Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 956275 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

There are a lot of active players in this... Poor piecewise, he's doing the best he can while GMing 4 different RTD's. Personally, I think he must either be superhuman or a machine, because he must not sleep much.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Gah shit"
Go down to the down in a rapid and orderly manner avoiding any cloud monsters and bring the fiery iron as well if anything or one looks at me funny murder with words.

You run all the way down to the village outer gates, chugging along with giant, flaming, rocky steps like a pyroclastic flow with a sword.

"HUEHUEHUE"
procceed outside of the temple,and try to cast "Karenthar Aels Gars"
You run on out to the temple grounds and try your first spell
[pot:4+1]
A magical tattoo spreads across your chest and back. Yay!

Twist the key

"Wus' this now?"
You turn the key until it clicks and then press the trigger. Three inch spikes shoot out of each of the holes. You release the trigger and they retract.

"That could hurt."

Not giving up a five pool. um. -1 to... awareness.

"Dammit!"

Quick, run outside- wait.

Cut my palm on the booky room alter.
You run over to the altar with the book and make an offering to it. You gain Shub-shalsheil's mark on your right hand. Neato.

Thrakor regards the man on the bridge.  Well, he wasn't attacking.

"Hello, good sir!  My name is Thrakor.  What can you tell me of this area?

Converse.  If murder happens, murder back with Rothon Shael.

((It is nice having a murder spell I don't mind sharing.))

"HUEHUEHUE"
procceed outside of the temple,and try to cast "Karenthar Aels Gars"

That spell was a lot of fun.
"They say one of the sealers lies in the forest below. Who's to say though?"

He draws his bow and an arrow. You tense up, ready to fight back, but he doesn't aim at you. He aims off in the distance, down the side of the mountain. He loses the arrow, which hisses off into the distance.

"Be careful out there." He says, strapping his bow back on. He stomps on the ground and a magic circle appears under him. It glows for an instant and then it and he vanish.

Hm... So my idea won't work. I just made iron that controls nothing.... if I had a third word then I could make iron that controls iron.... hm... well until then, best to equip myself before experimenting some more.

Say "Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon" with an image for a crossbow in my mind.

((Wait... is crossbow and bow two seperate words or do both come the same word?))

[pot:6+1]
You summon up a brand spanking new clockwork crossbow. This one is a strange looking thing, with 3 distinct bows all set around a central cylinder with 6 slots. It looks like you pull back on this thing here to cock it and then you can fire bursts of arrows 2, 4 or even 6 at a time.

I got my crossbow using "clockwork bow" so im gonna say they are the same word.

head out of town and say words, if attacked use my crossbow on my attacker and have my gigantic minion punt them... unless they are made of a dangerous or sharp substance in which case have it throw a large rock or small tree at them.
Head out in which direction? Up or down? And if down, on the mountain path or on the one leading toward the sea?

[pot:1+1, 1+1,1+1]
Wow. Really wow. Good thing you've got this:
[Everflame reroll:1+1, 3+1, 6+1]

Nothing,  a lizard and a strange looking thing with three legs, gecko feet and a giant eyeball on a stalk-like neck.

I wonder if there is something down here that the others couldn't find..
*Saurinae digs around in the basement and attempts to understand the rat*
((Does anyone know a spell that would let me see though my rat's eyes?))
You can't understand the rat, you just have control over him. It's less a mind meld and more of a puppetmaster and slave relationship.

Well, there are many things in the basement. A lot of them are wine. You grab a bottle of wine, a silver knife, and a set of the same robes those monks were wearing.

Experiment with more Runic Magic
[pot:2,2]
You draw both of them exactly incorrect.

((Shareeb is steel, Contallthelthel is sword, and Shubha is staff.))
Investigate thumping noise. If attacked, tackle assailant.

You sneak up to the second level and find Windsor standing around, poking at a giant ice cube.

"...Fuck. Oh well, he'll be back soon. Hopefully. Darn fickle magic, not doing things in ways they aren't meant to." Glassco ho-hummed to himself as he turned his attention back to the stone floor. He moves the cloth wall out of the way if necessary, but ponders. "Damn... What now? Gotta get this thing in the air somehow... Eh, John will be back soon, I think, we can just try again. In the mean time, why not do some testing?" Glassco rubbed his hands together and says words, separately, away from both the stone sloped floor, and the cloth wall so as to not spark a potential fire. If John is to indeed return and do reattempt the mark, activate it when he finishes, or grab onto him if he starts floating again so as to not go through all that again.
[pot:4,1]
You get a big lump of rubber.
[end:6]
Your feet are suddenly encased in a concrete block.

"aw, Did I piss off the mob again?"

Silica examines her surroundings and then says "Zerth Clo-caltel"
((I'll probably start supplying non-hostile PCs with weapons soon. I'm trying to make a throwing knifesaw right now.))
You're on the temple grounds, the area outside the temple with the sparring ring and benches and stuff.
[pot:2+2]
You summon up what looks like a knife handle with a turn key and trigger.

((I forgot to add this to my previous post, but I am a bit confused as to where everything is right now. Where are all those clothes located for example?))

Daniel turns to leave and sees that someone followed him upstairs.

"Oh! Hello! Are you new here like I am? I'm kinda lost about where I have to go, but you're welcome to come with me if you want. Maybe we can help each other?"

To the book shrine and cut my finger over the bowl. Then head outside and do MAGIC!
(Down the switchback path, in the village center.)

You sign up at Shub's school of sorcery and then head outside to do magic.
[pot:6+1,5+1,4+1]
You get:
Lots of gold, Lots of bone, and lots of copper.

