Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We don't need that huge poll taking up all that space, do we?

Nope.
- 0 (0%)
Definitively not.
- 0 (0%)
I don't think so.
- 0 (0%)
That's for sure.
- 0 (0%)
I'll stop now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!  (Read 58033 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Let's Play Blind(ish)!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 05:17:28 pm »

Slowly make it go higher to represent his ever stronger echolocation.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 08:02:48 pm »

Character is finalized. 2 Perception*, and small guns melee weapons as a tagged skill. This shall be fun.

EDIT: I totally did not say small guns. (I had a 62% chance to hit a rat. A rat! At point blank range!)

*Gifted prevented me from taking anything lower.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:11:37 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 09:19:45 pm »

Character is finalized. 2 Perception*, and small guns melee weapons as a tagged skill. This shall be fun.

EDIT: I totally did not say small guns. (I had a 62% chance to hit a rat. A rat! At point blank range!)

*Gifted prevented me from taking anything lower.

Now, be honest; rats are bloody small. You try shooting one accurately, even at point blank range!  :P

What are the other two tagged skills, out of curiosity? Sneak? Or do we have a different tactic (besides "Absorb bullets with face") for getting close to things that tagged Guns instead?

Also, posting to watch. A bit disappointed we won't get awesome lazory goodness, but hey, slicing things into finely sliced, post-apocalyptic ham is always fun to watch.  ;)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 09:41:39 pm »

But, but melee weapons aren't spectacular!

Besides, it's a rat. Buggers are skittering around like douchebags. Just wait until you see the human enemies.

And magical rifles of DOOM.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 07:04:30 am »

What are the other two tagged skills, out of curiosity? Sneak? Or do we have a different tactic (besides "Absorb bullets with face") for getting close to things that tagged Guns instead?

The other two tagged skills are sneak and first aid. Plus our agility is at 10, so we can quickly get into whacking range. But honestly I wish I took doctor instead of first aid. Doctor heals 3-4 times more, and can fix crippled limbs. Oh well. You live and you die horribly learn.

A bit disappointed we won't get awesome lazory goodness

Yeah, I wish we took energy weapons too. But with the terrible perception taking energy weapons would not be feasible.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 11:50:01 am »

I usually begin the game by meleeing all the intro targets (including radscorpions ala hit and run tactics), and stepping up to firearms against humans and heavier targets. Heavy weapons against supermutants, unless I have better smaller/short-range/melee stuff. Sorta like I do in FO3. Get a few distant shots to soften them up (FO3 is where the Dart Gun becomes my favorite weapon. Slow them down first (or 1-hit kill them if sufficiently weak enough) with a shot anywhere on them, and cripple them instantly while letting poison damage them for a few seconds and change weapons while behind cover), and then sledgehammer or slice them up close when you can't run any further. Tactic also seems to work against geckos in FO2. Haven't run into wanamingos yet, so I'm uncertain if this tactic works against them.

EDIT: ↓
I agree, chosen max base stats should cap off at 9 or 8. For similar reasons.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 12:04:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 11:51:56 am »

Yeah, I wish we took energy weapons too. But with the terrible perception taking energy weapons would not be feasible.

Sniper rifle eye-shots from 50 squares is where the fun is at!
10 Agi? While i absolutely agree with as high Agi as it goes, 9 is a better idea! Why? Thou shall not get any spoilers from me!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 01:12:51 pm »

Wait, did you really take bloody mess? I hope not! Sure, the gory deaths are fun, but you miss out on all the fun deaths which aren't the "goriest possible." The sheer variety of death animations is one of this game's most fun little perks, and with bloody mess you miss it all! Besides, when I see a mutant's head explode, I want to feel like I *earned* it.

I always take Chem Reliant as one of mine. Damn the cost, these drugs are lovely. The other is usually finesse, if I remember correctly. Been a while. I'll have to dig out my old copy sometime...

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 01:28:37 pm »

Nah, Stworca is right, Gifted is the best. You don't even really need Skilled to counterbalance it. I don't know if I've ever actually gone Chem Reliant though!

If you're going melee, you might want to use grenades as an alt weapon when you find them. You don't have to be very accurate with them to knock guys down and they don't use a lot of AP either.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 02:57:27 pm »

Sniper rifle eye-shots from 50 squares is where the fun is at!
10 Agi? While i absolutely agree with as high Agi as it goes, 9 is a better idea! Why? Thou shall not get any spoilers from me!

Is it worth creating a new character? Or should I just continue with my old one until he dies horribly?

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 03:29:45 pm »

Is it worth creating a new character? Or should I just continue with my old one until he dies horribly?

Don't worry, the game is beatable by almost any character.  :)
With your 10 agi you are uberhaxx0rbuff anyway!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 03:30:17 pm »

Excellent. Then I shall work on typing up the turn.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 04:09:25 pm »

Rent-A-Cop of the Vaults

Spoiler: Not my first choice... (click to show/hide)

Due to compatibility issues, the cutscenes look like they're made of wax. Hot wax. Hot, dripping wax. But it was either that or having the rest of the game look like someone vomited a bunch of pixels on it. Therefore I won't be showing any cutscene. Don't worry, there's always Youtube

United Security is an actual thing. They don't do security though, they're just some sort of gaming group. I managed to stumble upon them while I was bored, so...

For the skill points, I'll be dumping them into melee, sneak and first aid (in that order). It looks like I have a dungeon crawl ahead, so I figure that increasing those two skills will help me immensely.

Any questions? Comments?

EDIT: Is the rope inside the vault or somewhere else? Found it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:18:07 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 05:33:06 pm »

You are in for a tough road. So often people will be shooting at you and you won't have any cover. It is a harsh harsh wasteland... Make sure if you go to sneak you aren't running. Other than that, best of luck!

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 06:04:48 pm »

Try conserving grenades if you find any. You MAY face an enemy that breaks balls in melee.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24