Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956376 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2820 on: March 09, 2013, 03:08:42 pm »

piecewise hinted that there's a word for "solid"...which I should probably see if I can find...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: March 09, 2013, 04:01:09 pm »

Anti-Gravity dust doesn't seem very good to hold stuff together.
Best to combine it with something else.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2822 on: March 09, 2013, 05:47:52 pm »

Again, damnit! I will have myself a throne!

Just read the scrolls at random.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: March 09, 2013, 06:15:33 pm »

"In that case, I may as well try something different."
"Karenthar Hobitaeaod Gathel-Lereth"
Activate mark.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2824 on: March 10, 2013, 02:46:27 am »

"Huh, that didn't go as well as intended. I guess I need to make additional modifications to my current body."
Move a safe distance away from Sanya. Say words. Aim as far away as possible and avoid aiming near anyone. Back away while doing so. Then go with Sanya.
You back up away from Sanya and aim off into the distance, off the side of the mountain.
[pot:3+2]
A strange glowing fluid appears directly in front of you. It distorts the ground, flows upwards and seems to rapidly evaporate, or perhaps it simply reacts with the surface it's touching and is used up in the process. It leaves behind a shallow, distorted crater.

((Goddammit))

Stop being so sucky and say proper words then pickup sword and use with the wood to make a makeshift splint.

[pot:1]
[end:3]
Your entire right arm turns into solid wood. Uh... well.. You guess that fixes it.

Your rather unconventional first aid applied, you walk over to the sword and scoop it up with your left hand.
[will:1-1]
[end:2]
The second you touch the sword the green vapor and black veins around and on it attack your hand. You drop the sword as your left hand blackens and crumbles apart.

"OH COME ON!" You yell, rolling on the ground in agony.

thank my god for its divine assistance,
 Walk over to a crate that isnt near my fellow cultists and use one of my daggers to carve a rune circle into the side,
Hide behind another crate to the right of the rune crate and activate the circle

+1 channeling
I love my god :D
[pot:4+1]
You inscribe your circle and runes, then hunker down behind a box before activating them. The circle glows brightly and the larger rune burns up as the central large circle glows blue for a moment. It all fades a second later, with no noticable effect. Hmm.

"Hm. Well that's intresting."
Say Cantar No-Noheim
[pot:2+1]
You summon a small, inanimate golden bear statue the size of your fist.

"~The-Lights-Of-Death. I-like.~"

Say more things, glorious things indeed!

[pot:3+1]
[pot:1+1]
You summon up a buckler type shield made of translucent green plastic. Huh.

The next word summons an extremely small amount of sand.

((It's not? Damn.))

Kin was confused. He thought he had the right word, but it would seem he didn't - he tried another against the ghoul.
[pot: 2]
Fail hard 3:With a vengeance.

"Why is it always the important ones that dinnae work?"

Do it again.
You've only got 3 channeling and you used 4 words. Didn't notice it before because I roll pot before looking at the words most of the time. Which word youwant to remove?

Also,just a heads up, big things are gonna have a problem going down that switchback path.  Well, going down it safely.

Indicate that I've forgotten where I am and what's inside it.

Look around.

Words.

Ah. Well you are in the basement hallway. It's a long, subterranean hallway with the temple living quarters about half way down it's length and the storage room at the end. Also there are the stairs back up just behind you.
[pot:4]
You summon up a small whip made of wax. Or more realistically, you summon up a piece of wax in the shape of a whip.

ILL SAVE YOU THRAKOR! My knife will kill this feral homeless man!
Say words
Charge at the creature, slice it up.

[spd:3]
[Ghoul spd:6]
The ghoul turns toward you, apparently drawn by your screaming, and charges you instead.
[Ghoul dex:4]
[ghoul str:5]
[spd:1+1]
[end:6]
The ghoul leaps at you, grabs your shoulder with one hand and plunges his knife into your stomach with the other. You grunt and grit your teeth, screaming back into his face as you grab the wrist of the hand holding the knife.
[dex:4]
[str:3-1]
You strike back with your own knife, slashing wildly and carving shallow gashes into the Ghoul's chest.

Loot a few more boxes, then leave.

"Okay people, time to move out."
You dig through the boxes and loot a bottle of wine, an ax that looks like it was made to cut wood but will no doubt cut heads just as easily, and a very fancy looking ceremonial robe. The reason you take it though, is because it's covered in copper ornaments sewn directly into the fabric. It may be gaudy, but it may also serve as rudimentary armor.

Your loot in hand, you wander back up to the Hall of Heroes.

Rothon the ghoul in the face then bash it with that clockwork rod I grabbed earlier until he's dead.
Using Electricity with Javier in such close proximity will no doubt end in bad things; but Javier seems to have immobilized the Ghoul, so now is the perfect time to get a good free hit in on him.

[dex:1]
[str:5+2]

You swing your massive metal club and....miss by a mile. Whats worse is that you completely lose your grip and end up hurling the club off the path and down onto the roof of a building 30 feet below.

"damn it."

Hmm.  That probably a good idea, but I really want to know what happens. Enact plan Terrible Idea anyways.  For science.

"What's the worst that could happen?"

Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)

...If I'm somehow not dead after that, Search the crates for more weapons, and hand the largest two to my undead minion.  Unless there's one that he can't wield one handed, In which case give him that one.

Then exit the building with all minions.

[pot:1+1]
Fail hard 4:live free or fail hard.

Well, you're still alive, so that's a good thing.  You find your Minion an enormous metal prybar, the sort of thing that looks like it was designed to be used by 2 or 3 people at once.

