Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216720 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #930 on: November 06, 2011, 11:51:54 am »

Looks pretty good. My screen is once again being silly and showing the yellow hair as white, unfortunately. You rock at drawing.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 06, 2011, 12:00:31 pm »

Going by a suggestion on the GitP art board, made a dark blue wetsuit version:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Personally, I've no idea which is better. The original version is a stab at what AJ is diving into in the episode. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 06, 2011, 12:03:09 pm »

Going by a suggestion on the GitP art board, made a dark blue wetsuit version:
Personally, I've no idea which is better. The original version is a stab at what AJ is diving into in the episode. :)

That is... amazing. You are an awesome artist!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 06, 2011, 12:52:24 pm »

And, as always, Sean is being a boss. 8)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 06, 2011, 01:01:47 pm »

Nifty! You sending this stuff into ED for the drawfriend?

Further thoughts about episode 5:
I actually like Rarity's parents. I'd love to seem more of Rarity's relationship with them. I expect it to be tense :)

Lots of people seem to be praising Applejack in this episode, but to me she was just being Applejack as usual. I guess she got some spotlight but I didn't see any character development for her (beyond showing a slightly deeper relationship with Applebloom (and racism against sheep)). Are people just noticing that Applejack's awesome like that?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 06, 2011, 01:04:21 pm »

Nifty! You sending this stuff into ED for the drawfriend?
...no. What's that?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 06, 2011, 01:07:00 pm »

They spotlight art pieces every day.

Click the submit button if you want to show your stuff off.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 06, 2011, 01:16:55 pm »

Ah. Nah. There's stuff much better drawn and much better designed, more importantly, on there. What I do is just.. sketches. The pencil is my tool, I'm fairly far away from "serious" art at this point.

Although today's number 14 design I can one-up. Meet Rainbow Slash:

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 06, 2011, 01:23:37 pm »

You don't give yourself enough credit. I've seen a lot of stuff worse than your work up there.

Just try it. Preferably before we piss them all off.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 06, 2011, 01:49:40 pm »

You don't give yourself enough credit. I've seen a lot of stuff worse than your work up there.

+1. That was the same motivation for me to submit my fanfic: there is stuff posted on there that is far worse. Remember, Sturgeon's Revelation is applied at full force to the internet, so chances are good that what any of us come up with will be better than quite a bit of stuff that gets through the EqD filters. Though I would recommend not posting the pictures specifically related to the fic until after the addition, so as not to tip our collective hat. In that vein, I was actually going to ask if you would consider submitting your 'sketches' (read: awesome art) as updates to the story post in the way that some stories have fanart posted, assuming it doesn't get pulled altogether.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 06, 2011, 01:54:30 pm »

Do you mean because of the horrible, horrible Grimdark fanfic that the twisted minds of this forum have thought up or why do you say that? I doubt that would piss too many people off, really. When the content of your fanfic is worse than "Cupcakes" (which it is, as far as I know), it will probably not get featured on EqD anyway.
Or did it already get featured?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 06, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »

Jesus, you are here making fanart when you could be on Equestrian Daily! You are too damn fine, Sean. We are damn lucky to have you.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 06, 2011, 02:12:09 pm »

About my art... well, I like to put it this way. I prefer to give myself not enough credit than give myself too much credit, since being objective about your own art is a nigh-impossible task. As long as I think that my art is "not good enough", I will always strive to improve it. That's basically how I got from pure-pencil doodles to what I'm doing now. I feel that if I ever consider my work good, I'll lose the focus on improving it.

But still, maybe I should submit it to EqD after all... what's the worst thing that could happen? *is struck by meteorite* Ow.
I don't have a whole lot of submittable material though. I got what, just dryad!Fluttershy and Applejack Navy Seal. Everything else is inseparable from the fic.

Hmm, there was that My Little Invasion: Friendship Unknown idea I had... could draw concept art for that.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 06, 2011, 03:22:39 pm »

Hey guys, I had a thought...Why does Sparkler being Dinky's sister invalidate Derpy/Ditzy being Dinky's mother? Couldn't Dinky and Sparkler be half-sisters, with the same father but different mothers?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 06, 2011, 03:26:12 pm »

It just throws a monkey wrench into the fanon. Not at all unfixable by some theories like that, but definitely shakes things up.

Maybe Dinky's adopted and recently met her blood sister? That'd be neat.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 153