I'll walk straight back outside, grip the stone bowl/airship and say "Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod Ah-thaelao." I won't let go, unless I'm sure that I'm not going to fly away.
"Hopefully this time I won't die."
You walk straight back outside, spit out one last tooth, and then grab your very odd flying carpet and try again.
[pot:1]
Your spine tears itself free and floats away. You die.

Again.

Damn it.

"~A-relaxing-location. This-reminds-me.~"

Point at lack of legs, say "Caltalleth Talo". Look out for any hostiles.
[pot:3+1]
You make a sexy pair of wind legs that are in no way attached to your body and dissipate after a few seconds.

Find out for yourself.

Say "Ku-karua", "Shoshashzel" and "Shalzethtol".

Free elements for everyone.
[pot:1+1,4+1,4+1]
nothing, burst of force, burst of necromantic power in the form of rather unhealthy to the touch green souls.

Jixiu sighs and says "Clo-Caltel Shubha"
[pot:4+1]

You get a clockwork staff that looks like it can expand and contract in a telescoping fashion.

((One of these is the word for whole body: Ssathshalssall, Shaazeshelial. The other one is for tongue if I remember correctly. At least I believe so. =) ))

Kin walks the forest road. He also says Pouerstol.
You head down to the village bridge and use your word.
[pot:3]
nothing seems to happen.

Sootheel Donbel!
Put on armor
Hail the men, ready to ROTHON them into oblivion if they decide to attack me

You have 1/3 pool here. Remember you used that spell after walking into combat. And yeah, it's combat. I'll give you a chance to reconsider your action before they just pummel you.

((I forgot to add this to my previous post, but I am a bit confused as to where everything is right now. Where are all those clothes located for example?))

Daniel turns to leave and sees that someone followed him upstairs.

"Oh! Hello! Are you new here like I am? I'm kinda lost about where I have to go, but you're welcome to come with me if you want. Maybe we can help each other?"

To the book shrine and cut my finger over the bowl. Then head outside and do MAGIC!

"Yea, I figure we'd stand a greater chance of surviving if we worked together.  Two heads are better than one, and all that jazz."

Ozzy follows Daniel to the book shrine, and asks about the ritual the other man performs.

Once they are outside, he points off into empty space and says "Conth " before pausing and following up with "Hathic".
[pot: 4, 3]
You get a strange whispy light sort of stuff that vanishes after a few seconds, and a small amount of blue crystals.

"Hmm.  That's not exactly what I wanted, but it's still useful."

Cast spell on my right glove.''
[pot:1+1]
(I wouldn't have worked anyways)

Enter basement and fire bow at the first hostile entity.
Unless Saurinae counts, you're out of luck.

Ok, does the universe not want me to have body armor? A 2 every time is annoying.
Say Adamenstiar Donbel. Swear at universe creatively, if it fails this time, see what god or goddess would be good for someone who is a warrior and mage.
[pot:5]
YAY! it worked perfectly!

You skipped me again! And I bolded it this time, too...

Jump on my giant thallid and wade through traffic jam.
Wait...I remember very specifically doing that post since Harry had his thing lifting people. I'm beginning to think I'm losing posts somehow. Actually YEAH!, look at the status screen from the last post. You're at the village outer gate.

I guess We'll just have you start off there.

"Whew."

Head towards the other end of town.
You make it down to the village homes before you come across a man wielding a pitch fork. He doesn't look happy to see you.

There are a lot of active players in this... Poor piecewise, he's doing the best he can while GMing 4 different RTD's. Personally, I think he must either be superhuman or a machine, because he must not sleep much.
Beep boop.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Oh, okay so that's what he does.

Dammit we need to make a list of these things. Now I'm rune guy I guess. Better start working on that after I get myself back up to snuff.

Speaking of robots...

Go outside and say Rothon Shareeb Clo-caltel Zzers Shaazeshelial
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:31:48 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try two entirely Different Runes

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile

Once more attempt to go down the path and head to a forest if I can see one
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

Yay i found lizard :D... now i only need another 2 points into channeling in order to make my !SECRET MINION!

Also wut?
Code: [Select]
strange looking thing with three
legs, gecko feet and a giant eyeball on a stalk-like neck.
is this a picture of the last word i just discovered?
Spoiler: large image (click to show/hide)

magic WORDS of summon ^ that ^ thingy, head upwards out of town... left path if opportunity arises.

Have mr Big punt any crazy villagers we come across.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:02:35 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"~Worth-a-shot-I-guess!~"

Say "Harialltontal Shareeb Hael-ton", clap if results look impressive. Hoot if they do not.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Silica aims away and says "clo-caltel roth"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile

Taroth Hobitaeaod Shubha
pick up the result,activate mark,head down the road.
i hope this works.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:10:00 am by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile

Active enemies:

Raider camp:
Raider heavy, Raider ax x2, Raider captain VS javier.
Village homes:
Pitchforker vs Kisame.

LOL
I am a Goober.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

"Well then interesting"
look around town murdering anyone who tries to murder me. Also take stock of available loot that isnt owned currently.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

here's what im hoping will happen if my character passes that way.

Spoiler: Kisame vs pitchforker (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ready my axe, then ROTHON! the first Guy who gets close to me
GARSTOPIT the next
Beat the other remainder using my axe.
I should technically have 2 pool now because of the turn skippage, but if your holy-GM intervention says no, stick with the ROTHON!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Gotta keep trying to find something useful..."

Magical words!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile

Take the staff. "Well now, this looks like it might be at least slightly useful." Jixiu then says "Clo-caltel Donbel."
[Let's see if this works. Also, anybody wanna team up?]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:10:49 am by Fr0stByt3 »
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 435