Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginners' XXVII - Imperishable Night - Game Over!  (Read 176756 times)

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' XXVII - Day 2 - Mountain of Faith
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2011, 10:46:29 am »

As for asking token questions, that's a part of scumhunting. You can't scumhunt without them. You need to ask more in-depth questions, certainly, but before the in-depth ones come the token ones.

We are in day 2. You had plenty of time to ask pointless questions day 1, you should have suspicions by now. Why aren't you asking those in-depth questions then?

Also, I'd like to point out that token question means a question asked for the sake of asking one.
I am asking more in-depth questions. Although you might consider my question of jim to have no point, it's so I can compare what he says that what I have observed of him and find discrepancies. I wouldn't consider it asked for the sake of asking.

Irony owl, you've been very quiet. Have you managed to form an opinion of someone yet? Why have you not been scumhunting recently?

Jim groovester, you seem slow to respond to my last post. I'm expecting you to say something.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2011, 12:09:20 pm »

The replacement has been found, and the day is mod-extended by 24 hours (though the replacee warned that he'll only get here by Wednesday).

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2011, 12:30:10 pm »

Doesn't the day end on wednesday?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2011, 02:13:02 pm »

Mindmaker is dead. Long live Urist. This post brought to you by Procrastination Station - "Buy now, pay later!"
Doesn't the day end on wednesday?
Does now. It would have ended tomorrow.
though the replacee warned that he'll only get here by Wednesday
BS. I said tomorrow afternoon. By which I meant at 3PM, after I got out of class and an hour after day end.

IronyOwl:
IronyOwl, you are nice providing tips, but who do you suspect? If you could choose to kill off one person now, who would it be?
This is a good question.

Currently, I don't particularly suspect anyone; with all the flailing that's going on, it's been difficult to pick out anything that seems outright scummy. Just about everyone is lurking, active lurking, and/or using questionable tactics.

If you don't particularly suspect anyone, why aren't you trying to find something suspicious? Or have you begun suspecting someone and simply not following up on your suspicions? You're all about telling other people to scumhunt, but when it comes to actual scumhunting, I find you sorely lacking, which sets off alarm bells in my head.

Right now, I feel the thread is in need of IC direction more than it is my personal scumhunting. As a prime example of this, I can't really tell who's being scummy and who just doesn't know what they're doing, so trying to scumhunt them is of somewhat limited utility.
IC advice-giving does not preclude scumhunting. The town is always in need of people who actively attempt to find scum. Town who don't hunt scum are bad town and look like scum. Scum who don't hunt scum are easier to spot, although not so much from what I've seen of this game. Why aren't you hunting scum?

Jim:
What happened to your unhappiness here, or here, or here? I wouldn't call you 'mostly pleased' with everybody.

Most everybody I'm not yelling at is doing a decent job of scumhunting.
What is your opinion on IronyOwl's scumhunting? You seem to be suggesting that you approve of his efforts, nonexistant as they are.

Shakerag:
Regarding your question, I'd have to say frustrated newbie.

I'm curious why so much of your effort was dedicated to hunting Mindmaker. Who else do you suspect of being scum? Why haven't you acted on those suspicions?

I'll ask other people questions once I'm done this assignment.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2011, 03:12:20 pm »

Jim groovester, you seem slow to respond to my last post. I'm expecting you to say something.

Who the fuck cares?

Is that the response you're looking for? It's the response I'm going to give you.

You seem to think that when I said I was unhappy with a few people, I meant uniformly unhappy, which is simply not true. For the things I'm not happy about there's still plenty of stuff that they're doing perfectly fine.

I don't see how this question is going to lead you anywhere. Tell me how my IC opinion on the players' in the game and their current state is at all relevant to how I am town or scum. Please, I am desperately interested to know.

What is your opinion on IronyOwl's scumhunting? You seem to be suggesting that you approve of his efforts, nonexistant as they are.

As an IC I know the feeling's he's expressed because I'm experiencing the same thing right now.

Herding the newbies and getting them into decent shape is usually the first step towards actually getting any good reads off of them.

Right now, and I'm sure IronyOwl is experiencing the same thing, I see newbie, newbie, newbie, newbie, and so on, and not much else.

. . .

How much procrastinating have you been doing? This is a surprisingly good first post.

Shakerag, if you're asking questions of the people who voted mipe9 about their votes, there must obviously be something you're dissatisfied about them with. Care to tell me what that is?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2011, 03:15:00 pm »

Shakerag:
Regarding your question, I'd have to say frustrated newbie.

I'm curious why so much of your effort was dedicated to hunting Mindmaker. Who else do you suspect of being scum? Why haven't you acted on those suspicions?

Well, when I replaced in and looked over the thread, Powder Miner was my initial suspect, but the more I was looking at what everyone had said, Mindmaker was really standing out for, I suppose you could say, "active lurking".  I felt like I had enough points to really drill into him, and was intending on doing so until he cracked.  Although, he didn't quite crack how I was expecting...

