Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We don't need that huge poll taking up all that space, do we?

Nope.
- 0 (0%)
Definitively not.
- 0 (0%)
I don't think so.
- 0 (0%)
That's for sure.
- 0 (0%)
I'll stop now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!  (Read 58008 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Let's Play Blind(ish)! I is winner!
« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2011, 07:57:15 pm »

An Epilogue of Sorts

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's the epilogue. It has enough flexibility (hopefully) to deal with the plot of Fallout 2. After all, Rob Snarker is worshipped in some places as an actual god, Primus is like Leonardo Da Vinci except with actual inventions, Secundus makes Morgan look Poor and Irish, and Tertius is hippy nature Jesus. All and all it's crap a fine epilogue.

Now on to Fallout 2.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »

Now for character creation. Basically the two ideas that I have for the character:
Spoiler: Option 1: Big Guns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Option 2: Small Guns (click to show/hide)
Thoughts? Ideas? After all, I've never played Fallout 2 before, so I have no idea how terrible they are. Or good, or that matter.

I'll put up a poll.

EDIT: Titthal Askak is too long by about two characters. Will only Titthal work nicely? The last name won't appear in any of the screenshots, but I could always add it in the updates.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:09:32 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2011, 08:11:03 pm »

Small guns looks good.

Especially because of the Gauss Rifle. Don't even need ta Bloody Mess for that gore.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2011, 08:13:03 pm »

Small guns is too easy. Survive on your wits and ability to convince people until you can find yourself something big enough to mow down entire towns.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2011, 08:15:09 pm »

Small guns looks good.

Especially because of the Gauss Rifle. Don't even need ta Bloody Mess for that gore.

Gauss Rifle? Don't need Bloody Mess? That?!?!?

Unless somebody can come up with an equally awesome weapon for Big Guns, I'm going with the Gauss rifle.

Small guns is too easy. Survive on your wits and ability to convince people until you can find yourself something big enough to mow down entire towns.

Of which weapon do you speak of that can mow down entire towns, and how do I lay my hands on one?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2011, 08:20:21 pm »

Pfft, with Gauss Rifles you don't even need to get NEAR the town.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2011, 08:34:20 pm »

Find yourself one of the Miniguns. There's one in Mariposa, I believe. Or there's sometimes a few for sale in San Francisco.

Otherwise, Bozar. There's one in some Toxic Caves.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2011, 09:12:55 pm »

I've also got to say that unlike the original, Melee and Unarmed are actually pretty fun in this game. The Super-Sledge sending people flying across the map, the Power Fist caving in skulls, the fact that additional levels in unarmed unlock "special moves", they can be quite entertaining.

There's a number more party members too, and you'll want to bring them along since they really make the game. Charisma determines party size, so a high charisma means you don't really need much in the way of combat skills depending on which allies you choose, even if you go guns blazing. (They can also accommodate for most of the other skills you lack, I believe, so that may be neither here nor there) And you really don't need to go guns blazing - I've beaten the game without ever launching an attack (though its not easy!). High Speech+High Science have some of the best and most fun bits, truth be told, but there really is fun for every build here, especially with some of the advanced Perks.

Oh, and Barter is worthless, don't tag that!

I think a very high agility+luck (crits!), decent charisma, decent strength character with melee (knives, yay!), speech, and stealth is a pretty fun build.

Outdoorsman is a fun skill, and super useful online, but not so much in the single player version. Lockpick and steal are good, but don't really need to be tagged except for a few special cases. First Aid and Doctor are useful, but aside from some special story bits stimpacks are moreso. Traps I rarely use, most of the combat skills are roughly equivalent, Gambling is broken to hell and back but infinite money isn't actually worth all that much...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:40 pm »

Seeing you try to do a stealth based character could be interesting. Although the sexy slaver is also pretty amusing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2011, 11:32:09 pm »

Yeah, Fallout 2 provides significantly more support for melee and unarmed characters. Melees get better weapons and there's a fun place for an unarmed combat master to shine. But as far as weapon skills go, small guns is easiest, followed by energy weapons and big guns (which are pretty close). But you can make a lot of things work.

Outdoorsman is not a bad skill, but you don't need to tag it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2011, 08:09:01 am »

Hmm... Looks like small guns is the most popular right now.

How about small guns, speech and sneak? Small guns and speech for the obvious reasons, but if I need to I could always drop my companions somewhere and sneak around for a bit. That sounds like the best combination, seeing as most of the other skills are useless and taking another combat skill is a bit silly.

Fjords to Plowshares

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2011, 08:56:40 am »

I'd advocate Steal over Sneak, but they both have their uses, for sure.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2011, 04:11:43 pm »

I'll just change it to steal then. Haven't even started yet, so it'll be easy.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2011, 05:59:51 pm »

I also recommend taking +8 str and +8 agi for...certain activities if I remember correctly. It makes sense to be in good physical shape if you're good looking right? Take some points away from luck, that'll be fun =)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2011, 06:49:27 pm »

If I wasn't totally heading in that direction, I would ignore your suggestion. But as it stands...

Thoughts, everybody?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24