Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: ASOF (Game Thread) Day 1-Jao is useful  (Read 27724 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Fanfic Beyond the Stars
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2017, 05:37:06 pm »

"Grik, you are a wondrous and lovely being. If you can assist us in a any way, or us you, then yea, I would be pleased for your company."

Father Jao hoped Grik would not get eaten or otherwise horribly maimed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Behold the Plot Rock
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2017, 09:12:27 pm »

"Good to have it all back to normal. Now I got two sets of rememberin', so that's somethin'." Caern commented after being finally reunited with his missing bit of essence. He smacked his prosthetic biceps and stretched with a wide smile on his face. A thought made his smile falter, though. "I'm fine with visitin' that Aisha, but keep 'er away from me. You just don't disturb a sleepin' man, that's just manners."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Fanfic Beyond the Stars
« Reply #257 on: January 18, 2017, 05:26:52 am »

Father Jao couldn't but think that he wouldn't mind if she disturbed him while he was sleeping, but tried to suppress the thought and get on with things. Penty more fish in the multiplanar godparty seas, after all. Anyway.

"Grik, have you anything to eat? Salty and chewy would be nice. I feel like I haven't eaten in weeks after all that heroic fighting. Did you see me, by the way? I had to stop defeating the evil shadow beast for a few minutes because a god needed to talk to me, but it was otherwise rather impressive, I'm sure you'll agree."

When we finally set off, march up and down the column of adventurers, boosting their morale with regalements of wondrous stories and exquisitely tedious anecdotes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Considering their next move, the group seems to be getting back into the rhythm of battle-they've regained a good deal of their strength and recovered wits lost by the panic of being stranded, and the removal of the shadowy pall seems to have reinvigorated their spirits. As the fear fades, the old skills come easier to hand and mind...

Battle Victory!

Reward
+3 XP
Everyone gains 3 Feat Points and 9 Attribute Points!

Players
Spoiler: Anders N'thlei (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Emilia Reginleif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Father Jao Feng Ling (click to show/hide)

Combat Stats

Wen-Tsu
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jao
Emilia
Moubu
Anders
Caern
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:21:00 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2017, 10:34:38 am »

The fairy struck a pose, pointing dramatically in what she thought was the right direction.
"Let's be off!"

Set off!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Turning the page
« Reply #260 on: January 23, 2017, 12:20:06 pm »

Well, in retrospect, at least half the heroes seem reinvigorated by the removal of the shadowy pall. The rest are still regaining vigor.

Grik leads the party East, out of the haunted village that no one bothered to search for treasure-where the roar of the river is soon heard, growing louder and louder...he seems eager to move on with all of you. The sky is beginning to just glow with the mornings light, and the forest is coming alive with the sound of creaks, chirps and screeches...

Grik answers the inevitable questions about how they expect to travel up the river.

"The Lady of the River will offer us a boat, if we give a gift to her. She is, hmm, spirit? Or not? No one knows. Appeared a few years after stone fell...maybe she was trapped here, like you? She helps, however, does not speak much. Should be fine. All you must have small precious things she would want. Not just shiny coins, whatever is important to you...she will take something from everyone...a fair trade..."

While he is burping away, Wen-Tsu notices something the others do not, however...

<A butterfly with silver-white body, electric green antennae, and wings as wide as twice her handspan speckled with tiny black spots flutters nearby>

It hovers over her head momentarily, as if trying to get her attention, before winging off to the South-again pausing and beckoning...this wouldn't be entirely strange, as there are many odd insects in the jungle, but Wen-Tsu knows this one in particular is a Darkside-Moth. They only live on the moon, and they are rare even there. The full sun-light will actually cause them to sicken and die, so she knows this is very odd. VERY ODD! The green glow trails in the air...

Using the intellect she may or may not possess, Wen-Tsu might also conclude that this cannot be an illusion-since the shadows clearly use the spirits or consciousness of living beings to fashion the shadow mimics, and there are certainly no Darkside-Moths for them to capture here.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:23:10 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star once Fallen (Game Thread) Day 1-Opportunity Cost
« Reply #261 on: January 23, 2017, 03:24:06 pm »

Moubu looks down from where he was trying to clean part of his armor of the accumulated grime of a few days of moving though the jungle and battle as he marched towards the small frog man. Putting his right hand into his left as he tries to rub the mud off of it (thus making sure both hands had an equal coating) Moubu frowned.

"You say she will... Take something?" He grumbled. "I'm not sure I like the sounds of that. What method does she use to procure... What is important to us. What would that even mean?" The question growled out of his throat as a contemplative look flitted across his face.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 23, 2017, 03:39:50 pm »

"Um...she merely asks for things important to you.

