Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 714

Author Topic: American Election Megathread - It's Over  (Read 721323 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread
« Reply #1215 on: January 26, 2012, 04:07:45 pm »

Speaking of debates... please please please please please let this happen. OK, so practically impossible, but a man can dream...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 26, 2012, 04:14:43 pm »

Personally, I'm ready to see some "South Korean legislature"-caliber brawling. The whole political theater aspect of it is starting to look like reality TV anyways, why not toss in some situational conficts which have been utterly engineered to explode in everyone's face?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 26, 2012, 07:04:23 pm »

Personally, I'm ready to see some "South Korean legislature"-caliber brawling. The whole political theater aspect of it is starting to look like reality TV anyways, why not toss in some situational conficts which have been utterly engineered to explode in everyone's face?

Sadly there are very few US politicians I really see having the guts to stand their ground and throw hands (and chairs) like the Koreans, they talk a good fight, but I think if it came down to actual fisticuffs im fairly sure the shouting would all be 'SECURITY' and 'DONT HIT ME OR ILL SUE' rather than 'CMON THEN HAVE A REAL GO YA WUSS'
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 26, 2012, 07:36:33 pm »

Yeah, not having politicians behave as kindergarten babies is really sad.
Love, scriver~

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1219 on: January 26, 2012, 07:43:02 pm »

Dunno, I'd love a good fight once every bluemoon in the Folketing. Them Asians have something on the right here I feel.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 26, 2012, 07:53:42 pm »

Remember: If Congress regularly broke out into inter-congressmen fistfights we wouldn't have as many set-in-their-ways-three-fourths-senile-utterly-disconnected morons able to hold seats. Age brings frailty.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 26, 2012, 08:19:07 pm »

Oh dear oh dear.
Thursday afternoon, the LA Times reported that Romney’s tax returns listed 23 funds and partnerships that did not appear on Mitt Romney’s personal financial statements — the disclosure forms candidates are required by federal law to file with the Federal Elections Commission. Romney filed his disclosure forms in August 2011. The timing of this revelation couldn’t be worse. Hours before a GOP debate and days before the crucial Florida primary, Democrats now have new fodder for demanding additional tax return information from the Romney campaign.
Lying to the FEC is crime, but proving that Romney decided to purposefully omit the information (if he did) would be a pretty high burden to meet. There’s been nothing to indicate so far that Romney did anything more than make a mistake on a complicated government form. But if Roussell’s allegations are correct — and it’s proven that the omission of offshore accounts and investments, as well as investments connected to Bain Capital were left off purposefully, for political reasons — then Romney is in trouble legally. Obviously that’s a big “if.”

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 26, 2012, 08:38:54 pm »

The debate tonight is fascinating
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1223 on: January 26, 2012, 08:48:45 pm »

Holy crap. Santorum has the most sane tax perspective of all the republicans. I mean, it isn't going to balance the budget, but it is more sane than anyone else. I never thought there was something where Santorum would be least bad.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 26, 2012, 09:05:19 pm »

Education and welfare. He's less bad than the rest of them.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 26, 2012, 09:07:55 pm »

Education and welfare. He's less bad than the rest of them.
No he isn't. Read his social policy. If you are not sufficiently abhorred at the idea of Santorum being President after that, read it again. And again. And again.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 26, 2012, 09:11:15 pm »

I meant in terms of education and welfare he was less bad. Yes, otherwise he's horrible.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1227 on: January 26, 2012, 09:34:19 pm »

Newt Gingrich promises moon base by the end of his second term.

Sane people: "Let's fix the country."

Newt: "TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 26, 2012, 09:41:25 pm »

Alright, I like space exploration as much as the next liberal nerd on the internet, but a moon base in eight years is totally unfeasible. Just return meaningful funding to NASA and let them do what they think is best.
No Gods, No Masters.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1229 on: January 26, 2012, 09:46:49 pm »

Alright, I like space exploration as much as the next liberal nerd on the internet, but a moon base in eight years is totally unfeasible. Just return meaningful funding to NASA and let them do what they think is best.
Not to mention the whole "doesn't even have ONE term" thing.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 714