Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 243

Author Topic: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.  (Read 362082 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FTL - Faster than light - spaceship crew management and roguelike.
« Reply #540 on: September 17, 2012, 05:06:36 pm »

So, anyone been able to figure out for me yet if you can have more than one teleporter?

I also hear there's a ship with a four-space teleporter as well, probably the mantis B or something else I haven't unlocked and will be difficult to get.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 17, 2012, 05:06:40 pm »

...How is that even possible.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 17, 2012, 05:08:16 pm »

Can I just say, MAN this game looks amazing. Curse this blasted move and it draining my budget for the next couple of months. Maybe I can convince some family to provide Steam Cash for a christmas present. How long does a single playthrough take? Honestly, with my minimal amount of free time, I'd prefer quicker games. Spelunky is great for that, for example.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 17, 2012, 05:09:42 pm »

I also hear there's a ship with a four-space teleporter as well, probably the mantis B or something else I haven't unlocked and will be difficult to get.

Man, that would be so cool in combo with the firebomb and rockmen.  Toss a firebomb into the weapons room, port over 4 rockmen and laugh as the enemy cries uncle.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 17, 2012, 05:10:09 pm »

Single game of FTL takes from one to two hours, at least for me.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 17, 2012, 05:11:06 pm »

Mantis B and Crystal B

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 17, 2012, 05:12:48 pm »

Single game of FTL takes from one to two hours, at least for me.
Awesome, it'd be nice to actually finish a game of something :p Deffinitly up there on the christmas list. Maybe if I make puppy-eyes at the wife... :p

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 17, 2012, 05:14:15 pm »

Nine hells, unlocking the Mantis ship is borderline impossible. Not only does the RNG have a habit of completely screwing you out of Manti (Teleporters are relatively easy to find, but good luck finding a store that actually sells the bloody bug.) Not to mention that even if you meet all the prerequesites, you can still be royally screwed if the Mantis homeworld doesn't appear in the first place. Not being able to see sectors further than a jump ahead of you is a pain, especially when the red sectors are divided into two mutually exclusive trees you need to choose between right at the first sector jump.

Edit: Not to mention when you actually get to the sector with all the prerequesites... and still don't find the damn event.

All my hate. All of it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 05:50:04 pm by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Kastrol Aslaasri

• Bay Watcher
  • Endut! Hoch Hech!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 17, 2012, 06:25:50 pm »

Yay!
I won on easy, 6 hours played, only 3 ships unlocked. Great game ,so addictive.
She was also sad that her father's corpse was rotting in his bedroom, but that's a minor inconvenience.
I love this game so much.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 17, 2012, 06:30:50 pm »

Nine hells, unlocking the Mantis ship is borderline impossible. Not only does the RNG have a habit of completely screwing you out of Manti (Teleporters are relatively easy to find, but good luck finding a store that actually sells the bloody bug.) Not to mention that even if you meet all the prerequesites, you can still be royally screwed if the Mantis homeworld doesn't appear in the first place. Not being able to see sectors further than a jump ahead of you is a pain, especially when the red sectors are divided into two mutually exclusive trees you need to choose between right at the first sector jump.

Edit: Not to mention when you actually get to the sector with all the prerequesites... and still don't find the damn event.

All my hate. All of it.

Save scum and go through every branch of sectors? You could also go with one of the ships that has a mantis to start with, like the Red Tail.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 17, 2012, 07:16:26 pm »

Save scum and go through every branch of sectors? You could also go with one of the ships that has a mantis to start with, like the Red Tail.
People have mentioned this before. Where is the save file? The game deletes your saves and will not make new ones until you quit (lost my second game to an overheated processor. IRL, I mean- I really need to get my cooler cleaned. That sucked.), so the LCS method doesn't work.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 17, 2012, 07:27:46 pm »

How to die within the first five minutes:

It took longer to capture the picture and upload it than for me to meet this end.

I had the same thing happen when I tried to rescue a strange man from a cave.  Sigh.

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 17, 2012, 08:04:30 pm »

Where is the save file? The game deletes your saves and will not make new ones until you quit (lost my second game to an overheated processor. IRL, I mean- I really need to get my cooler cleaned. That sucked.), so the LCS method doesn't work.

If you know enough to say that it deletes, then you obviously know the right folder. So exit the game, RAR the save file, and load the game again. Know you have a fallback copy.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 17, 2012, 08:56:38 pm »

Where is the save file? The game deletes your saves and will not make new ones until you quit (lost my second game to an overheated processor. IRL, I mean- I really need to get my cooler cleaned. That sucked.), so the LCS method doesn't work.

If you know enough to say that it deletes, then you obviously know the right folder. So exit the game, RAR the save file, and load the game again. Know you have a fallback copy.

The saves are only a few kb's. Why rar? Just copy.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 17, 2012, 09:10:14 pm »

Ugh, found the crystaline stasis pod, except the zoltan homeworlds aren't even on the same path it was. Sometimes the game just decides to screw you over.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to face off with the boss at the last map. Everytime I try to get closer i get attacked by other rebel ships, then fall back for repairs but it ends up reaching the base even though it was at least one star away from it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 243