Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970411 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #6525 on: February 08, 2014, 11:30:25 pm »

Internal consistency is still a thing, though, and you should at least try to apply it. :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: February 08, 2014, 11:30:33 pm »

That simply makes it sound like a rather poor attempt to shoehorn in crossovers with that trait.
Does it honestly matter that much?
Considering that void is a main part of the universe, yes. Because that raises the question of whether void created weapons also would shapeshift and whether by forcing it to adopt the form of an entity that would be Creation-linked, what would happen.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: February 08, 2014, 11:37:18 pm »

Don't expect Bethany and Keith to do anything anytime soon. They're going to have to wait it out seeing as NO ONE in the group has sufficient finances to pay for the cure. Short of Shys'm Caes taking pity and summoning a large quantity of antimatter, they won't be bale to afford the cure.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: February 08, 2014, 11:37:35 pm »

That simply makes it sound like a rather poor attempt to shoehorn in crossovers with that trait.
Does it honestly matter that much?
Considering that void is a main part of the universe, yes. Because that raises the question of whether void created weapons also would shapeshift and whether by forcing it to adopt the form of an entity that would be Creation-linked, what would happen.

The issue is, there is no consistency to the Void, except that it's inconsistent. it is wholly defined by the expectations and point of view of those there, to the point that the very fabric of what is changes on a constant basis, only held in stasis by the expectations and viewpoints of beings inside it.

Quite simply, simply by being in Creation, any substance of Void must either conform to the expectations of Creation or be expelled, which is why they must fit into some sort of pattern, the easiest being the conceptual narrative of living beings.

Think of them like the classes in Fate/Stay Night.

They have certain characteristics that they MUST follow to fit the archetype.

yes, they can ignore some features, but only insofar as they do not flaw the validity of the persona they've taken up, or else they are summarily exiled to whence they came.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: February 08, 2014, 11:38:20 pm »

That was fixed already. Healing spells.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: February 08, 2014, 11:38:44 pm »

Don't expect Bethany and Keith to do anything anytime soon. They're going to have to wait it out seeing as NO ONE in the group has sufficient finances to pay for the cure. Short of Shys'm Caes taking pity and summoning a large quantity of antimatter, they won't be bale to afford the cure.
Merlin healed them.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: February 08, 2014, 11:44:42 pm »

If the only consistency in the void is its inconsistency, then it should be consistently inconsistent, which it is not as certain factors within it are indeed consistent.

Did you two check with @Elf for who had the STD in the first place?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: February 08, 2014, 11:46:31 pm »

If the only consistency in the void is its inconsistency, then it should be consistently inconsistent, which it is not as certain factors within it are indeed consistent.

Excuse me? Which parts are those?"
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: February 08, 2014, 11:48:33 pm »

The fact that it is still a place where an external observer's perception distorts it which is perfectly consistent. If it were consistently inconsistent, wouldn't the influence of observers randomly vary? Or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Also, what happens if that perception forces a void entity into the form of something tied to Creation?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: February 08, 2014, 11:48:50 pm »

No human market. Some other entities do.

((Up to @Kj to define the economics of those fear entities.))
((... Why me?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: February 08, 2014, 11:49:14 pm »

That would require them to actually search up the lore. Otherwise, they wouldn't know.
Maybe they're fanabominations?
Iunno.

But that would require it to be inconsistently consistent, since even consistent inconsistency is a consistency.

Both.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: February 08, 2014, 11:49:58 pm »

...Um, is it strictly sexually transmitted? Or is this our cue to quarantine the party?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: February 08, 2014, 11:50:31 pm »

It was stated to be an STD. Keep Kyle away from both of them and we'll be good.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: February 08, 2014, 11:50:54 pm »

The fact that it is still a place where an external observer's perception distorts it which is perfectly consistent. If it were consistently inconsistent, wouldn't the influence of observers randomly vary? Or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Also, what happens if that perception forces a void entity into the form of something tied to Creation?

Usually? They roll with it, I mean they're constantly changing normally, not like the form's anything odd for them. And naturally, the Void has no consistent rules, eternally existing in all possible states at once, but the simple act of a being observing it causes those myriad possibilities to collapse into a single one that fits the intent and perception they bring with them.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: February 08, 2014, 11:53:03 pm »

Yeah, but STD's aren't necessarily only transmitted that way. Often they may be transmitted various other bodily fluids.

Usually? They roll with it, I mean they're constantly changing normally, not like the form's anything odd for them. And naturally, the Void has no consistent rules, eternally existing in all possible states at once, but the simple act of a being observing it causes those myriad possibilities to collapse into a single one that fits the intent and perception they bring with them.
...Is that basically quantum mechanics with extra solipsism?
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1030