Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 215303 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #660 on: October 30, 2011, 12:16:17 am »

I am the master, and I am a brony! RAINBOW DASH LOOKS AAAAAWEOSME IN THIS PICTURE(WARNING GOREY!)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Damn. Makes mine look tame and fluffy by comparison. RD looks badass there, although if that suit/environment is a reference to something, I've never heard of it.

Hmm, gotta one-up with something...

This.
Yeah, that one might be... hard to surpass. It'd take TTGL to one-up the source material. However, I was thinking "Dash the Stampede"... not sure how that would work out.

With her personality? Fluttershy, on the other hand...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 30, 2011, 12:56:05 am »

They say ponies make everything better, but now I really believe it.

You'd think it'd be distasteful, but no, it makes some of the pictures even more powerful. The Kent State one made me tear up a bit, and I've seen that picture hundreds of times.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 30, 2011, 03:02:01 am »

I've been reading some fanfiction, and it is incredibly OOC. Fluttershy is always being peaceful and stuff. I haven't seen any where she's in character one bit. She's never beaten up a bad guy or nothing. She never yells, either.

I can't believe this.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 30, 2011, 03:13:26 am »

I am the master, and I am a brony! RAINBOW DASH LOOKS AAAAAWEOSME IN THIS PICTURE(WARNING GOREY!)
Damn. Makes mine look tame and fluffy by comparison. RD looks badass there, although if that suit/environment is a reference to something, I've never heard of it.

Hmm, gotta one-up with something...

This.
Yeah, that one might be... hard to surpass. It'd take TTGL to one-up the source material. However, I was thinking "Dash the Stampede"... not sure how that would work out.

With her personality? Fluttershy, on the other hand...
Maybe not, but with her seemingly being the official Ponyville stampede lookout, as well as, quite literally in some cases, a Pony-oid Typhoon, I fail to see a better candidate. Also Dash the Stampede. Seriously.

For Fluttershy I had a different idea in mind:
Spoiler: Sketchity sketch (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 30, 2011, 06:00:17 am »

They say ponies make everything better, but now I really believe it.

You'd think it'd be distasteful, but no, it makes some of the pictures even more powerful. The Kent State one made me tear up a bit, and I've seen that picture hundreds of times.

Some of those are really good. The Applebloom and Marine one is especially amazing. Also, I could totally believe that Dalí actually met Pinkie, it would explain a lot. :P
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 30, 2011, 01:26:46 pm »

Well, I finally saw the Luna episode.  Luna wasn't quite like I expected, but I really liked the episode and I like the direction they took her character.  The old English was a nice touch.  I was really expecting her to be more emo about the whole thing, but it's easy to see now how she could have gotten bitter about things in the past.

I really need to watch the episodes when they're current so I can actually participate in the discussions when they're still relevant, heh.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 02:25:41 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 30, 2011, 02:21:33 pm »

No no no, it goes like this:

Hush now, quiet now, it's time to lay your sleepy head...
Hush now, quiet now, soon you will be dead...
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 30, 2011, 02:22:18 pm »

Y U NO DISTORT?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 30, 2011, 03:30:16 pm »

This is not a pony vid. Don't click!

I recognized the video ID and clicked it anyway.  :D

In unrelated news, hoping to get Ch3 up by tonight as I'm going to be too busy procrastinating on a paper this week to get anything more written, and was wondering if someone would give it a proofread: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18YdrUyCBzSURcQ8RgKtA7lZ9MnirkvYxHVnwLkcwrIQ/edit?hl=en_US#

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 30, 2011, 03:35:09 pm »

Ftfy
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 30, 2011, 03:56:16 pm »

Full song:

Drifting off to sleep, leave your exciting life behind you...
Drifting off to sleep, let the joy of darkness find you!
Hush now, quiet now, lay your sleepy head...
Hush now, quiet now, it's time that you were dead!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 30, 2011, 08:25:52 pm »

Hmmm. This is very revealing of the <INSERT APPLICABLE QUALITY HERE> of <INSERT APPLICABLE CHARACTER OR CHARACTERS HERE>

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 31, 2011, 12:57:00 am »

Incredible pony thing of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce1hg63Cf5U

Vocalist isn't perfect but is pretty decent once she starts singing. Really well written adaption, and the art is damn good too.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 31, 2011, 01:12:42 am »

I do prefer the original, sad to say. Scar's vocalist sounds better, the lyrics fit better...and there are quite a few missed rhymes in the adaptation.

And God help me, I love rhymes. And puns.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 153