Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Circle of Magi I:T.R.o.M.;Chapter 3: Once a Saint ...  (Read 26351 times)

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic; Chapter 1: It Begins ..
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2011, 04:47:02 pm »

"Yes, but why not?"
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2011, 04:50:16 pm »

These pauses can be used to ask more questions just one. If you want to give me a list of questions to ask that would be much appreciated. Otherwise I will take I will take it as you only wanting to ask that question, and move onwards.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2011, 04:57:56 pm »

"What is an Artificer?"
"What's so special about this book anyway?"
"How many Magi are there?"
"What makes the nine magi who can become gods so special?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Circle of Magi I: The Rise of Magic; Chapter 1: It Begins ..
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2011, 05:34:48 pm »

"Why can I not tell anyone my book's name?" You ask him, and Newman gives you a cold look before replying "Anyone that knows the name of your book may tap into your magical powers, and use them as they wish to. If anyone knows your book's name they can use your own magic to destroy you, and others will simply believe your magic has backfired, and killed you." You look down at your book which lies on the table, the name in plain sight on its cover. As you scramble to hide it Newman begins to laugh, and doesn't stop for a while. After he finally stops laughing, and you give him an odd look he says "No one, but the owner, and others who already know its name may read the title of your book, so there is no need to worry about it."

With that said you tentatively place the book back on the table, and ask him a series of questions " "What is an Artificer? What's so special about this book anyway? How many Magi are there? What makes the nine magi who can become gods so special?" He looks at you for a minute, and flips his own book open, and then close a couple of times before replying. "Lets see your first question, an Artificer will be your companion for life, they are the only being you can ever truly trust as a Magi. Artificers take on many forms, and none are the same, but each is a reflection of your power. The stronger you are, the stronger the Artificer but keep in mind their power will flow with yours. You will gain your Artificer during the Exams in your first year at the Academy, but keep in mind the Academy is not impenetrable you will be safer there then elsewhere, but no matter where you go you will always be in danger."

He pauses to take a sip of tea before continuing "As to your second, and last questions you'll have to find out yourself, but I can answer your third. There are currently about five hundred fully trained Magi, and maybe three hundred students at the Academy. Now if that is all the questions you have its about time to leave. Is there anyone you want to talk to before leaving ?"

Spoiler: Book of Truth (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:42:12 pm by adwarf »

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Circle of Magi I: T.R.o.M.; Chapter 1: It Begins ..
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2011, 05:40:42 pm »

"No, I don't think so."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2011, 05:45:41 pm »

Do we have any friends, relatives outside our immediate family we need to say goodbye to?

Also, we should visit the local shrine (Since you know there is one) and pray for a safe journy, since that'd be something that someone would do at this point <.<
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2011, 05:47:07 pm »

Do we have any friends, relatives outside our immediate family we need to say goodbye to?
All of your friends, and other relatives have left to go to bigger cities. The country is currently at war, and the town has been slowly losing people as they move to safer places.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2011, 06:45:25 pm »

"I'll say goodbye to my parents, and visit the town shrine before we depart." You reply, and stand up, the sound of the chair scrapping against the floor is deafening compared to the silent thoughts of your mind as you leave the room. You spend about a half an hour gathering your things, and saying goodbye to your parents before setting out to the town shrine. When you arrived at the shrine you walked inside the light grey stone building, and bow before the altar that sits in the middle of the room 'Gods please give me guidance, and protection upon my journey.' you think, and look up at the ceiling of the shrine seeking an answer.

"They aren't going to give you an answer you know. The gods hate the Magi, but dare not to raise a hand against them as they fear it would start another war. You have been abandoned the moment you became a Magi." A voice says from behind you, and you jump turning around in a quick spin, but you see nothing. The voice speaks again, but you can't tell where it comes from "You are quite interesting I think I'll keep an eye on you for a while.", and with that you feel a heavy presence disappear. You walk out of the shrine mumbling "What the hell was that about?" Then you raise your head to the sky, and set off at a jog to the front entrance to the town.

After several minutes you arrive, and see Newman leaning on the wall of an abandoned house. "About time you got here. Lets get going." he says, and takes a step forward. As you come to stand beside him you hear him begin to talk in a language you don't understand, and you feel power begin to gather around you. Before you can say anything to him you find yourself in a completely different place. In front of you lies a massive eight story building that made the forts you've seen seem like tine hovels. It was made out of a white stone of some sort, and the grounds were covered with intricate statues, benches, stone walkways, small covered areas, and flower beds.

