Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Unitedwires, a dwarven rebellion [SUCCESSION] we need overseers!  (Read 7012 times)

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unitedwires, a dwarven rebellion [SUCCESSION] we need overseers!
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2011, 07:59:51 pm »

Journal of The Spirit of Power, immortal god-king of all, written in the divine language upon the walls of his tomb.

26th Slate, 554

OHSHI-
Okay. Okay. Calm down. Just send the military and...

...Maybe the dwarves aren't ALL incompetent. I shall have the miners and smoothers make them some new barracks, with an armor stand and weapon rack for each dwarf. As a side note, up until now no previous overseer has seen fit to schedule emergency drills for when we are sieged. For that matter, no clear plan appeared to be in place. I have remedied this, and give the next overseer (should i ever tire of lowering myself to ruling these mortals) these instructions: In case of emergency, set civilian alert (m, a, enter on alert level) to "EVERYBODY PANIC", and send the military out to kill whatever is plaguing us. Also, the burrow labeled "Inside" will need to be updated as the fortress is expanded.

17th Felsite, 554

The elves have arrived. I order our crafts to be brought to the depot, and for our broker to trade with the elves. While it is tempting to purge them in the blood of the mountain, none is available at this time, and i haven't the time to make such a device even if there were. Ah well. Our broker was going to trade, but apparently something made of wood was in there somewhere, and the elves got angry. THIS. WILL. NOT. BE. TOLERATED. MILITARY, DESTROY THEM!

ooc: the annihilation of those %$#&$%@ elves and their stupidity will have to wait until tomorrow, i can't play DF anymore today. But rest assured, THERE WILL BE BLOOD.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2011, 01:54:06 pm »

Journal of The Spirit of Power, immortal god-king of all, written in the divine language upon the walls of his tomb.

23rd Felsite, 554

The military has slaughtered the elves. Perhaps this will teach them, but i doubt even genocide would make them stop their hypocrisy. I have used my powers to record the incident, in full color no less!
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-2383-premeditatedelfslaughter

The project proceeds quickly, but i have run into a snag: the ramps on the top half will need scaffolding to put up. We should still be able to finish before the year is out, but i begin to worry.

ooc: Besides the elves, nothing's happening again, so i'll just leave this here for your perusal.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2011, 02:39:57 pm »

Uh, yeah, DF suddenly and inexplicably won't work, i can start it up but i can't load any saves, so i'm posting the save.

Save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5015

Notes for the next overseer: Please finish my project, then set it as my tomb. It's an hourglass-shaped double pyramid, the bottom is limestone, the top is jet. The top is mostly done, but it needs walls and ramps on the outside, i've started a scaffold made of microcline for the purpose of putting on the ramps. I'd like it to have statues and armor stands and weapon racks throughout, with jet furniture for the top and limestone for the bottom. If i ever get a family, entomb them there as well. If not, feel free to use some of the extra space for nobles and the like. I'd like my tomb on the top floor. Also, give the poor military some freaking beds, no wonder they're so unhappy, geez.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2011, 03:04:39 pm »

You should probably grab a new DF install and try that save.  It is possible that the save itself is corrupted.  Although I've personally never had a corrupted save (knock on ironwood) I always have my game set to auto-back up seasonally which you can set in init.txt or something.  See http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Saved_game_folder for details.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2011, 03:18:37 pm »

Well, we've exhausted the turn list already.  I don't know what to do if we don't get more people (I could take another turn, but only as a last resort). 
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2011, 07:14:06 pm »

I am willing to give this a try, if that's okay.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2011, 07:59:16 pm »

Hooray!  You can start immediately.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2011, 08:03:34 pm »

Assuming control of this fort immediately. Well, as soon as I finish dling.

Also, I probably won't complete any megaprojects... mostly since I'll start one of my own.

I guess that, since the last player didn't finish his turn, I'll finish the year and then take my own turn. It's a young fort so FPS should be high.

EDIT: DF crashed. I think the save is corrupted. I'll try a previous one just to be sure.

EDIT 2: Previous save works. Should I go with that one?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:29:20 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2011, 08:33:09 pm »

This entire fort is cursed, it seems.  I'm going to see if I can get the save to work.
EDIT: How do I use a .rar file?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:38:30 pm by Gizogin »
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2011, 08:43:06 pm »

Extract it into the "save" folder in "data". Then load it in DF.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2011, 08:44:21 pm »

It won't let me extract it.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2011, 09:00:10 pm »

Then i got nothing :-\

Does it not give you the option to extract, or does it give you some error message? You may need to download winrar. Or if you're using a mac, something else. Google should help.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2011, 10:22:49 pm »

I can upload a zip version if need be, but winrar should do the trick for extracting the .rar file I uploaded.  Let me know.
edit: oh nevermind I see that my save is working okay for Deathsword.  Sadly it looks like we have to bail on the work Spirit of Power did.  I was enjoying the updates spirit, you should consider putting your name down again on the list.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:34:28 pm by Pisano »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2011, 10:59:44 am »

Use 7-zip to open rars
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2011, 11:51:44 am »

Yes, it's a shame Spirit's work will need to go to waste. The game crashes every single time I try to use his save. Pisano's works fine.

Anyway, time to see how is the fort... and my dorf.

EDIT: Trying to write a little side-story to explain Spirit of Power's turn, so to speak.

EDIT 2: The fort is nearing a catsplosion. Trying to fix that by butchering all unclaimed cats.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:43:11 pm by Deathsword »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8