Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 175796 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (town IC needed)
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2011, 01:01:34 pm »

Ugh, that was a badly worded question.
Unvote mormota

I would ask Toaster a question, but since he became a Scum IC is he still actually in the game?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2011, 01:06:14 pm »

Screw it. I am not going to get anywhere by being quiet.
Mipe9. Why have you been so quiet?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2011, 01:08:00 pm »

So many unknowns.
I assume both are voting each other. Is the lurker bringing good arguments, even though he has limited posting time?
By calling the other unreadable, I assume he's being active, has done his scumhunting, brings good arguments etc.
In which case I'll vote the lurker, obviously.
When I say "Unreadable" I mean he's not dropping any scumtells, but you can't really tell what alignment he is. That is, to say, you're not sure if he's scum or town.

Anyway. I think I have what I want from this line of questioning.
Unvote

But he answered your questions. Why couldn't he answer mine?

If people have the privilege to post once every other day, I'm going to take the freedom not to post at 1:30 am, if I don't feel like it.
Don't like posting when I'm tired and my thoughts are muffled.
(Inb4 "Why would that worry you, if you were town?")
Um. No. Wanting to post coherently isn't a scumtell.

Powder Miner:
So, you admitted you were doing something, stopped, and then asked someone else why they were doing that?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2011, 01:15:25 pm »

Powder Miner:
So, you admitted you were doing something, stopped, and then asked someone else why they were doing that?
[/quote]

I would have been being quiet, while waiting for an answer about why TOaster was still on the votelist, and then I decided that I shouldn't wait for an answer about Toaster. If you consider that being quiet, then yes I did do that.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2011, 01:21:19 pm »

I would ask Toaster a question, but since he became a Scum IC is he still actually in the game?
No, he isn't. You have Darvi to thank for that.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2011, 02:37:17 pm »

(Inb4 "Why would that worry you, if you were town?")

How did that even come up?
I just wanted to anticipate the silly line of reasoning, in the manner of "Why would muffled thoughts worry you? If you were town, you wouldn't worry about what you have to post, right? Does that mean you have to conceal your mischievous nature?".

Trust me, there's always somebody, who comes up with these sort of BS. I just wanted to spare myself that facepalm.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2011, 04:02:26 pm »

Just a question for Mormota: why do you find me suspicious? I mean all I have done is not said much, and that's just because I have been busy. Does that automatically signify that I am a mafioso?

Just something to keep in mind:

Participation and activity is a very important trait for town. Scum, and especially new scum, have trouble looking like they effectively scumhunt so they very frequently don't. This cuts their participation, and observant town then note that they're not really scumhunting or actively participating.

I realize people are busy. Just do your best to stay involved.

I just wanted to anticipate the silly line of reasoning, in the manner of "Why would muffled thoughts worry you? If you were town, you wouldn't worry about what you have to post, right? Does that mean you have to conceal your mischievous nature?".

Trust me, there's always somebody, who comes up with these sort of BS. I just wanted to spare myself that facepalm.

Preemptive defenses are scummy. Unless somebody actually raises a BS point you shouldn't defend yourself from it. Otherwise, you look nervous, which invites several nasty questions about what you're nervous about. In more brutal games this can easily get you lynched.

I am going to unvote and go with mipe9. mipe9, tell me who you think is scummy and why.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orangebottle, what do you think of Jafferey?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd also like to second that extension.
I want at least have some more posts by Jafferey.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

I'd also like to second that extension.

What extension?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2011, 06:30:40 pm »

Jeez, stacking votes much? Vote to extend.
Also, come on ask me some questions, I'm bored.
This one.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orangebottle, what do you think of Jafferey?
Jafferey? He's pretty unreadable. He's posted all of three times, so I don't have much to go on at all.

Jafferey, are you going to come play the game with us?

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Jafferey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVII - Day 1 - Storm on Mt. Ooe (IC needed!)
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2011, 08:50:14 pm »

I would try to guess which players might be doctor and cop, and try to pick them to increase my chances of success. Obviously I wouldn't choose my scum partner. If not sure I could choose a random target, and maybe cycle through targets then see if my choice had any effect by looking at the discussion following.

Jafferey, why do you even mention choosing your scum partner? Does it come up as a possibility for you?

Since Motmota might take a while (prod requested), let's see who else we can ask...

Bloody ignorant Americans, other time zones exist too.

I just mentioned my scum partner because I would be trying to eliminate things with no or low probability. This was a difficult question for me. In reality I don't really know how I would identify roles, probably go random for now, by being able to eliminate 1 member (my scumbuddy) this makes things a lot easier for me. And don't be fooled by the fact that I am saying "my scumbuddy" as though that is the way things currently are, and assume that I am projecting the fact that I am scum onto the question.

I understand why lack of posting may be a good reason for voting, but I don't see how that would automatically make me *very* suspicious. You seem to be very aggressively targeting me Mormota, and I find that suspicious in itself as though you are trying to draw attention away from yourself and cause a mislynch.

Jafferey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the above post i accidently wrote my response INSIDE the quote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Do an EBWOP, or an Edit By Way of Post, if it's not clear what you're saying or if it's not what you meant.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38