Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron - Starborn Dominion  (Read 58489 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron - Starborn Dominion
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 03:56:32 pm »

This is odd. When I try to join the shell empire, I join it and stuff, and I get this picture of this lizard-like creature. So I'm like okay, and click the button that says: 'Enter Hazeron', but then it just shows this streak of red with something at the end or whatever it is and then the program closes itself. Any help?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 03:59:38 pm »

This is odd. When I try to join the shell empire, I join it and stuff, and I get this picture of this lizard-like creature. So I'm like okay, and click the button that says: 'Enter Hazeron', but then it just shows this streak of red with something at the end or whatever it is and then the program closes itself. Any help?
The servers went down again. Try back in a few minutes.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 04:03:34 pm »

I'll get you guys when the server is back up.

And Naxza, i have a capital picked out but havent had a chance to build it up yet. We had a slight goof where I didnt realize a guy was a diff race (wasnt paying attention) and he settled the one I was going to mark as capital since he wanted to help build it up, but theres another habitable (albeit with an exotic atmosphere) in the same system that we can use as capital. That way no monsters! Just wear your space suit :D

Wow whatever they did seems to have made the game highly unstable. Either that or they're doing a series of shutdowns for some strange reason. I havent seen a single crash up till now, but after that little fix thing they did its been crashing constantly.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:34:16 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 04:57:42 pm »

Well, I guess we'll just have to keep trying. I hope it gets fixed soon, though. This looks very interesting. By the way, is the lizard-type animal the empires creature/race/whatever?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2011, 05:32:41 pm »

Yea, the 4 legged 4 armed lizard is our race. I whipped it up the other day, wanted something different.

Server seems stable now (I hope). Lemme know when you're ready to join.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:34:45 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 05:57:34 pm »

Posting to follow.

I plan on joining the Empire as soon as I get my desktop back.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2011, 06:05:35 pm »

Very good idea, Paul, of making the shell empire btw.
'm joining it at this very moment.

I'm not sure if I'm going to play for long today, let's see :)

--
Also, do we have IRC or something?
--
ME STILL HAS LAGS <pissed>
And:
89 Players Online
:O
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:13:24 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2011, 07:03:47 pm »

Posting to follow.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2011, 07:14:53 pm »

I loaded it up again and 'Entered Hazeron', and I soon was staring at another Liztaur, but I was unable to move or anything like that. I could see people chatting at the top, so I kept my mouse on top of the icons to the left before finding the 'chat' icon and opening it. I typed in a few things, but it didn't seem like anything was working.

I was on the hail channel, and then I moved to the WOTC or something like it, and then a empire hail channel. But... I still couldn't move and I don't think anyone heard me despite typing in several things.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2011, 07:21:31 pm »

You may have the 'range' set incorrectly, i'm not sure how to describe it very well, but i believe close to the bottom left theres several buttons you can click, images of a planet, a planets orbit, a cube, and a galaxy.  If you had system range selected, or the planet orbit image, (semi-circle with brown dot on it), nobody heard you because nobody was in the solar system, you should set it to galaxy unless you want in-system privacy.

At any rate, back to why was posting here; ill be playing the game alot less, i was spending like entire days playing the game, and I dont like the idea of my doing that, so ill be cutting back alot to like an hour or two a day.  Also, if we are invaded or something crazy, i will likely notice it here and log in with my latest excessively heavily armed warship to help.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2011, 07:23:45 pm »

That's just bad lag, if you restart a few times it should work.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2011, 09:15:53 pm »

If someone is trying to join and you see Worst.Emperor.Ever. sitting around near the shell empire flag and need to get my attention (thats my other char) stab him in the face. I won't mind, and the noise of him being hit/dieing will alert me that I need to check that window for potential new recruits :D I try keep the char logged in to watch for people, but usually am playing the other guy actively so I don't check chat much on that one. Either that or run around near him, I might hear the footsteps.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2011, 09:36:11 pm »

You should drop off some bombs there for them.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 08:34:07 am »

*deletes everything but the town square from a small moon colony he was running an experiment with*  ...if you see a report with them screaming at you, don't mind it.  It should go away eventually.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2011, 08:50:26 am »

Quick Question: What exactly is new in SoH since the reset? Just random bugfixes and balancing, or is there actually good and new content released?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 50