Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 853797 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8415 on: December 06, 2020, 11:42:18 pm »

I miss people and, not unrelated, I am bored

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: December 07, 2020, 12:21:57 am »

We’re people, also there is YouTube

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: December 07, 2020, 12:22:57 am »

I am not 100% certain I am a people.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: December 07, 2020, 12:35:58 am »

Usually human and person are considered synonyms, you’d know if you’re human, right?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: December 07, 2020, 12:45:15 am »

I can neither confirm nor deny that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: December 07, 2020, 07:05:37 am »

I got this new brand of baked beans because I literally bought so many cans of a brand of baked beans that the general store (which I know I shouldn't be going to due to price gouging, but it's either this or a 6 kilometer cycle to the big-ass store, one-way) ran out of those. So I'm eating these, and all I can think of is "wait, did they burn these?".

Seriously, it's like someone in the factory went "Ah, shit, boss, we put the beans in too long", and the boss was like "Just throw 'em in, no-one's gonna notice". It's, like, mildly burnt, and it just tastes nasty to me. The beans look fine, but that taste... how?

The worst part? I have 4 cans of these things in storage. If they all taste the same, I'm throwing these out and eating all eggs for dinner. Fuck it, I have 84 eggs (they're on the small side, but still), I can go for a week on eggs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: December 07, 2020, 07:08:48 am »

Canned baked beans usually have a smoke flavor that I don't like. Is it like that?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: December 07, 2020, 07:22:05 am »

Yeah, smoked. Look, I like smoked meat, but beans? Completely unexpected, and I now have to say "thanks, I hate it" to whoever made this. I didn't think I could hate something as simple as baked-fucking-beans, but the people over at... TST (there's an immature joke in there) have done it. If they did intentionally smoke these, there's no indication of that. All I see is "BAKED BEANS" on the can.

Rust_Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Click signature for DF Procedural Portraits!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: December 08, 2020, 02:37:43 am »

(I'm new to Reddit)

A post that I made there promoting Dwarf Vision (gathered a good amount off upvotes) got removed, even thou I read the rules before and there was no mention that there would be any problem to post (like on other subreddits).
That made me lose some belief in rules and institutions. Where is this world heading to?
DWARF VISION - REALTIME IN-GAME DF PORTRAIT GENERATOR

Every little bit of your help on our Patreon GREATLY fuels our energy to further develop DWARF VISION !

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: December 08, 2020, 05:14:31 pm »

Which subreddit was this? Different ones have different rules.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: December 08, 2020, 05:37:31 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:08:04 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rust_Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • Click signature for DF Procedural Portraits!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: December 09, 2020, 02:32:35 am »

Which subreddit was this? Different ones have different rules.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ImaginaryElves/comments/k96s5h/elf_concept_art_by_aqua_oc/

This one - they later allowed me to repost. They removed it by mistake thinking it was an OC post, showing a portrait that was just made with some random generator (low effort art display)
I sort of got their confusion, but if they have read my comment, they would have understood that the art was indeed created by the OP. Anyway, no harm done I guess, was just surprised.
After repost, I think I received some downvotes from people that previously upvoted, but thought I just wanted to make a double post.

i been a bit more active for two days and I feel thoroughly pissed it wasn't even something or somebody in particular but nothing ever just works and I'm super cranky

Yes, we are very in tune with our subconscious or body, sometimes without knowing. Mind and body often influences one-another.
I don't know what your situation is, but here are some things that work for me:

- try to  sleep at decent hours
- do some push-ups or do some exercise running (some minimum sports does wonders for the mind)
- read some actual physical books (no screen-reading) some 10-15 minutes per day, in a short pauses ( you can increase later if you like it )
- try to steer clear of energy drinks/coke, heavy sweets and such
- if within your power, try to do less stress-inducing-activities. This can even be certain games you're used to play. You know better what they are.
- get fresh air, go for a stroll

Maybe not all are do-able or relevant for you, but at least some might make things better. Give them a try!

DWARF VISION - REALTIME IN-GAME DF PORTRAIT GENERATOR

Every little bit of your help on our Patreon GREATLY fuels our energy to further develop DWARF VISION !

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: December 09, 2020, 09:47:37 pm »

I feel like I have not much in common with my friends and no close friends.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: December 12, 2020, 06:04:57 pm »

I am considering cancelling my ongoing appointments with my current therapist.

I'm not looking forward to finding another one, though.  Seems like a weekly check is more important to them.  Most of them don't understand ASD outside of maybe a day's lecture at college or a chapter of a book they read, and they aren't willing to expand beyond that.  They think depression means half of what I say isn't true even if I could prove it with actual facts or sources.  So much advice they want to give is so useless because we don't live in boomer-land anymore but they don't want to hear that.  Even if half my problems are caused by societal issues they think pills will solve them, even when psychiatry has proven itself to be nothing but trouble and borderline pseudoscience.

I've been through at least five by now and I'm starting to think its folly to expect anything better from these people.  My current therapist tried to sell me on how being autistic is a "blessing" (its literally never been good) and how being obsessed with board games is supposed to be useful, even though 30 minutes ago I told her my collection collects dust and wastes space because I never have people to play with and most games I'd play are too complex anyway.  Then I had to explain to her how having fun via board games is largely pointless when I couldn't afford a roof over my head, apparently the hierarchy of needs is something that needs explaining to alleged psychology graduates.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: December 18, 2020, 06:05:59 am »

I bought cans of sardines without realizing that some of them don't have pull tabs. And I chose to try to eat one without a pull tab. I don't have a can opener. Fuck. I'm so tempted to go full caveman style on this can to get it to open.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 06:07:47 am by methylatedspirit »
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 777