Looking at the more recent posts from everyone, my reads on just about everyone are coming up either inconclusive, or can't tell one way or another between newbie/scum tells. 

The one person I'm wanting to look into more right now is Jim.  He's been throwing out a lot of advice, and a lot of criticism, but not a lot of scumhunting.  Not to mention that he's got a very aggressive personality, throwing up a big "blegh, I'm an asshole" shield that he could be using to deter newbie scumhunters from probing too deeply.  Would you be so kind as to try leading by example, Jim?

Powder Miner:  Haven't heard from you in a while.  What's your analysis of the vote count at the end of D1?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2011, 03:17:31 pm »

How much procrastinating have you been doing? This is a surprisingly good first post.

About an hour's worth.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2011, 03:21:14 pm »

Would you be so kind as to try leading by example, Jim?

You answer my question and I'll answer yours.

But you didn't ask me a question. You only voted me. I can't answer votes by themselves.

About an hour's worth.

I mean in total. How many games have you read before you jumped in here?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 26, 2011, 03:39:48 pm »

Who the fuck cares?

Is that the response you're looking for? It's the response I'm going to give you.

You seem to think that when I said I was unhappy with a few people, I meant uniformly unhappy, which is simply not true. For the things I'm not happy about there's still plenty of stuff that they're doing perfectly fine.

I don't see how this question is going to lead you anywhere. Tell me how my IC opinion on the players' in the game and their current state is at all relevant to how I am town or scum. Please, I am desperately interested to know.
My problem is as such:

I aksed you whose scumhunting you think is lacking, and you posted here saying that you were 'mostly pleased with what everybody's doing'. I then pointed out how you expressed unhappiness with three of the six other people, to which you replied 'Most everybody I'm not yelling at is doing a decent job of scumhunting'. Problem is, 'Most everybody I'm not yelling at' falls far short of 'everybody'. Don't try to play the 'I means I'm happy with how they're doing generally', because I asked you specifically about scumhunting.

When someone tries to question you in any depth, you start dismissing the entire line of questioning. When I continue anyway, you start throwing IC status around as if it grants you immunity to any suspicion.

You're bloody hard to get any kind of substantial response out of, let alone a consistent one, and I find that very scummy, Jim Groovester.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 26, 2011, 03:47:09 pm »

Maybe you're having trouble getting anything out of me because your line of questioning is terrible?

I'm forthcoming if you have good questions to ask.

You haven't answered how my opinion on where everybody is matters at all, because that's the most important part, isn't it? I'm certain it doesn't matter one fucking bit, but you don't seem to think so and you're not explaining why.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 26, 2011, 04:04:45 pm »

Shakerag, if you're asking questions of the people who voted mipe9 about their votes, there must obviously be something you're dissatisfied about them with. Care to tell me what that is?

Well, mipe9 was lynched and flipped town.  I find it a bit of a stretch to believe that he was entirely mislynched by town members, and that the scumteam just sat back and watched.  With how mipe9 started D1, as I mentioned before, it would have been pretty easy for the scumteam to nudge suspicion and votes onto him.  Therefore, I beleive that one or both of the scumteam voted for mipe9 D1, and/or were casting suspicion on him to draw other votes in. 

So, I asked you about mipe9 before.  What was he doing that made your opinion of him worse after you voted?  You responded to Urist that you aren't getting any good reads off of anybody because all you see is "newbie, newbie, newbie, newbie, and so on, and not much else."  Why was mipe9 different, then?

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 26, 2011, 04:24:29 pm »

Maybe you're having trouble getting anything out of me because your line of questioning is terrible?

I'm forthcoming if you have good questions to ask.

You haven't answered how my opinion on where everybody is matters at all, because that's the most important part, isn't it? I'm certain it doesn't matter one fucking bit, but you don't seem to think so and you're not explaining why.
Your opinion on other people matters because if you're town then it tells me what the results of your scumhunting is. If you don't have a strong opinion, or if there are inconsistencies in your opinion, then it either means that you're a bad scumhunter or that you're scum.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 26, 2011, 05:22:12 pm »

IronyOwl, I never had any problem with your responses to Mormota. Not sure what you meant by that question.
And sure, the thread might need IC direction, but can't you direct and scumhunt at the same time?

Also, Shakerag, I don't see any problem with the D1 votecount. It as pretty even from RVing, but three people had been voting for mipe9 because they found him suspicious, -after multiple extensions-, and with cases. They just turned out to be wrong.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 26, 2011, 06:06:28 pm »

Mormota, why are you voting ed boy? Is his vote for Powder Miner the only reason?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 26, 2011, 06:07:26 pm »

Powder Miner, who do you suspect beside IronyOwl?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38