Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Roll to Screw up History Turn 1: Failbellions and esaily scared locals.  (Read 4114 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile

You feel the warm tingling of the time beam fade as you step out of the hut you were beamed to. You take your first steps into the medieval village with the sun glinting off your armor. You have been sent here Gneneri Corp to destroy this village and castle. You are equipped with a mini gun and naplam launcher with enough ammo to win WWII by yourselves, armor that hightens you bodies capiblties up to demigod levles, twenty High Explosive bombs with enough ordance to blow a normal sized house sky high, 10 drop beacons that will alert the timeship floating above to fire some of its payload down to earth and 10 medpacks each. Generi Corp wants you to destroy this villge because it will be the site of a factory of our rival Bigbusiness inc. You also have a secondary objective to block off the river near by  with any means nescarry. In the future downstream farms that support a city that is controlled by our rivals will cease to exist. Do this secondary objective and survive to next mission and you will be gifted some viechels.

As you can probably tell this is any RTD about fucking up time and shit. This is only my second RTD (anyone rember my Minecraft one?) so don't expect Serious Concreate levels of detial and spelling. Also keep in mind that I am doing this mostly on my Kindle, with maybe one or two actual computer turns down the line. With that out of the way Here's how to sign up: post your charcters name, geneder and maybe a backstory. I will be taking up to 6 charcters. Comments and cirticsims are accpeted and apperctied.

Charcters:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:15:24 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Screw up History
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 11:38:33 pm »

Name: Steve Smith
Back story: Steve's dream of being a history professor was torn apart by numerous universities and even high schools with his "questionable psyche" and "complete lack of any historical knowledge" being cited as reasons not to give him the job and even have him locked away in an institution.   

Steve decided to undergo military training and genetic experiments turning him into a super soldier capable of changing history into a version more in keeping with how he thinks it should be. If his version of history wasn't correct then he was going to make it so.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:39:42 pm »

accpeted! First player get!

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:04:26 am »

Can I reserve a spot until I get home today? Don't like tons of typing on my phone.
A gem-encrusted sock is perfect for ass-kicking.

lopocozo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 05:31:11 pm »

Name: Jace Lomberde
Backstory: A former generi corp employee, Jace was chosen for his impeccable ass-kissing skills, though he really isn't that qualified for mass-murder.
Generation 12 The First time you see this copy it into your sig and add one. Social experiment.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 05:40:28 pm »

Name:Harvey Foul
Profession:Ex-Judge
Backstory:After he won the lotto, he spends most of his time twidling his thumbs and brushing up on history...
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 06:38:54 pm »

All accpeted!

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 10:53:22 pm »

Name: Quintus Titurius Verus
Profession: Roman Military commander stolen from the Roman Era by the modern day government by use of a time machine. Skilled in the sword, shield, bow, but only has basic firearms training. Great at inspiring moral and courage in nearby allies, and is fearless in battle himself.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 11:05:10 pm »

Only two more needed for game start. we could start with five with the sixth one under the guise as knocked out by the travel.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 11:24:39 pm »

Name: Alexis Schrödinger
Profession: Mad Scientist
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 11:25:11 pm »

Name: Richard Adams
Profession: Augmented Spec-ops Agent
Back story: After a fire destroyed his place-of-work, the majority of his body was replaced with cybernetic augmentations. He then joined the military as a Special-Ops operative.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 11:29:52 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 11:57:53 pm »

I will be honest, I've never played this kind of forum game before. But I'm pretty smart. It shouldn't be too hard for me to pick up. Just remind me if I'm doing something wrong.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Screw up History Turn 0: Arrival and start
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 11:58:41 pm »

You all check you gear and equipment and look out at the village infront of you. to the north the castle rest upon the hill, sourrnded by  then manor houses of well to do landowners. A dirt road snakes through the manors and continues down the hill until it becomes the main, and only, street of the village. The tavern, blacksmith, general store and one or two specalized stores line the main street, eventually giving out into small houses and then into huts. After the huts a tall wooden wall rises, the only entrance being a well defended gate made out of stone. A side path off the road leads to the river and a bridge across it. It appears that a much larger stone bridge is being built and all manner of constructin materials line the banks.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 12:20:13 am »

Kick down the door of the tavern and unleash hot fury. (Napalm launcher)

Darkfyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 01:52:59 am »

"Woah woah woah," I say grabbing Steve's shoulder. "We shouldn't be so quick to anger the locals. How about a round of drinks on me instead while we figure things out? We can blow them up after we find out any useful information." (Motions toward the door of the tavern)

((What exactly do we all have in our inventory each btw))
Pages: [1] 2