Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216674 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #600 on: October 28, 2011, 04:42:30 am »

Time's up. Answer is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 28, 2011, 04:51:04 am »

As for M:tG, a Twilight deck would be Blue/Black, Rarity would be White, Fluttershy would be Green, Rainbow Dash would be Red, Applejack would be Green/Red and Pinkie Pie would be a crazy multicolored deck that shouldn't work but somehow does.
Just noticed this edit. I totally agree on Pinkie's deck. It should be a multitude of colors and colorless artifacts/enchantments, focusing on extreme ends of the cost spectrum, so that the deck more or less struggles to so much as get a single serious card out for the first half of the game, but if it survives past that or has a stroke of luck earlier, it unleashes all rainbow hell on everything. While singing.

And Dsarker, I do believe that in the Everfree and beyond pony control in general, normal food chains work. So, predators hunt and eat whatever they can catch, including ponies if they're feeling suicidal or live far enough away from Canterlot to remain unnoticed for a significant amount of time. Just because cattle is intelligent, for a predator it doesn't make it any less cattle.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 28, 2011, 04:53:46 am »

Yes. But there are no wild animals. Either you're sapient (in which case, you'll have a tribe or group or whatever) or you're not, and you're lunch.

I mean, feth. There are NO wild animals near town. Why the hell is the ursa there? And what about the hydra? Where are its prey animals? Or the manticore?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 28, 2011, 04:55:38 am »

As for M:tG, a Twilight deck would be Blue/Black, Rarity would be White, Fluttershy would be Green, Rainbow Dash would be Red, Applejack would be Green/Red and Pinkie Pie would be a crazy multicolored deck that shouldn't work but somehow does.
Just noticed this edit. I totally agree on Pinkie's deck. It should be a multitude of colors and colorless artifacts/enchantments, focusing on extreme ends of the cost spectrum, so that the deck more or less struggles to so much as get a single serious card out for the first half of the game, but if it survives past that or has a stroke of luck earlier, it unleashes all rainbow hell on everything. While singing.
But the game is usually won or lost in the first ten plays.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 28, 2011, 04:58:08 am »

The Ursa is actually in the Everfree. Admit it, we don't see enough of the Everfree to know what other kinds of things lurk in it. Ursas could be on the top of the food chain, feeding on Hydras, who feed on Manticores, who feed on dragon young, who can tell?

And I do know that, Dsarker. It all goes with "Pinkie is so random". Either she somehow survives a withering assault and prevails as the Spirit of Laughter, or she lucks out and wins early by being Pinkie Pie.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 28, 2011, 05:02:38 am »

Ursas might be top of the terrestial food chain, but above them are dragons. What can those unwieldy bears do against a flying armoured flamethrower?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 28, 2011, 05:08:23 am »

So it is completed then. Dragons>Ursas>Hydras>Manticores>Dragon eggs. Even with what we do know of the Everfree, this is at least feasible, and any of those probably can and do hunt for any of the smaller critters, even stray ponies who don't know where they shouldn't be.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 28, 2011, 05:11:11 am »

Well, that's the thing. Ponies are the smallest creatures they could conceivably hunt.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 28, 2011, 05:14:46 am »

No, the smallest they could hunt are bunnies, chickens, and mice. Admittedly, a mouse is no big feast for a manticore, but there are snakes too, and probably all kinds of other critters in the Everfree. Remember, the Everfree as described is mostly a natural forest with some fanciful beings thrown in for flavor. Like Reality Unless Noted should still apply.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 28, 2011, 05:17:15 am »

Ursas, dragons, and hydras wouldn't be able to hunt them. They're too small.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 28, 2011, 05:31:39 am »

Paraspites are by far the best candidate for bottom of the food chain if the thing's we've seen.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 28, 2011, 05:44:07 am »

Depends which food chain.

Large animals, the bottom of the food chain is ponies.

Small animals might be parasprites.

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
« Reply #612 on: October 28, 2011, 06:06:17 am »

Guys? I… I think I hit Jackpot.

Look what the postman brought today: https://imgur.com/a/7HvSo

All thanks to my cousin. Best. Cousin. Ever.

Now I'm off to find out how to pinkiefy that hair.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 28, 2011, 06:19:53 am »

Rotten lucky bastard!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 28, 2011, 08:52:50 am »

Okay. I need some help broadening my horizons.

So I'm going to write a pure happyfic. However, there are some extra rules.

Firstly, it's going to be a straight MLP fic. No crossovers.

Secondly, it's going to be EITHER: a) written in Latin OR b) documented like that other piece of fiction I posted up recently. Or both.

If I go with b, I'd be looking for pictures previously done or that you'd want to do for it, either to describe what happens in the fic (ie The picture of the events of Tuesday night clears up a lot of questions, such as...) or direct inspiration.

Either way, I need some help with ideas.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 153