Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 446270 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2835 on: August 02, 2013, 04:41:36 am »

What are your presteige and infamy ratings like? Have you been warned or excommunicated?
This is a blank sig.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: August 02, 2013, 05:10:48 am »

I thought I'd give this game a whirl, after having it installed for quite some time. It's now 4:00 in the morning. Goddamnit.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: August 03, 2013, 02:54:32 am »

What are your presteige and infamy ratings like? Have you been warned or excommunicated?
0 infamy and my prestige was somewhere above 80, probably 99-100. Hooray for HRE bonuses and prestige ideas. I'm more concerned as to why I'm not getting told that the person I could diploannex was gradually decreasing their relation with me. I'm thinking it's an event they had? Maybe They had some sort of event where they refused to do something multiple times, and it always cost 20 relation with me???

I thought I'd give this game a whirl, after having it installed for quite some time. It's now 4:00 in the morning. Goddamnit.
I remember doing that.... This game is so addicting. "Just a moment body, I need to conquer one last province, just finish this one last war, just make all of Europe my vassals"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: August 03, 2013, 06:02:03 am »

I remember doing that.... This game is so addicting. "Just a moment body, I need to conquer one last province, just finish this one last war, just make all of Europe my vassals"
"Alright, so, I'm finally done. Time to go to sle-Oh, someone just declared war on me... Guess I'd better continue playing, even though it's getting light outside."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: August 03, 2013, 06:48:03 am »

It's even worse if you're curtain are drawn. "Well, this has been a long day playing. Time to go to bed. What do you mean it's already tomorrow noon?"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: August 03, 2013, 08:06:38 am »

It's great if you want to lose weight fast.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: August 03, 2013, 10:24:51 pm »

Does anyone have a link to the strategy of forming France as England (or is it GB as france?) I can't find any documentation regarding it online.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: August 04, 2013, 02:42:25 am »

Well you used to just attack france, maybe get mil access from burgundy, and cancel missions until you got 'sieze paris' or something. then hop your armies around burgundy until you can kill the french armies, at which point you've pretty much won.

take loans if you need to, you should be able to pay them off easily once you take france

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: August 07, 2013, 04:39:22 am »

Someone please shed some light on why I cannot form a person union with Bohemia?

I have the mission, I won the war, the war results says that I formed a personal union, but it's not there... Bohemia just becomes independent again. I won the war through an automatic calling (I'm Austria, emperor), I have a personal union with Burgundy and Hungary, which I got the same way, except through my declaring the personal union CB and starting the war.

If this is a bug, is there a way I can edit the files to give me the union?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: August 07, 2013, 04:49:15 am »

Open the save file with notepad++, don't know the specifics of what to change in there but I'm sure you can figure it out by looking at austria and burgundy.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: August 07, 2013, 04:51:12 am »

What Government form does Bohemia have?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: August 07, 2013, 05:05:46 am »

What Government form does Bohemia have?
They have a feudal monarchy.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: August 07, 2013, 11:17:53 am »

There might be a limit to how many PUs you can have.

... If so, that'd be incredibly stupid, and I've never heard of it. But it's -possible-.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: August 07, 2013, 11:28:14 am »

I've had six or so once that can't be it.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: August 07, 2013, 12:17:33 pm »

So I'm playing my second game as England, with Ireland and Normandy annexed and Scotland a vassal, when God's will informed me that I should vassalize France. The last time that I tried that I lost the subjugation CB after three wars spent eroding their territory with released nations, and by the point the truce expired France was the local bicycle anyway. Any tips on getting the vassalize option below 100% warscore, beyond whittling at them?

Also: Do merchants actually make money? The bonuses are neat, if inconsistent and difficult to maintain, but is that 'your income' in the ledger actually going towards yearly income? Or does it just go towards tech investments?

Also also: Explorers and conquistadors seem to die a lot sooner than other leaders. Is that just reckless driving or does having them far from the motherland actually increase their chance of death?
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 194