Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956639 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #330 on: December 05, 2012, 12:24:31 am »

((Am I the only one who finds it massively confusing to keep track of who everyone is? :P))
((Nope. I find it very convenient when people talk in their color for that reason. :P))

"Busy!"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 05, 2012, 01:51:43 am »

Neat. Snap out of it/cancel the spell. Blink if need be. Garstopit the person trying to kill me. As much as I'd like to attempt to turn them into a mindslave, or see if we share pain, living is a priority.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 05, 2012, 03:00:26 am »

break out

fling GWP at Yarf

run away.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 05, 2012, 07:41:44 am »

"Elements! Elements everywhere! If I keep this up on this floor.... This could get tricky soon."

Genericia.

((Two questions, is there any way to regenerate pool faster? Most of the good spells need two or even three words to properly function, and waiting could get tedious in the long run. Which could just be encouraging one-word death sprees, like Garstopit over there.

And how much of the floor is filled with all that 6+1 element I've been dropping?

I think so far I've spawned:
Magma Cube
Stone Block
Ice Chunk
Mound of Silver

All of them five plus one or better, I think. Either way they're pretty sizable. Probably in the area of five to eight foot diameter, each.))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:33:10 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 05, 2012, 08:38:20 am »

((Two questions, is there any way to regenerate pool faster? Most of the good spells need two or even three to properly function, and waiting could get tedious in the long run. Which could just be encouraging one-word death sprees, like Garstopit over there.

((There probably is, somewhere in the book.  It's just a matter of finding out how to store pool safely without injecting your veins with magma or similar.  I'm curious as to what I did to my arm- storing magic power crossed my mind.  Hint:  I have no idea what I did to my arm- I used two unknown words.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 05, 2012, 10:39:26 am »

((Two questions, is there any way to regenerate pool faster? Most of the good spells need two or even three to properly function, and waiting could get tedious in the long run. Which could just be encouraging one-word death sprees, like Garstopit over there.

((There probably is, somewhere in the book.  It's just a matter of finding out how to store pool safely without injecting your veins with magma or similar.  I'm curious as to what I did to my arm- storing magic power crossed my mind.  Hint:  I have no idea what I did to my arm- I used two unknown words.))

((Good point. I hadn't thought of mana batteries. Admittedly, researching was actually why I wanted to get more pool. Just finding elements can be done with one word per turn, but almost everything else would take two words minimum. Just to keep it from being vague, or suicidal.))
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #336 on: December 05, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »

"Elements! Elements everywhere! If I keep this up on this floor.... This could get tricky soon."

Genericia.

((Two questions, is there any way to regenerate pool faster? Most of the good spells need two or even three words to properly function, and waiting could get tedious in the long run. Which could just be encouraging one-word death sprees, like Garstopit over there.

And how much of the floor is filled with all that 6+1 element I've been dropping?

I think so far I've spawned:
Magma Cube
Stone Block
Ice Chunk
Mound of Silver

All of them five plus one or better, I think. Either way they're pretty sizable. Probably in the area of five to eight foot diameter, each.))
[pot:1+1]
A few flecks of gold drift down from nowhere like Midas's dandruff.

(I've been putting off telling people of possibilities, but I suppose I can tell you a bit. There are combinations that would let refill your pool. There are ones that would increase the standard regen rate. There are ones that would let you steal magic from others. There are ones that let you make magic batteries (multiple forms of that). Ones that would let you stop someone's pool from regenerating too.  etc. As per all the crap around you, assume that if you haven't done anything with it after a few turns that it just goes away. For the sake of clutter control.)

Magic!
break out

fling GWP at Yarf

run away.

[adam dex:5]
[alga dex:4-1]

[adam str:2]
[adam end:3]
Adam struggles in vain to push the massive bulk of YURF off him, the paralyzed man's grip still pressing on  his throat like an iron Garrot. After several agonizing seconds of panicked prying he finally loses consciousness.

[alga pot:6]

Alga, despite her murderous intent and giant lightning death beam succeeds only in seriously menacing the wall on the other side of her level as her beam fires out directly in front of her.

And we have our first mindfuck spell.  Congratulations!

Blast.  I'll deal with this later- there's MAGIC to be done!

Magical plan SNARF!
"Ugh... darn rubber magic. I'd be better off trying to turn my whole body into lightning at this rate. Well, maybe it's time I do what the book says and kill someone to grow more powerful. It's not the nicest thing to do, but hey, it's me or them, right?"