I have often traded her some of my buried treasures, for example, or some of the knowledge I have gained-I will use this stone I showed you just now, to bargain my way up the river today. It is important to me, but her way is generally the quickest and safest way up the river...and yes, I have asked her the same question! What is valuable? If you have nothing but old stones, that are important to you, she will take one. All you consider valuable, she will take. Be careful what you offer! She takes, and does not give.

...It is not the value of a thing to her, you have to trade something valuable to you. The more it is worth to you, the further she can take you. Otherwise, I suppose you can walk!"

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 23, 2017, 04:53:12 pm »

Father Jao pondered.

"Does she like jokes? Or poetry? My best poems are probably what are most valuable - to me and the rest of the world, so probably to her too, to be quite frank. Hmm. And since we could die on this quest, my oeuvre runs the risk of becoming even more valuable. Hmm. Perhaps I should invest in myself so I can be rich when I'm dead - write down my best works and sell them, or futuresell them. Would she like some of my money? I don't really carry a great many things of material value, you see, being a religious type. And my knife is probably something I might die without. And my club is most likely the best weapon a good pacifist like myself can use, apart from my charm, of course. And wit. And again - I could give her my bow, because it is so valuable that without it I might not be able to catch anything to eat, and might die a horrific slow death of starvation. Does she like bows? What about clothes?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2017, 04:56:19 pm »

"Grik thinks she might take those things. He has told her stories for passage, but he doesn't remember telling them-she says sometimes when she takes a thing from you, she takes it from inside, so you have no memory of what you gave her. Since you gave the memory away."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 23, 2017, 05:15:05 pm »

"Arrgg! But! She can't take my jokes! Or my stories! They're all I have! Apart from these useless weapons and clothes that some backalley buttmunch sold me, and as useful as they are for missing the enemy with, they're kind of important. One day they may hit the enemy, and just then you wait. Goodness, why are gods so difficult? Is she a god, did you say? I shall offer her the one about the farmer and the cockerel, perhaps. It was my sister's favourite. One time when her suitor came to visit - when I was quite young, I have to say - I told the one about the farmer and the cockerel at the dinner table, and she laughed so hard she wet herself and fell off the table, knocking herself unconscious for three days! Mother was furious. And then, her suitor fell in love with her out of pity, and they married, and then mother was terribly pleased with me, actually, so it mostly worked out okay, although poor Merryne had a scar for the rest of her days, the eejit."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 23, 2017, 08:23:10 pm »

Wen-Tsu, disregarding the croaking talk of Mr Frog, stared at the moth with wonder.
How did-
Wait, that meant-

It must be!

She began to follow the moth, bouncing after the extraterrestrial insect with glee.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 24, 2017, 08:52:09 am »

"I'm not sure if I like the sound o' that. Takin' important things?" Caern pointed out. He hadn't brought much, after all. Sure, Grik said it worked so he could believe that, but it didn't mean he liked the prospect.

Before he could spend further time thinking about it, he noticed Wen-Tsu started moving away from the group. "Huh? When-Tzu?" he called.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 24, 2017, 09:16:15 am »

"I'm not sure if I like the sound o' that. Takin' important things?" Caern pointed out. He hadn't brought much, after all. Sure, Grik said it worked so he could believe that, but it didn't mean he liked the prospect.

Before he could spend further time thinking about it, he noticed Wen-Tsu started moving away from the group. "Huh? When-Tzu?" he called.

His head swivels to follow what Caern is looking at.

"Important depends on how far you want to go. If you give her less, she'll take you not as far. Depends how much you want to walk...and fight.

...Mmm! Grik sees tasty moth too! Enough to share!"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:55:18 am by Dwarmin »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 24, 2017, 09:39:54 am »

Moubu grumbled at this talk of taking things in a metaphysical sense, worry plain across his face, but he held back his comments and kept forward in a worried silence. That was, at least, until he noticed Wen-Tsu bouncing off into the jungle. "Hey!" Moubu shouted, his heavy eyebrows skyrocketing upwards. "Where are you going Wen?! Did you see something?" He asked, turning from the path and starting after her.

Considering how dangerous the jungle had proven so far, as Moubu crashed though the flora as he traveled after the rascally rabbit, part of his attention turned into on himself. Starting to breath heavier, as sweat started appearing on his skin. He started muttering to himself in a barely audible litany. "Karenti, who turned aside one thousand arrows... Mougou, who held the southern wall for three day... Kanki the bear, hero of the hills...." A stream of names and deeds, probably meaningless to anyone outside the Karthela as he started to pull in his tribal magic, overcharging his natural healing ability.

Start precasting Regeneration at PL:5. CR20-DA:7=13x6=78 Seconds.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:53:24 am by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23