Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796305 times)

MoreAxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.4 - ANOTHER POLL, YEAH!!!
« Reply #6390 on: August 19, 2012, 12:34:53 pm »

Doesn't really matter for me, my fortress has so much hematite I could use it as non-ecomonic. (but I don't, because that would be very silly)

Also, since we're at it, how can I make bloodsteel?

Ozfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: August 19, 2012, 12:43:13 pm »

This mod is amazing and I love it, but there's one major drawback... No unique leathers.  I would appreciate it if you could the generic leather thing an optional feature.  I loved being able to make fireproof leather out of magma snakes and stuff.  Also, who doesn't love a goblin leather wearing dwarf?

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: August 19, 2012, 01:46:05 pm »

Doesn't really matter for me, my fortress has so much hematite I could use it as non-ecomonic. (but I don't, because that would be very silly)

Also, since we're at it, how can I make bloodsteel?

So, you grab yourself some blood, some other stuff i dont remember, give that to one of your slaves minions lemmings dwarfs, let him go to the boneyard, and blob, you get some fine bloody steel for every killing blow you need to make :)

Urist McAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: August 19, 2012, 03:07:10 pm »

Meph, i gotta tell this...
As a not so available person, you're awfully available here =P
Yea, i know you're addicted to this, but we need you to hurry up and get done with the biking stuff so we can get new crazy stuff =D
Don't make me tell on you!!!
Keep up the genious work... Would love to see Toady getting some help from modders into the actual game... I know this is really not likely, but a man can dream!

Cromage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: August 19, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »

Yea, i know you're addicted to this, but we need you to hurry up and get done with the biking stuff so we can get new crazy stuff =D
Don't make me tell on you!!!
Keep up the genious work... Would love to see Toady getting some help from modders into the actual game... I know this is really not likely, but a man can dream!

I imagine the reason for that is that it's much easier to comment on a phone/netbook than it is to code.

Cromage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: August 19, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »

As far as I know, transformations use syndromes, and you have a chance that the pets/dwarfs don't inhale it. You have a pretty big chance that these reactions fail. the system is far from perfect, but at least it sort of works.

Hm, good to know. I'll keep trying; it would be nice if there were a way to tell failed reactions from successful ones.

One more question: I keep getting a crash bug. I've tried canceling jobs and disabling AND enabling all custom races/invaders in an attempt to isolate it, but no dice. It always happens at the same time, and "stdout.log" and "stderr.log" both seem to show nothing of interest. Is there a way I can get a crash report?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6396 on: August 19, 2012, 04:43:36 pm »

Yep. Zenerbufen has some RL problems, and I like to do polls, do some maintentance and so on. And the free wifi makes it easy for me. But no coding currently. Only support. And I would rather see Toady fix some modding related bugs and issues, then taking ideas from modders. I could do so much more with a few changes that benefit modders...

I imagine the reason for that is that it's much easier to comment on a phone/netbook than it is to code.
The entire mod has been written on a netbook, mostly in south/central-america. Just wait till you see what I can do with a real PC and a stable internet connection :P

@cromage: Have you pastured the needed pets on top of the workshop? And sorry about the crash, the only thing is the gamlog.txt and the errorlog.txt in the main df folder, but they rarely help.

@ozfer: no. There is a selection of leather, and you can make magma.proof leather from netherwood in the timberyard. The old leather were always the same, just different by name.

EDIT: Poll is going towards generic gem furniture and finished goods, while the workshops will probably be sorted in groups. Nearly 75%(because "do as you please" falls under the same) voted for generic gem items, and 52% say they want grouped workshops. With 23% saying do as you please. I have to say that the workshops are currently alphabetical, just because of the coding, but it is easy to regroup them, they will all go into one file in the end anyway.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:52:58 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: August 19, 2012, 07:05:15 pm »

Maybe you could reduce the requirements of the gemforge? It gets overlooked because it's easier to set up a metal industry, which is sad because those weapons are metal quality. Perhaps better. Maybe there could be a whole "Gem tech" Path for dwarves that overlooks metal entirely, mithril being a silver/gem alloy or something similar. IDK, just a few random ideas.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: August 20, 2012, 03:51:43 am »

That's not a bad idea. Gems are scarce enough as it is, you can't exactly equip dozens of soldiers with gem weapons and armor either way.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: August 20, 2012, 03:54:40 am »

Caravan embark profile doesn't work correctly for some reason...
By the looks of things the amounts are not fitting correctly...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

HandFullOfCheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: August 20, 2012, 05:03:07 am »

Something slightly off topic to the poll but hooks around to it. It's definitely possible that I'm missing it, but I would love to be able to make gem statues. Which would be awesome with making specific gem furniture because my idea was to make a statue lined corridor leading to my great magma temple of armok made from ruby (hur hur, blood god, ruby, sure is clever)

Seemed odd that you can make just about anything int he game now out of any material but no bueno on gem statues (again, maybe I just missed it somewhere)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: August 20, 2012, 05:07:26 am »

My other question musta got lost in the new posts, can anyone tell me how you smelt bifrost?  I got some rocks but cant find a workshop that handles them to make bars.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

HandFullOfCheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: August 20, 2012, 05:12:31 am »

Sorry for the double post but remembered something I've been wanting to ask. I play my fortress mode worlds with most the invaders and other races for the FUN but when I try to play a "normal" race in adventurer mode, I tend to just get slaughtered when I first start off by randomly coming across nightwings or something while trying to find geese or something to slaughter for weapon xp (since most the bandits tend to be creatures like minotauros, nightwings, spiderfiends, etc). Should I just make a world for an "easier" fort and adventuring? Or is there a good way to train/gear up that I'm maybe missing in adventurer mode?

MoreAxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: August 20, 2012, 05:48:56 am »

What language is the settings program written in? I could try to port it to Qt, which would make it essentially multiplatform. I would need to take a look at the source code though, don't want to promise something and then fail at it later.

Riun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: August 20, 2012, 05:55:31 am »

My other question musta got lost in the new posts, can anyone tell me how you smelt bifrost?  I got some rocks but cant find a workshop that handles them to make bars.

Unless it has been changed, there are direct reactions to make Weapons/Armors in the Creature research lab. You can not decide which weapon will be produced, but instead get a random one.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 749