Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 612239 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T109: GleeJoy!
« Reply #6990 on: February 11, 2015, 07:19:48 pm »

Azem stares off into the lower-case v void.

(5 bullets says the void stares back)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: February 11, 2015, 07:26:34 pm »

Azem stares off into the lower-case v void.

(5 bullets says the void stares back)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: February 11, 2015, 07:28:12 pm »

Ever since I've been manifest, the Council hasn't really done anything. I believe I first came to being during a time in which the Void was taking hold, and nothing was really done.
"Void worshippers were prevented from using magic and everyone else was given free access to it. It wasn't much when it came to fighting the Void but we don't know of any effective ways to do so anyway."

Then the Merman crisis. It seems we let him take a grand chunk of land, argued over what to do and eventually did nothing. Things calmed down for a while, and then he conquered more land, though not through martial means. We argued further, and settled on doing... nothing!
Again.

"There were several proposals made to stop the Merman Emperor and there are still two more which should help in that respect. Don't talk about the Council doing nothing - ESPECIALLY concerning the Merman - when you yourself can't be bothered to act. This goes for you too, Azem. Stop talking about how pathetic and useless the Council is considering you never take part in Council proposals unless it's to punish Fusil. It's no better than a moody teenager moaning about how "life is pain" when all he does is sit in his dark room cutting himself."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:29:44 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: February 11, 2015, 07:32:11 pm »

I didn't act because I had no need to act.

I proposed a few things to the Council that nobody was interested in, namely imprisoning the Merman Emperor and interrogating him. You wanted to kill him outright, and not find a damn thing out about his motivations, without considering the implications of what taking the head off the beast could do.

Presently his expansion is through non-violent means, however that works, so I'm uncertain of the necessity of taking decisive action at the moment.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: February 11, 2015, 07:42:29 pm »

"If we had no need to act then why are you complaining that we didn't?"

I proposed a few things to the Council that nobody was interested in, namely imprisoning the Merman Emperor and interrogating him. You wanted to kill him outright, and not find a damn thing out about his motivations, without considering the implications of what taking the head off the beast could do.
"I supported you in the proposal to imprison him as well as the one that would just kill him. I don't care about the potential, possible, imaginable implications that killing him might have, I'm only interested in giving him the punishment he deserves. THAT is definitive, unlike the maybes of what would happen after his dead. But considering that you're all so ok with his conquering and his slaughtering of civilians, perhaps I should do a little conquering myself? I'll build pantheons to appease you and rebuild the lands I've conquered if you want me to. I'll even throw in a little bonus by NOT killing civilians. Does that sound reasonable to everyone? Or perhaps I should do that last bit since you are all so ok with it that you might actually WANT me to do that!"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: February 11, 2015, 07:46:48 pm »

Azem coughs violently. The cough slowly turns into laugh.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: February 11, 2015, 08:21:02 pm »

"If we had no need to act then why are you complaining that we didn't?"

I, Malakath, I didn't have to act, because the Turonni were not affected. I'm complaining the Council didn't do anything because the next time the Turonni are affected, I'll be the only one dealing with it.

I thought making proposals through the Council would help the situation, but you were the only one to take notice.

"I supported you in the proposal to imprison him as well as the one that would just kill him. I don't care about the potential, possible, imaginable implications that killing him might have, I'm only interested in giving him the punishment he deserves. THAT is definitive, unlike the maybes of what would happen after his dead...

You did, but two votes does not a Council agreement make.

I like how you're so near-sighted Malakath, it probably means we have little to worry about in terms of any underhanded deals you may have. Perhaps you may even know how to survive the sun, and that's why you're becoming so belligerent?
Fortuna chuckles to himself I find that hard to believe though.

The reason why it would be better to figure out his motivations before we kill him, without trial even(!), is because it may fragment Merfolk society so much that we would then have three or four Merfolk factions to deal with, murdering their way through the land. I imagine that would be exponentially more difficult to deal with.

He may deserve death, he may just be someone else's pawn in a macabre game designed to examine our response to a threat. Any number of other things could happen, and taking the step to imprison him would at least let the rest of them know we don't take things like that sitting down. We may even be able to stop something similar happening in the future.

We did nothing, however. Now we just look ineffective. It's a wonder the conquered people still worship us.

...But considering that you're all so ok with his conquering and his slaughtering of civilians, perhaps I should do a little conquering myself? I'll build pantheons to appease you and rebuild the lands I've conquered if you want me to. I'll even throw in a little bonus by NOT killing civilians. Does that sound reasonable to everyone? Or perhaps I should do that last bit since you are all so ok with it that you might actually WANT me to do that!"

Please do. You're more annoying than Fusil, I'd love to throw you into the sun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: February 11, 2015, 08:35:54 pm »

I give the Tyrannis vine the ability to use their deceased comrades as a food source, meaning that it is essentially cannibal now. Tyrannis vines will now tend to grow in large clusters. They can now also grow outside of their native forests by sustaining themselves, and do so at a much faster rate.

I would suggest that we take care of problems by ourselves instead of waiting for the council to take action when it is obvious that none will be taken in time.
The mortals have probably all forgotten by now of the actions of the merman people, and so I believe taking action now would only serve to emphasize our Inefficiency and complete disconnection to their reality, which might impact negatively on the quality of our worship.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #6998 on: February 11, 2015, 08:41:32 pm »

The mortals have probably all forgotten by now of the actions of the merman people, and so I believe taking action now would only serve to emphasize our Inefficiency and complete disconnection to their reality, which might impact negatively on the quality of our worship.
The Merman emperor conquered within this generation of mortals, and he is immortal. I doubt the mortals have forgotten him at all.

And if you dislike Fusil, you could always just seal him forever...

Also, Malakath, consider us even. ;D

((Time slows down when the gods focus on events like a war, so that each tick could be a few days mortal time...))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: February 11, 2015, 08:56:55 pm »

Also, Malakath, consider us even. ;D
"Weren't we already even? What made you think we weren't? What made you think we are now?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: February 11, 2015, 09:08:43 pm »

The Merman emperor conquered within this generation of mortals, and he is immortal. I doubt the mortals have forgotten him at all.
((Time slows down when the gods focus on events like a war, so that each tick could be a few days mortal time...))

I will have to inform myself more before I give my opinion on subjects older than I am, but my point on public opinion still stands. Acting too late is worse that not acting at all in this case, so this is why I propose to lead the interrogation of the emperor myself. The fact that I was not there when it happened will be a good excuse for acting late. Just tell me what information I need to obtain and I will make sure it will be found.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: February 11, 2015, 09:12:42 pm »

"Find out why he did what he did, who sponsored him, and what powers he has."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: February 11, 2015, 09:25:13 pm »

You would trust the god of the Secrets to inform us of what is discovered? Not likely.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #7003 on: February 11, 2015, 09:25:38 pm »

Atropos hands Malakath some notes on the Emperor of Keshan.
The Emperor has the following most visible powers:
Nullification
Lack of soul
Charisma

Strengths: Strength
Weaknesses: Pride

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: February 11, 2015, 09:27:19 pm »

Fortuna sighs

At least someone is being pro-active in investigating the Emperor...

Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 475