Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Dwarvenization - DF Civilization. (Parallel Game) - PAUSED - Spots Still Open  (Read 7944 times)

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile

This will be a pure madness game. I'm in. :D

And as I'm mad today, I choose the Elven Forest Retreat Erenemo - Bellsroot, for the first world. I'm not sure on how I'll avoid to cut trees and build wooden stuff in the same time. But that's another problem for my future little bastards elves.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

ok, then sign me up as a human empire, i'll read the rules later today, and add my sugestions  ;D

This will be a pure madness game. I'm in. :D

And as I'm mad today, I choose the Elven Forest Retreat Erenemo - Bellsroot, for the first world. I'm not sure on how I'll avoid to cut trees and build wooden stuff in the same time. But that's another problem for my future little bastards elves.

non dwarven races will probably have to have mods and houserules, like humans could probably have big "quarry" workshops to make stones out of nothing, without  having to dig for it, and these could be houserulled to be built only on mountain areas or stone floors

EDIT: i like the third world, if it's picked, i'll lead the confidences of society into greatness, my second vote would go to the second world, where i'd rule the habitual union, and in the third, if that's the one picked, i''d lead the kingdom of washing
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:49:56 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Set my world 1 preference to Rungdevils.
I'm not going to choose my other alternatives until breadbocks does. I don't want to be too far away.

Also I've written up a simplified version for the rules.

1) Choose a race and a start location.

How?
First choose the race you want to be. Couldn't be simpler. To choose your start location click on the world maps hidden in the spoiler tags. At the side there a list of points of interest. There will be 4 cities of each race. Click them to zoom to their location on the map, after you have decided where you want to start post Your race and you start preferable start location for each world (Note: You don't have to choose one for all of the worlds.)

2) The Game (you lost it)

Challenges:
The game is split up into lots of small challenges. They take the form of building a fort and fulfilling certain criteria.
E.G Farm Challenge (Note: Not actual criteria)
20x20 of farm plot
Housing for 10 people
Irrigation system

Rewards:
Each time you complete a challenge you gain a resource. Every time you build anything you earn some civ points. These do not actuall do anything (verify) however they are a sort of score. So when the game ends whoever has the most civ points wins.
E.G The farm challenge grants you +2 food and +1 population
You can use these rewards to either:

A) Start more advanced challenges which require resources to start

or

B) Build and army (verify)

Warfare:
By the looks of things the you raise your army by training it in fort mode. (This would mean that once trained and deployed you can no longer train them.)
Also if you raise an army during a challenge but one of the tasks is that you have a certain population then you cannot include military dwarves as they will be removed from the fort when you leave.
E.G You need 15 dwarves.
You have 11 civilians and 4 military dwarves then if you leave the fort you fail the challenge.

Quick question:
If you raise a military in a fort but don't make it an army. (So you just leave it at the fort) Do you get more security points?
If so I would be more than happy to figure out a system of how much security points you get. (Based on numbers, experience and equipment)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:34:43 am by oidip »
Join the new Hermit Succession

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Hrm. The people requirements are seeming kinda mean. You really can't control the popcount in one year, or two. And to make things easier, don't cap a letter every few words. Makes things confusing.
Also, I'll take Cerulomoth - Bottletomb in world two, and Ejedade - Clobbernested
 in the third world.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:11:59 pm by breadbocks »
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) Choose a race and a start location.

How?
First choose the race you want to be. Couldn't be simpler. To choose your start location click on the world maps hidden in the spoiler tags. At the side there a list of points of interest. There will be 4 cities of each race. Click them to zoom to their location on the map, after you have decided where you want to start post Your race and you start preferable start location for each world (Note: You don't have to choose one for all of the worlds.)
Good point. I normally write things like rules when I am distracted or sleepy so they normally still look like a large amount. I would need to add the fact that by Picking a Nation from a world you are Voting for that world, all three means you don't care for the world while picking one or two puts it at a better chance of having that world as the first round. (So far World One is winning by one vote if oidip don't pick any other civs from the other worlds.) At 8 Players the world is picked so even if you don't pick anything for the other two worlds you still have time and a good selection of whats there to pick from...

2) The Game (you lost it)

Challenges:
The game is split up into lots of small challenges. They take the form of building a fort and fulfilling certain criteria.
E.G Farm Challenge (Note: Not actual criteria)
20x20 of farm plot
Housing for 10 people
Irrigation system
Also need to include Placement Rules and Region map rules.

Rewards:
Each time you complete a challenge you gain a resource. Every time you build anything you earn some civ points. These do not actuall do anything (verify) however they are a sort of score. So when the game ends whoever has the most civ points wins.
E.G The farm challenge grants you +2 food and +1 population
You can use these rewards to either:
Civ points are like the points you get from the game Settlers of Cattarn, They measure how well you played vs everyone else and depending on how many points you have you can win or lose by 1 point. Under the Civilization Challenge Rules spoiler in the second post, you can see a more clear description on what each point means and its basic use...

A) Start more advanced challenges which require resources to start

or

B) Build and army (verify)
Not doing Army first Round unless people want to Really REally REALLY want to. So Points will only be used to advance to more challenges and such...

Warfare:
By the looks of things the you raise your army by training it in fort mode. (This would mean that once trained and deployed you can no longer train them.)
Also if you raise an army during a challenge but one of the tasks is that you have a certain population then you cannot include military dwarves as they will be removed from the fort when you leave.
E.G You need 15 dwarves.
You have 11 civilians and 4 military dwarves then if you leave the fort you fail the challenge.
Its not like you could raise their levels after leaving them in FortMode anyway, but yes when a Soldier is conscripted into the Army they are removed from the Challenge Verification point, like you said, removing Military from the fort means they don't come into the count at the end. but like I said before, Military Arc isn't going to be used first round until I have a good look over it...

