Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 724883 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #8175 on: November 06, 2012, 05:59:27 pm »

My mom is under the impression if romney wins our food stamps are automatically cut.

Also, In the subway I over heard a few people, one of them said shes going to call up her republican friends and relatives and say "I heard your polling place is out of power, better npt vote. Too bad too". :P
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: November 06, 2012, 06:02:24 pm »

On the whole "Voting machine changes votes to the person I did not want to vote for" thing, I have heard it both ways, so I suspect there are just a few bad voting machines.  Personally, I think that voting should be done on a ballot and a machine should be allowed to do the counting, nothing more.  But then you get a Florida in 2000.

This is from 2008, but the message works.

And I can't find the clip, but as for the Florida 2k thing there's a bit in Futurama where Bender causes Bush to win by shooting a box full of Gore ballots.

Just thought I'd bring it up.

As for Al-Jazeera, I find it hard to believe any news station can really be unbiased. Al Jazeera's okay, but I want to rip my brain out when someone refers to RT as unbiased. RT is about as blatantly anti-American as you can get without saying "invade the US".

And that NYT "Paths to the WH" was rather striking. I doubt Obama will get Florida... but if he does, he only needs one more state to win. I think it's kind of funny.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:04:15 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8177 on: November 06, 2012, 06:03:16 pm »

My mom is under the impression if romney wins our food stamps are automatically cut.

Also, In the subway I over heard a few people, one of them said shes going to call up her republican friends and relatives and say "I heard your polling place is out of power, better npt vote. Too bad too". :P

I hate republicans who try to keep people from voting, and I hate democrats who try to keep people from voting.

Perhaps you should tell your friends to grow up.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: November 06, 2012, 06:07:32 pm »

What's RT?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8179 on: November 06, 2012, 06:09:30 pm »

What's RT?

Russia Today. The English edition of the Russian state-run newspaper. As you can expect from a state-run paper from Russia, it's not so friendly to the Western world.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8180 on: November 06, 2012, 06:09:52 pm »

Also, In the subway I over heard a few people, one of them said shes going to call up her republican friends and relatives and say "I heard your polling place is out of power, better npt vote. Too bad too". -

I hate republicans who try to keep people from voting, and I hate democrats who try to keep people from voting.

Again, random Obama supporters on the subway. I'm not allowed to around like a vigilante and punch people being dishonest.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8181 on: November 06, 2012, 06:12:07 pm »

Also, In the subway I over heard a few people, one of them said shes going to call up her republican friends and relatives and say "I heard your polling place is out of power, better npt vote. Too bad too". -

Again, random Obama supporters on the subway. I'm not allowed to around like a vigilante and punch people being dishonest.
That's just because you aren't MZ's timeclone.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8182 on: November 06, 2012, 06:12:15 pm »

The most important state in this cycle might be Florida, not Ohio.
It's worth more votes than Ohio, but I think the idea is that if Romney managed to win Ohio he'd probably manage to win some of the other swing states too.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8183 on: November 06, 2012, 06:14:45 pm »

It is the beginning...of the end (of the campaign).

Results are starting to trickle in from Kentucky and Indiana.

BBC results for those who missed the link.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8184 on: November 06, 2012, 06:17:56 pm »

Trollheiming, let's make a bet. If Romney win, I'll sport a pro-romney avatar for the next year, if Obama win, I4ll choose a pro-Obama avatar for ya. How does it sound?

Kon, the offer is open to you too.

The early voting reports from Ohio were good. Obama has been berating his supporters to vote early and the percentages of early votes from Dem and Rep counties are tied, as of their release this morning. When Obama won in 2008, there was already an early voting lead that McCain steadily chipped away at on election day itself.

None of the assumptions based on 2008 are going to stand up in 2012. This is a tight race based on all those assumptions. In reality, I'm calling it a big surge to Romney, and avatars fall where they may. See, one offer and two takers.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8185 on: November 06, 2012, 06:21:14 pm »

Sure, let's throw this in the ring. Trollheiming, you and Sheb can do your bet... Where's our Kon? I'll make the same sort of bet with you, Kon.

If Romney wins, I'll wear a Romney avatar for a month, (no way I'm switching my face to ANYTHING for longer than that), and if Obama wins you'll do the same with an Obama avatar - where it one month, this board, as your only avatar.

Trollheiming, does that mean you accepted the bet, btw? This is going to be fun. ^_^

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8186 on: November 06, 2012, 06:25:24 pm »

Also, In the subway I over heard a few people, one of them said shes going to call up her republican friends and relatives and say "I heard your polling place is out of power, better npt vote. Too bad too".

That's just because you aren't MZ's timeclone.
I'm am Loud Wispers though, but he's Not capable of punching people in NYC.

I'll throw my hat in the ring. Romney avatar for a month. Get quotes to make sure there isn't any shenanigans.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8187 on: November 06, 2012, 06:26:18 pm »

I'll throw my hat in the ring. Romney avatar for a month. Get quotes to make sure there isn't any shenanigans.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #8188 on: November 06, 2012, 06:26:23 pm »

Obama might actually win Florida.

I live in the conservative panhandle, and locally Obama is ahead 49.5% to 49.1% so far.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #8189 on: November 06, 2012, 06:28:48 pm »

$50 says this is a pretty solid Obama victory, but not as solid as 2008.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 [546] 547 548 ... 714