Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216561 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1425 on: November 11, 2011, 09:13:14 pm »

Also, the Mareathon just started. See you there, maybe!
*first thing seen in the chat room is "that's AJ's fetish."*
*Second thing seen is a gif of Celestia's plot*

Yeah no.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 11, 2011, 09:14:31 pm »

Probably, yeah. Depends on how damp the area is.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: November 11, 2011, 09:14:57 pm »

Oh god, I really hope this doesn't turn into a grimdark fic with lots of gore. :(

Anyway, I felt that Pinkie's character wasn't very consistent throughout this episode. I can't quite pin it down, but that's just how I felt. Also, I'm a bit surprised that Jeremy was like "Yep, that's a human, a talking pink pony and a boy with pink hair. Nothing unusual here."
Tom is very amusing, though.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 11, 2011, 09:16:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I could do that, but as I mentioned some time ago I have an honest streak and don't like to even watch the episodes on Youtube where it seems that Hasbro doesn't want them up there.  Well, I watch Youtube Poop related to ponies, but that's a little different.

Besides, buying the episodes in a legit manner lends support to the show.  I haven't manned up to buy any of the other merchandise yet.  From what I understand the toys aren't for the bronies, and I can't think of where I could safely wear a pony shirt.  :)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 11, 2011, 09:17:13 pm »

Lastly, is the lone Kraenk still there, roaming the what-was-once-a watery tunnel preceding the back hall?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 11, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »

Well, we noticed the inconsistency too. Pin the snarkiness of Pinkie down to a long plane trip, a car trip through Poland and a stupidly obviously evil castle. She gets steadily more and more tired of the entire castle by the second.

Remember, Jeremy is British, and the universe he lives in is incredibly strange.

Kraenk: The little ol' guy is probably floating around somewhere in some damp room in the archive tunnels that hasn't been drained. Fniff does have a pet Kraenek-like thing named Howard, so they might get along fine.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 11, 2011, 09:21:42 pm »

I see you didn't answer my question whether this is gonna end up grimdark.
This... does not bode well. I am actually interested in this fanfic, but if it goes, well, places that are filled with blood, I would have to stop reading it. =(

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 11, 2011, 09:24:31 pm »

It won't, honestly.

We are looking for other writers/roleplayers, though... If you want, you can write a short thing explaining why your character is wandering around/squatting in Brennenberg, and we can link you to the doc...

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 11, 2011, 09:26:50 pm »

It won't, honestly.

We are looking for other writers/roleplayers, though... If you want, you can write a short thing explaining why your character is wandering around/squatting in Brennenberg, and we can link you to the doc...
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not really comfortable with writing, especially not in English. The last time I've written anything story-shaped was in a succession game about two years ago and I wasn't exactly happy with that.
I might try writing again, but don't hold your breath. ^^

Also, Necro910 says hello to his bros. BTW, he got muted for his Molestia joke. Which I didn't even see. What a shame.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 11, 2011, 09:29:34 pm »

By the way, ponies are on Earth so feel free to be a pony if you wish. As you may know, I'm sort of playing as Pinkie Pie. Who, by the way, was really cranky from having to take an uncomfortable plane-ride and an uncomfortable car-ride in vehicles still designed completely for humans.
Nothing important here, move along.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 11, 2011, 09:30:49 pm »

By the way, ponies are on Earth so feel free to be a pony if you wish. As you may know, I'm sort of playing as Pinkie Pie. Who, by the way, was really cranky from having to take an uncomfortable plane-ride and an uncomfortable car-ride in vehicles still designed completely for humans.

If you were Lyra, that would've been a different story.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 11, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »

Yeah, I could do that, but as I mentioned some time ago I have an honest streak and don't like to even watch the episodes on Youtube where it seems that Hasbro doesn't want them up there.  Well, I watch Youtube Poop related to ponies, but that's a little different.

Besides, buying the episodes in a legit manner lends support to the show.  I haven't manned up to buy any of the other merchandise yet.  From what I understand the toys aren't for the bronies, and I can't think of where I could safely wear a pony shirt.  :)

See, I'd buy a box set of Season 1 if it existed, and if I wasn't broke. Also, as I recall, all the takedowns of YT videos thusfar have been trolls, which is why there are still plenty of people with episodes up.

On the other hand, I've got a shirt from WeLoveFine, and another three on the way, so I am certainly supporting merch for bronies. And I wear them in public. On campus in a small, rural town in Kentucky.  :P

Unrelated, the synchtube playlist: Oh gog the comments...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 11, 2011, 09:37:47 pm »

If you were Lyra, that would've been a different story.

Lyra's probably bouncing around some human town having a field day. Bon Bon's probably trying to hunt her down and bring her home.

Derpy's probably just trying to figure out all the new addresses she's going to have to deliver to.

Slag may or may not be roaming around some African country having the time of his life hunting mercenaries, because everyone knows that the better they can defend themselves, the funner they are to kill. And the 'redemption' of protecting the 'innocent' from the 'evil guys' is just a bonus.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 11, 2011, 09:38:51 pm »

Scootaloo says 'hi'.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 11, 2011, 09:44:52 pm »

Having fun playing with the pony pic pack, I presume. Perfect, plenty of pretty creepy pictures to pass around.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 153