Quick question:
If you raise a military in a fort but don't make it an army. (So you just leave it at the fort) Do you get more security points?
If so I would be more than happy to figure out a system of how much security points you get. (Based on numbers, experience and equipment)
Most likely if its like a Town milita for a Village Challenge, it removes the requirements needed to pay for it, 1 Squad would equal 1 Security when you are attempting to Null that requirement. But you gain no extra Security for Beefing up the militia by another Squad or two. When the Army Arc comes along you might be able to put them into the Army but with only one year to raise them, they would be of the lowest ranks most like...

Hrm. The people requirements are seeming kinda mean. You really can't control the popcount in one year, or two. And to make things easier, don't cap a letter every few words. Makes things confusing.
The People Requirements are only for in the ones were you have extra years to do so in, but with the speed that Migrants come in the first year (unless you are extremely unlucky) you could easily reach 40pop in the first year. And if you don't reach it then you would need to take another year to do so, meaning you are penalized the 10% Civ points each year it takes... But taking an extra year might give you time to reach Bonus Civ Points which would give you a boost. Basicly you would lose 1 Civ Point/Year for nearly every challenge...

About the Capital Letters, its a habit I can't seem to break. I use them for when I feel the need to Point out or Emphasize words. Heck I don't even notice when I am doing it until someone points it out to me, until then it looks normal...

[/quote]
non dwarven races will probably have to have mods and houserules, like humans could probably have big "quarry" workshops to make stones out of nothing, without  having to dig for it, and these could be houserulled to be built only on mountain areas or stone floors
Correct, Non Dwarven Races will get mods, I think I have mentioned that 3 or so times in the first Post. Anyone can suggest ideas and mods that can be used, these can range from just Rewriting the Entry txt files, custom workshops or even a Full Body Mod to the game for that race alone...

Humans would most likely Strip Mine for when they need Stone to build, things like Walls IRL had the Humans Transport the Stone over great distance, but i think just having a Strip Mine nearby or being luck with the land layout that you can flatten a good bit of Hills to get the stone from it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait about if you got a security bonus like this:

Small Militia In every settlement     :5 Security
Medium Militia In every Settlement :10 Security
Large Milita etc etc.                    :15 Security
Small army in every settlement      :25 security

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

or a security penalty for not having one

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait about if you got a security bonus like this:

Small Militia In every settlement     :5 Security
Medium Militia In every Settlement :10 Security
Large Milita etc etc.                    :15 Security
Small army in every settlement      :25 security

A Garrison is two Full Squads of Warriors, that only gives you 5 Security...

Basicly the reason WHY you can't get Bonus Security from small Villages is cause they are villages. Meaning that you are trying to achieve a goal already with that village and to be asked to Staff a militia in every settlement is too much. I am not saying that this Idea might have no cause, but what I am saying is please look over what challenges there are already before you say something like this. As your example is not only Overpowered, but it also removes the need for Security that way...

Just a recap on what Security is used for, Security is used to Expand your Nation. There is a cost out of your security pool for each different settlement, basic ones only remove 1 Security while more advanced ones cost more. It is also used to Conquer extra Region maps to build your nation in. Building your security should be a Single Settlement goal, and thus, if anything, allowing the player to build a Militia to Negate the original cost is more then enough Bonus in the way of free settlements you are going to get...

Though if allowing that to happen, to build a Militia and negate the cost, it should be one or two full squads for each Security Point it costs, and increase the Goal Mark of the Security Building Challenges...

and in saying that,
or a security penalty for not having one
there is already one...

Have you guys even LOOKED at the Challenges???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right I'm with you now

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right I'm with you now
Perhaps there could be some 'City' sized places for Raising armies, Training Camp in which you have 5 years to raise as many Soldiers as you can. It would cost a good amount of Food, Taxes, Luxuries, Materials and even a bit of Security itself to start up (To sort out the Ruffians and Killers)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, We have a base ground of at least one civ per race going so I am gonna try starting the game....

We will be using World one seeing as there are 5 votes for it while the other 2 have 3 votes...

Players of NON Dwarven Races, please place ideas on Mods and Custom Workshops that you wish to use to make your Race more real to play. While the first round is more to see if this can be done, things may very will change in the next round if it comes to pass...

Ideas on Possible Mods and Custom Workshops found here...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63670.0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:03:27 pm by Neyvn »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Hmmmm. Goblins get new crafts (NSFW). Had to send that. Anyways, disable down stairs/ramps for humans, and give us picks. If that can be done. That way, we can access metal and stone for ourselves, but not deep stuff. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I do believe the worlds have already been genned. No new reactions if I recall, and no new workshops. Thoughts?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmmm. Goblins get new crafts (NSFW). Had to send that. Anyways, disable down stairs/ramps for humans, and give us picks. If that can be done. That way, we can access metal and stone for ourselves, but not deep stuff. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I do believe the worlds have already been genned. No new reactions if I recall, and no new workshops. Thoughts?
FACEPALM!!!!!!!!!!

Ah might need to regen worlds, I completely FORGOT!!!!

//Begins to swear in a state that would make even a Sailor Blush//

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can edit a genned world! Just go into the RAW's of the save file instead of the whole program!

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no idea what is going on.
It's just like the first time I played Civ
It's just like the first time I played DF

I  am not overly sure I approve of this unholy marriage of learning curves.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6