Newman speaks, and you snap out of your trance "Welcome to the Academy. This place shall be your home over the coming years, and your sanctuary in times of need. Now lets go I am sure the Headmaster would like to meet you." With that he sets off towards the front entrance, and you follow, but your attention remains on your surroundings. As you look around you realize the Academy is not surrounded by any walls, nor do soldiers patrol its perimeter. It is simply the grounds, and the towering building that is the Academy. It is not long before you enter the building, and are hit with the full scale of the Academy's size.

Inside small groups, of what you assume to be the students, are walking about, or sitting in alcoves talking to each other. The entrance hall towers taking up three floors, and going on for what you can only guess to be half the building's actual size, but before you can go walking down through the hallway Newman steers you up a staircase you didn't notice was there. He leads you up to the top floor, and stops in front of a set of towering oak double doors.

"Here I must take my leave Katrin. May the Exiled God bless us with another meeting." Newman said, and before you could say anything he was gone, and you were alone standing in front of those foreboding doors. 'Should I go in? Should I knock? Or should I wait?" you ask yourself as you start to pace back, and forth.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2011, 06:47:27 pm »

Dropkick.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2011, 06:48:43 pm »

Dropkick.
o.O Dropkick a set of oak double doors?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2011, 06:49:13 pm »

Well make sure they're slightly ajar first.

Also hell yeah dropkick the entrance to the school on your first day!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2011, 06:50:02 pm »

Well make sure they're slightly ajar first.

Also hell yeah dropkick the entrance to the school!
So, push the doors open slightly then dropkick them? XD

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2011, 06:50:26 pm »

Yes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2011, 06:55:41 pm »

Any who please forgive any spelling errors, my spell check doesn't always work at times, so I may miss things every now, and then. Also after the next three, or so updates you'll decide on a schedule that you will follow for three to five months as a time jump, since going through an entire year day by day would take forever, and it allows us to get to the story elements much faster.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2011, 07:39:11 pm »

You decide it would be best to push it open slightly, and dropkick the door open for a grand entrance, but as you go to open the doors they swing open, and a group of angry looking Magi come barging out, and knock you to the floor. You jump up, and got to hit the one that knocked you down, but you feel a hand on your shoulder restraining you. You turn to see who is doing it, and find a very old looking man holding on to you. "Who the ..." you begin to say, but are cut off by him "I'm the Headmaster now come in, and sit down. Its been a couple of months since we have gotten a new Magi to join the Academy, so this is quite exciting. The others are waiting inside." With that the Headmaster turns, and quickly walks into his office.

You turn, and follow him, but are surprised to see his office is relatively small, because most of it is taken up by bookshelves, loose paper, and piles of books on the ground. You carefully walk through a small space that seems to have been cleared to make a alleyway to the Headmaster's desk. Once you arrive you take a seat in a high back chair next to five other students. The one to your right is also a girl, she is about your height, brown hair, almond eyes, and, for some reason, pointed ears. The two sitting to your left seem to be twin boys, both have straw colored hair, and green eyes, though they seem to be about two heads shorter than you.

The last one sitting farthest away from the group is wearing a hood over their face, and you can't quite tell if its a guy, or a girl let alone their appearance. With your observations you turn to face the Headmaster, and find him holding a book, the writing on it shimers, and shakes, so you can't read it. Before you can stop yourself you blurt out "Is that your book Headmaster?" He looks at you, and breaks into a grin as he says "So Newman has already told you some of the rules young one. I expect nothing less from one of our top recruiters. Now to answer you, this is indeed my book, and by the looks of it yours is in your hand as well. For those of you that don't know one of the most important rules a Magi must follow is that they must never tell anyone the name of their Book. If someone else knows your Book's name then they can use your magical power, and your life force to use their magic. The only exception to this rule is your Artificer, which you will learn of later."

He takes a break to sip at a cup of tea, and take a deep breath before continuing "Of course the full rules will be taught in your first class tomorrow, that was simply one that had to be said. Now on to important matters. As you all know this country, Illlania, is currently at war. thus, this country being one ruled by the Magi we are its head protectors, and in time, I regret to say this, but I must, you will be called into action to fight. We are not at war with an other country, but with the demons that hunt us as their food. They are flocking to our country in great numbers, and some have begun to organize into an army like structure. This is the price we pay for our power, we shall forever be hunted, but we shall pay it willingly. Now we have that covered, I would like to say welcome to the Academy, and if you need any help just ask the staff."

With that he stood up, and placed his Book onto the table, before speaking again "Now it is time you go to your dormitory. have a good day." And with that you find yourself in a massive room with the the girl from before, the twins, and the hooded figure. The room is simple enough with a couple of tables, and chairs scattered about, and hallways to what you assume are your bedrooms. 'What should i do first? you think as you take a seat to think, and the others begin to wander off elsewhere.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:39:16 am by adwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18