you don't get heat for killing somebody. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 02:31:47 am »

Let her live. If she has any memory of the encounter, say that both of you were in a very kinky mood.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28