Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We don't need that huge poll taking up all that space, do we?

Nope.
- 0 (0%)
Definitively not.
- 0 (0%)
I don't think so.
- 0 (0%)
That's for sure.
- 0 (0%)
I'll stop now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!  (Read 58007 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Fallout: Let's Play Blind(ish)!
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2011, 01:32:47 pm »

I'll admit, I haven't played NV yet; I just thought they'd be worse in a later version. I guess I was wrong.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2011, 02:18:09 pm »

huh :-\

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2011, 03:44:58 pm »

My first Deathclaw in FO3 got shot from sneak with the unique hunting rifle. took 2-3 more shots to the head before it died, though. They're nasty.

My first Deathclaw in Tactics met the Burst action shotgun I'd just found. Too Easy.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #123 on: October 12, 2011, 06:15:07 pm »

Since Deathclaws are topic, I had a pretty funny/shocking encounter with one one time. I was visiting Big Town, and stopped by to trade for some medical supplies, and after I left the house, a dead deathclaw fell from the roof (rolling off it, more like) of the house and almost landed on me. It was indeed dead, and the rest of the town treated it as if it was nothing new. Like it was a prank setup for me.

Of course, this was after Big Trouble in Big Town, and I went the robot path in defending the town, but that surprised me, because that was among the last thing I was expecting to ever happen in short notice.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 06:20:15 pm by Itnetlolor »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2011, 04:19:07 pm »

The Brotherhood of Steel

Spoiler: For Great Justice, (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armour, (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: and Truth! (click to show/hide)

If you don't know, the doctor in the Brotherhood can preform operations to increase your SPECIAL stats (except for charisma and luck, but our charisma is (somehow) already at 10). So which one should I take first, assuming I have the caps for it. I'm thinking of improving my Strength first...
The laser pistol does slightly less damage at the lower range than the 14mm pistol I was using. However, it's an energy weapon, so I'll be more accurate with it. It has 10 more range than the 14mm, and I only need 3 Strength to use it. I should be able to snipe enemies half-way across the screen with it or something, especially since I took sharpshooter as my level 8 perk (all the other ones seemed kinda lame).

Anyways for my next update I'll head to the Hub first to find that Initiate and get some more ammo. After that it's back for some power armour (hopefully) and operations before I head north to do some scouting.

I met a lot more people in the Brotherhood than I put in this update. My will for writing is sapped for today. Maybe later they'll get their own little mini-update or something. Plus I accidentally posted part of this update before the rest was ready, so...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 04:31:33 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »

Fuck. Even when I kill two of the guards they critically hit me for 33 damage. Gah. I'll just save the Initiate later.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2011, 04:53:09 pm »

When in doubt, !!EXPLOSIVES!!

Set a trap, mate. Get a claymore or some such, stick it by the doorway, snipe at a guard then haul ass. They follow, then BOOM
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2011, 05:01:12 pm »

When in doubt, !!EXPLOSIVES!!

Set a trap, mate. Get a claymore or some such, stick it by the doorway, snipe at a guard then haul ass. They follow, then BOOM

I was thinking the same thing until I realized that I haven't seen anybody stocking mines. I went with grenades and managed to kill two of them, until, well, 33 damage.

Maybe power armour will even things up...

EDIT: WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE MY INFINITE RAGE. 33 DAMAGE AND A FUCKING KNOCKDOWN. FUCKING KNOCKDOWN. DOWN TO ONE MEASLY POINT OF HEALTH. FIRST HIT DOES NO DAMAGE, SECOND HIT KILLS ME. FUCKING CHRIST HELL SHIT.

(If you can't tell, I'm angry. At least this time my death was a fluke. Only one person was a serious threat to me, and his backup managed to kill him with burst fire. Priceless.)

EDIT2: HAHAHAHAHAHA! Knocked Mr. Combat-Shotgun unconscious with a shot to the head. Two of his friends move forward, over top of him. You always get a 95% chance to hit unconscious enemies, so I pull out my grenades and chuck it. All three die. Too bad the stupid building was in the way, so I couldn't get good screenshots.

If you're wondering, the last guy didn't kill me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:17:31 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2011, 06:35:37 pm »

Revenge is always a priceless pleasure.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2011, 10:38:16 pm »

I would probably go under the knife for INT or AGI first in your shoes. INT for more skill points. You could do STR, but there's another way to get that up to a decent level, and you've already got that goal in your sights, so...

Also that fight you are talking about, if I remember correctly – the one room in the bad part of the Hub, right – is kind of a bitch for an actually combat-focused character with friends, so I can see how it would drive you crazy! Also there are no mines as such, but there are sticks of dynamite and plastic explosives. I think the basic weapons merchant in the Hub and Killian Darkwater have dynamite, and the high-end Hub merchant might have the plastic explosives.

The Glow does not have super awesome weapons you can't get anywhere else, I don't think, but it does have weapons and energy cells.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2011, 05:40:05 am »

It did have a supercomputer you could play chess with and something else I couldn't do because of insufficient INT and science :(
Anyone know what it gives you if you can do it?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2011, 11:38:53 am »

The Glow does not have super awesome weapons you can't get anywhere else, I don't think, but it does have weapons and energy cells.

What kind of weapons? I'll probably won't go back for anything less than a laser rifle.

Conserning operations I'll go for AGI first, than INT for the skill points, then hopefully END for the health boost. Going through the fight has shown me how squishy Rob actually is, even in power armour. Then I'll do STR and finally PER. Sound good?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2011, 02:46:30 pm »

Plasma rifle weapons. Can be upgraded into the best energy weapons in the game, or close to it. And loads of armor/weapons for cash.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2011, 03:11:28 pm »

You had me at plasma. :P

Good thing I have all most of the Rad-Xs I bought. Now I just have to construct an excuse to visit the Glow again...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2011, 03:21:44 pm »

You had me at plasma. :P

Good thing I have all most of the Rad-Xs I bought. Now I just have to construct an excuse to visit the Glow again...
Power suit (from a Brotherhood corpse), and plenty of ammo all over the place, and maybe some named equipment (if not, upgradable, at least) and heavy-ass weapons. The place is loot city.

Reason enough?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24