Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216673 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1050 on: November 08, 2011, 04:49:28 pm »

I looked directly at that blackboard and consciously thought it had a similar design to the equestrian stained glass windows, but didn't see pinkie until it was pointed out.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 08, 2011, 05:03:16 pm »

Battle of the Hornburg, in the ravine of Hoof's Deep.

Braeburn: "I want every mare and strong colt able to bear arms, to be ready for battle by nightfall."
Braeburn: "We will cover the causeway and the gate from above. No army has ever breached the deeping wall or set foot inside the Hornburg."
Rainbow Dash: "This is no rabble of mindless zebras. These are the buffaloes. Their armor is thick and their shields broad."
Braeburn: "I have fought many wars, Miss Pegasus. I know how to defend my own keep."
Braeburn: "They will break upon this fortress like water on rock. Thunderhooves' hordes will pillage and burn, we've seen it before. Crops can be resown. Homes rebuilt. Within these walls, we will outlast them."
Twilight Sparkle: "They do not come to destroy Appleloosa's crops or homes. They come to destroy its people. Down to the last foal!"
Braeburn: "What would you have me do? Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance!"
Twilight Sparkle: "Send out messengers, my lord. You must call for aid."
Braeburn: "And who will come. Pegasi? Unicorns? We are not so lucky in our friends as you. The old alliances are dead."
Twilight Sparkle: "Celestia will answer."
Braeburn: "Celestia? Where was Celestia when the trains were raided? Where was Celestia when our enemies closed in around us!?
Braeburn: "Where was Cel — No, my Lady Twilight, we are alone."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 08, 2011, 05:25:55 pm »

All I'd want out of a Tolkien/Poni cross would be ponies singing his songs.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 08, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »

For anyone who cares, For Want of a Dawn chapters 9 and 10 are out!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 08, 2011, 05:36:25 pm »

I had a weird idea for a pony/avatar crossover (not avatar the cartoon, avatar the CG film from a while back). It'd be Equestria instead of Pandora, and the humans would be the same, but the blue aliens and all their culture stuff would be thrown out the window, so the story would be largely different. Too bad I'm terrible at writing.

Maybe I just want to see Applejack duke it out with Colonel Miles Quaritch. That would be awesome.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 08, 2011, 05:42:49 pm »

I'd still support the Colonel, if only because he's the only 'good' character in that Warhammer 40k film. I dislike the motivations for the techpriests joining the wannabe Tau, not to mention their lack of mechadendrites and other enhancements.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 08, 2011, 05:46:41 pm »

Christ, I'm just still angry the Tyranids and the Necrons didn't show up and duke it out. In fact, I'd rather watch that in 3D crikey-vision.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 08, 2011, 06:08:18 pm »

How good would that have been? Noone would have missed it.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 08, 2011, 06:13:14 pm »

I can't see anything beyond "Family/Friend death" to not go to see the Tyranids and the Necrons duking it out. Maybe Chaos could get involved.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 08, 2011, 06:22:32 pm »

We could then get the Space Marines in to reinforce the Imperial Guard outpost, too.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 08, 2011, 06:23:18 pm »

Everything is warhammer and ponies to you people :P

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 08, 2011, 06:23:56 pm »

Hey, is there a fanfic that introduces the Ponies as a 40k faction, not as the Imperium of Man? It must have been done.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 08, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »

Wait, in addition to the 40k stuff or as replacement for another faction.

Also, it's strange. I think most people who like ponies also like 40k.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 08, 2011, 06:26:28 pm »

Addition.

It is kinda odd, but considering the sheer amount of dark crossovers with other fiction, it's kinda odd how such a cute show can inspire such... Well, out of place writ-- HEY! Borderlands/MLP! MUST BE DONE NOW

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 08, 2011, 06:28:29 pm »

I'll go write one.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 153