Drag Jamie to the lightning-rod and throw him on it. If he snaps out of his paralysis, jam my rubber hand down his throat and blast him with Lightning.

"You two girls on the stairs want to help out? I could always use a few friends in a place like this. After all, five hands are better than one. Maybe the power will even split itself up for us. And if not, I'll be sure to protect you two with my life if I get it."
[thrakor dex:5+1]
[Lepus dex:3]

[Thrakor pot:1+1]
[Thrakor dex:2+1]

Thrakor runs to the edge of his level, carefully aims at jamie with his finger, and shouts his word. A toothpick sized shard of crystal materializes in front of Thrakor's finger and halfheartedly sort of fires toward Jamie, falling to the ground after flying a few feet.

[lepus str:3]

As Thrakor stares at his finger in confusion Lepus races around the edge of the second floor and grabs hold of Jamie, trying to drag him back to his "lightning rod". He manages only to get him to the west stairs.

Jamie and YURF suddenly regain their ability to move, jerking back to life like nothing had happened.

Sanya:Green: Pool:2/3  [Third floor, on west stairs]
Adam: Red: pool:1/1 (Passed out)[First floor, next to YURF]
YURF: Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified, foot encased in wood)  [first floor, Near north stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:2/2 (left hand is rubber) [Second floor, near west stairs]
Thrakor(3): Purple: Pool:1/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless. Right arm marked,)[Fourth floor, North east side]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:1/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Jamie(6): Dark red: Pool: 2/6 [Second floor, near west stairs]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #337 on: December 05, 2012, 01:10:43 pm »

Oh, and just a heads up, I'm not gonna say anything when I change the words in The Book, so it may behoove you to check it occasionally rather then just rely on copying it once and using that copy from then on.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 05, 2012, 01:13:44 pm »

((Interesting...))

((How about spells to rebuild the massive damage that will no doubt eventually be done to the arena?))

Damn it!  That was useless.  Time to screw with the arm again.

Take cover again.  Focus on the arm attempt to activate it.  Think of unleashing its power, then try thinking of it healing me, then recharging me, then it flying out and killing someone.  Point at someone randomly for that last one.

((Thanks for the tip- I'll have to check it against my annotated copy.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 05, 2012, 01:17:42 pm »

Be unconscious

Will (barring being kill) Adam pop back up randomly or do I put wake up until he rolls good?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 05, 2012, 01:53:34 pm »

"Oh god... Hmm. I have an idea... but... Damn it, I need another word! Maybe! Argh, so annoying!"

Get as close as I can to Yurf from the third floor, as if I was looking to drop something on him.

Point out over the ledge of the third floor and yell "GET TO COVER" before saying Kenthablaw Talo!

Turn my back and cower to protect myself from my own spell as soon as I speak.
"I guess I'm getting some vengeance for the trees... after all, these books are kinda needlessly large.

((Seriously though. Everyone might want to back the fuck up, I have no idea how this one is going to react.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 05, 2012, 01:56:05 pm »

Retreat to cover behind a pillar.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 05, 2012, 04:21:33 pm »

"Oh god... Hmm. I have an idea... but... Damn it, I need another word! Maybe! Argh, so annoying!"

Get as close as I can to Yurf from the third floor, as if I was looking to drop something on him.

Point out over the ledge of the third floor and yell "GET TO COVER" before saying Kenthablaw Talo!

Turn my back and cower to protect myself from my own spell as soon as I speak.
"I guess I'm getting some vengeance for the trees... after all, these books are kinda needlessly large.

((Seriously though. Everyone might want to back the fuck up, I have no idea how this one is going to react.))

((I have an idea. And if I did my math correctly, -applies sunglasses- I wood listen to him.

YEAAHHHHHH!

I'll go sit in the corner for that now...))
Greater Collection

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 05, 2012, 04:23:52 pm »

"This is starting to feel less like science and more like scribe duties. Maybe I should blow a few holes in the fabric of reality to let off steam."

Speak Generic.

((I should check the book now, then. I had no idea it would change at all. Thanks for the heads up on that. Think of all the science I could have missed!))
Greater Collection

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 05, 2012, 04:46:58 pm »

"Hey, buddy, I don't mean to piss you off, but one of us has to die soon. And my plans are too glorious for it to be me. Now, may the best man win!

Use my rubber hand to gag Jamie, and use My Spell.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 435