You lead your newly armed minion upstairs to the hallway of heroes.

"I found a chair in that room, seems to be a reading nook, if you want to sit. I'm thinking about going to go up to the monk and talk to him a bit more, now that pressing matters are no longer at hand. You can join me if you feel up for it." Glassco comments to John, before heading up to the monk. He gives a slight bow, before speaking to the monk.

You head upstairs to the head monk and ask him your questions.

Hm... I don't really care about the history all that much but the "Eight Sealers" thing looks interesting and the geography one might get me a map of whereever I'm at... if not maybe there is an atlas somewhere in the scrolls.

Take the "Eight Sealers" and geography scrolls and go sit down at the table. First read the geography one and figure out where I'm at and then take note of interesting locations. Then read the "Eight Sealers" one and read what what is all about.

The geography scroll talks about the geography of the kingdom, with the temple as it's center point. Apparently to the west there is a village built into the side of this mountain, and from that village there is a path roads leading south toward the ocean, north towards a great plain called "the yellow sea" and the capital beyond it. To the farthest west is a Great forest that stretches straight off the map.  The south east has a wide reaching swamp, and the there is a massive foundry built into the east side of this mountain as well. To the farthest east is a mage's college.

The scroll of the Eight sealers is more of a verse or half poem then anything else.

Shal The Evergrowth Planted the seeds and fed the soldiers as they marched.

Gren the Quicksilver and The Scribe Of Iscalah studied the words and the seals.

Lord Bacrael Pounded the steel and forged the blades.

General Kaelrath, The Undying lead the charge.

Telcal the Holocaust burnt the cities and blew the ash.

Black Eziel poisoned the lands and warped the flesh.

And Fausht of The Crossroads stood in the shadow, lost forever down below.

Mmh... That word... why is it in Group One if it won't hold any form..?

I need to do some science... But... I need some more pool too...

Arm Words.

Pick up the resulting item and walk down to the basement'o'death.

Say hi to the people in the basement. Timidly back away from anyone better armed than I.

[pot:1]
[end:1]
Your head turns into a silver sword. This proves very unhelpful to your prospects of living.

(You are dead)

"Thank you Glassco, but I think I'm well enough to walk at the moment. I'll just be snooping around the altars if you need me."

I'll head to Parathun's altar and investigate the room.

You head upstairs and open doors till you think you find the one that belongs to Parathun.

Inside is what looks like a shrine of sorts, a platform holding a constantly changing lump of flesh.  In front of the platform is a  pedestal. Atop the pedestal is a small divot or basin carved into the stone of the pedestal itself. Balanced on the edge of the basin is a knife, rather small but very sharp looking

"You know, maybe trying to float down there isn't the best idea. Well, my massive gold fists should be enough to handle anyone who attacks me, so it looks like the path it is."

Ride the hoverchair down the path, and give any attackers a fatal golden brofist.

You ride your hovering gold throne down the path until you reach the edge of the cloud cover.

Again, damnit! I will have myself a throne!

Just read the scrolls at random.
[will:3]
You make a little step stool out of mushrooms. Well...close enough.

You sit down and start reading. (I've PM'ed the contents of the scrolls to you)

"In that case, I may as well try something different."
"Karenthar Hobitaeaod Gathel-Lereth"
Activate mark.
[pot:5+1]
A second mark appears on your left arm and activates.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: March 10, 2013, 03:07:51 am »

((Searching this whole temple is gonna take a while huh?))

Hm... well these eight sealers guys sound pretty evil. Overall... I don't really care. Though the map will be help so I'll keep that and continue with my kleptomaniac tendencies.

Put the poem scroll back but keep the geography one so I can reference it later. Leave the room and head to the other other room that's not the exit. As always, be careful of potentially dangerous stuff.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: March 10, 2013, 03:19:26 am »

"~Weirdness-continues-forever-and-ever.~"

Say words. Also, attempt to float upwards under my own power, being made of wind and all.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: March 10, 2013, 03:29:03 am »

"Well, no time like the present."
I'll use the knife to create a tiny cut under a bandage and then place the end of the knife in the basin.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: March 10, 2013, 03:39:26 am »

draw different rune circle on diferent crate and place a candle in the larger space, activate from safety of the hallway, follow derm
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 09:16:05 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: March 10, 2013, 03:47:27 am »

((OW))
"GODDAMNUSELESSPEICEOFCRAPTHATEVEREXISTEDWHYIOUGHTTABLOWYOUINTOTHENETHERREALMS!!!"
Stop swearing and cursing inanimate objects and say "Rali-Heliel Garstorpit"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2830 on: March 10, 2013, 03:57:44 am »

((Man, we failed so hard it hurts.))

Kin gave up using words for now and decided to get up and personal. He tried to punch it in the head.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: March 10, 2013, 04:17:12 am »

What?! Sanya... ...damn it, there's no way to revive her. Her spell must have failed...
"Rest in peace. I guess I never really got to know you, but for what it's worth, I wish we met in better circumstances..."
Silica places her right palm on Sanya's body and says "Dorbaelo Adamenstiar" before slowly walking away to rejoin Derm.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:19:12 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: March 10, 2013, 04:51:45 am »

((Wait, so, there's no waitlist anymore? :o))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 10, 2013, 04:55:23 am »

Nope  :D
Welcome aboard
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: March 10, 2013, 04:57:34 am »

"Ooh, this looks like it could be worth a few coins."
Pocket the statue and say "Con-tel Taeaold".   

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 435