Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: SimRepublic, Libya is #1!  (Read 52692 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: SimRepublic
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2011, 06:01:38 pm »

Making a lot of money, and when you guys discover some mining plots I'll head on over.

I'm thinking about diversifying into wood cutting to cover my construction bases, but might go for farming to get food. Hm. Decisions decisions. Or even builder, which is a strength skill?

We already have a mining plot found,  Hunting might be useful right now since you could forage in the forest for food and such.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2011, 06:06:07 pm »

Making a lot of money, and when you guys discover some mining plots I'll head on over.

I'm thinking about diversifying into wood cutting to cover my construction bases, but might go for farming to get food. Hm. Decisions decisions. Or even builder, which is a strength skill?

We already have a mining plot found,  Hunting might be useful right now since you could forage in the forest for food and such.

Oh. I forgot. Uh. Doesn't hunting require IQ? Probably not since you suggested that, but nevertheless.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2011, 06:06:38 pm »

Is there any work for a nerdypants in libya?  I went 100% smarts like an idiot and cant do any of the jobs at newb york.

Buy and eat some testosterone pills. It'll reduce your IQ, while raising strength.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2011, 06:11:53 pm »

Oh. I forgot. Uh. Doesn't hunting require IQ? Probably not since you suggested that, but nevertheless.

Nah I'm pretty sure it needs Strength

As a hunter you are very good in finding edible fruits and mushrooms in the forests. Your success depends on several factors, like the fertility of the forest, your hunter rank, your strength and mood. Also, the longer you forage the higher the chance that you will find someting.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2011, 06:16:16 pm »

Is there any work for a nerdypants in libya?  I went 100% smarts like an idiot and cant do any of the jobs at newb york.
I bought a bunch of testosterone pills I dont need, what's your name in game?

I'll send 'em your way :)

That goes for everyone, I bought a bunch of 'em before I decided not to use em all (and thought they added +1 str not +2 str)

EDIT: More loser newbie news :-

I got a red apple-picking job, went to the farm. u gotta be level 2 farmer to pick apples FFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Then i get carrot-picking job, got back to the farm, the only carrot plot is EMPTY, DOUBLE FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Third time lucky, I'm heading back to the farm AGAIN with a wheat-harvesting job.

I made sure to check that there's a bunch of wheat plots with health % before that third trip. Takes 20 minutes round-trip from farm=>town=>farm.

Seriously, this game needs more info on the screens, i.e. when you take a job, it should tell you how much work there is and what the minimum levels are.

EDIT2: WHAT THE FUCK!!! I went:

got the wheat job - check (double-checked that "harvest wheat on newbie farm" is in my accepted jobs list)
back to the farm - check
click on wheat plot with % growth AND health - check

THERE'S STILL NO HARVEST OPTION APPEARING

FCK THIS GAME!!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:27:52 pm by Reelyanoob »

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »

Sorry guys I think I'm going to quit unless someone can help me out here

I can't gain XP at any skill that I have, been trying all day.

EDIT: Ok I found that clicking on something from the drop-down boxes at the top of the window let me queue up a "farm" sounding job. I picked "fertilize". But I have no idea what that's meant to do with the "wheat job" i selected from the GameMaster!!

I'm running 1 click / 10 minutes to find out if this actually achieves anything.

Damn the help for this game sucks ass. No wonder there's so few players.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:35:14 pm by Reelyanoob »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2011, 06:32:18 pm »

What skills are you tryinng to raise?
*Hugs*

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2011, 06:36:07 pm »

Builder, but the only thing to build glitched and is completed.

Farmer, but I was clicking on farms which matched the GameMaster jobs I accepted but there's nothing to click on

I'm trying a choice from the drop-down menubar now "fertilize the newbie farm" but have no idea what the whole "get job from gamemaster thing" with wheat farms etc was all about, because there's no options on the wheat farm to do anything.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:37:50 pm by Reelyanoob »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2011, 06:37:19 pm »

To do the jobs you open the activities tag and choose to do them.
But if other people have done them already there's nothing for it. I decided to give up in newb york and head to libya, at least there'll be work there.
*Hugs*

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2011, 06:38:47 pm »

We need our own "getting started" guide. The game's own documentation sucks badly.

Thanks Menace, that pointer did actually help a bit.

Why have the visual representation of a farm that looks like you need to click on it, if it's not going to do anything and you've got to use the drop down menus etc for everything? It's just a distraction / confusion. They could at leadt have embedded help messages in the info screen for the buildings.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:41:59 pm by Reelyanoob »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2011, 06:41:08 pm »

Yeah, they really need to add more jobs for the GameMaster to give though, I was trying to level engineering but couldn't get past 21% exp.
*Hugs*

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2011, 06:42:36 pm »

My builder has been stuck on 15% due to the castle being finished.

OK "fertilize the newbie farm" added Zero farmer experience. Chalk that one down as a useless option for skill gaining. Another 10 minutes wasted.

I finally located how to start the GM farm jobs, so I'm givng 1 click as a start.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:44:34 pm by Reelyanoob »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2011, 06:44:44 pm »

Yeah, I noticed I wasn't getting EXP from mining for Gamemaster
*Hugs*

Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2011, 06:45:54 pm »

Last time I was in Newb York, it looked like the castle had been reset. I couldn't get any of the GM jobs to work either though.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2011, 06:49:18 pm »

To do the farming jobs in NewbYork you have to start the job through the JOBS screen - I have absolutely not found a way to start it from the Activity screen or the Plot display screen (Home screen).  And forget the Watering job - just do the harvest jobs they are 250-500xp each.  I am kicking myself for doing a couple of watering jobs first...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34