Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958596 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

"Yep, but I can't use words. Don't know why, but they've never done anything for me. But if YOU can, do you think you could summon some up for me while I deal with those raiders? If you couldn't tell from the snake and the floating torch, I'm pretty good at controlling gold."

Locate the raiders and try to have my snake encircle as many of them as possible before crushing them like a boa constrictor while I hide in the shadows to avoid detection.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

Why does the universe hate me trying to make myself armor?
Do it again, I need armor for my body damnit!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Further into the Camp
Dorbaelo Aels Soothel

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"This is probably going to hurt. GLASSCO, STAND BACK!"

I'll point at the cloth wall, focus on it, and say "Kelio Shaazeshelial".

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

If he did indeed hear John, he takes a step back but still does his words and actions. Backup plans!
Unless he manages to get himself down, in which case help him up to a standing/sitting position depending on his highly probable wounds.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:24:03 pm by Xanmyral »

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I got skipped too...))

"Eh baby is those propellers on your chest or are you just happy to s--" Ozzy stops mid-sentence as he feels an inexplicable tightening in his guts as if they're being twisted inside out and suddenly finds himself somewhere else.   He twists around trying to figure out where he is and where he came from, for the vision of the beautiful redhead leaning against a bar is quickly fading from his memory like a dream.   By the time he has spun in a circle he doesn't recall why he was confused to begin with, of course he should be here in this room with these rags on and this massive tome in his hand.  His still slightly frazzle brain catches view of someone [Daniel/Zako] leaving the room and he instantly begins to follow.  He knows its dangerous around these parts and no man should be alone."Hey, wait up!", he calls to the disappearing form as he tries to catch up.

A) If the man should pause to see whose calling out to him, then great they can converse and investigate this structure together.

B) If the man choose a hostile action instead or agreeing to his reasoning and advancing together, then he'd attempt to throttle him over the head with his copy of the Perplexicon because it's never wise to start experimenting in a combat situation if one could help it.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin explores further on. Now, if there only were a cane around here.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Jump on my giant thallid and wade through traffic jam.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile

Oh boy oh boy! reminds me of a game called Magicka!
Can i join? if that is the case,the name will be Tomzon.
An old man with a tendecy to pick boogers from his nose when he is bored.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
also,i did finish reading the thread,and i remember seeing tips somewhere on spells...
does somebody have them?Because it is one hell of a job to dig trough the thread.
EDIT: i have a buttload of time,so i found the advice.Yaay .
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:49:49 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well well, what do we have h- wait, why have I been talking to myself?"
Examine area, search for interesting things/things to kill.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((I think you missed my action.))
Silica aims as far away from everyone and says "Conth Ratheale"

Huh? What? I guess I must been spacing out...
Silica aims as far away from everyone and says "Conth Ratheale"
[pot:4+2]
You get a sphere of light that slowly drifts to the ground and immediately starts annihilating everything it touches, burning itself and the ground up like thermite. It only takes a few seconds before it's gone.

"~Ha-hah-amazing-now-we-run!~"

Utilizing Tod-2A's newfound superpowers, have him take me through the cloud cover as quickly as he can and down to that damn village already!

You make it down to the village outer gate without trouble. That was easy. You ride your man mount over to Ryan who is shoving a corpse off himself.

"Howya-doing?~"

+1 to channeling

((Right.... I didn't want him dead but more like unconscious... but oh well. He's my first exception to my no kill people rule!))

Uh.... right... that wasn't supposed to be sharp.... if I wanted to kill him I would've used my knife..... well yeah he's a figment of my imagination! Killing my imagination in self defense is no way murder! It's perfect! Hahaha!

Anywho.... ((time to try something I've been wondering would work. Anyone wanna be nice enough to tell me if my plan will work or not?))

Walk over to the wall so I can quickly enter if danger arises. Say "Zerthel Hobitaeaod". Grab the result and will it into the shape of a ring that'll fit my finger.
[pot:5+1]
You get a big lump of iron that doesn't respond to your wishes. Hmph, how thoughtless.

I wonder…
More Rune Experiments
[pot:4]
You draw your choice of circle and runes and then activate them. The runes seem to burn up out of the slots as the circle activates. The circle itself glows for a while, but in the end nothing happens and it fades away.

((Hmm, I hope this works as I think it will or this will be hilarious/awkward))
*Saurinae searches around the temple for small animals and when/if he finds one he attempts to mentally control it*
You head down into the temple basement rooms and search around till you find a rat.
[will:5]
SURRENDER YOUR WILL TO ME MR.RAT!

And indeed he does. You are now the proud owner of one mind controlled rat. May your reign be long and just.

Enhance the big man for fun and profit science, aka poke him in the chest and say words.
Then wander off looking for someone to show my minion off to.

[pot:4+1]
You thoughtfully take your man outside before touching him and making him engorge to enormous sizes.

Your Homunculus is now far too stupidly large to get into any building and is very strong but also very slow.

"YESSSSS!"

Now for my power! say words

[pot:2+1]
Your attempts produce a tiny lump of fiery iron that has no control over anything. Grumble.

Jixiu shrugs and tries again, dammit!
[pot:3+1]
You get a burst of wind and a pile of clockwork bits. Oh.

"Well, no protection for me, I guess."
Say "Ku-karua", "Prathel" and "Gathel".
[pot:1+1,6+1,4+1]
Nope, a freaking ton of water that washes half the furniture down stairs, and a big old lump of ice.

Dammit.

Try again! Enlarge tiny arm and grow four others! + wings!

[will:1]
[end:1]
You shrink your head. You shrink it into non-existance with a big o' *POP*  Unsurprisingly, this proves very fatal.

You respawn back in the temple. Please select a stat to lower by 1.

Flavorful.
[pot:4+1]

You summon a clockwork sword made of diamond. It's an odd sword, very thick with no edge, more like a metal rod with a sharp point at the end. Holes line the length of the rod and a turn key sits on the back of the handle.

"Shit, he's really far up. I don't think my voice can even reach him now... HEY, CAN YOU STILL HEAR ME?! I'M STILL... STILL TRYING TO GET YOU DOWN! JUST... IT ISN'T WORKING!" Glassco says words again, pointing from John to the cloth wall.
[pot:6]
Whatever you're trying to do, it's not working.

"Interesting!  Enough science, time for murder!"

Head down the path toward the bridge/raider camp.  Get ready to murder.  If attacked, murder back via Rothon Shael.  If a player attacks the camp, assist them.
You run all the way down to the bridge but stop. Someone is standing on the bridge, looking out over the forest way down below.

He's a thin man, with rather expensive looking clothing, high boots and a longbow and quiver on his back. He's got a sack hanging from his belt and is idly twirling a stylus in one hand.

"Well, hopefully this should come in handy."

Grab something suitable, small and hopefully sturdy that I can write with from the reading room, as well as 2 candles. Then go talk to the all-seeing monk and ask him what gods there are that I can join up with and what they do/are like.
I assume this is just for in character knowledge again since someone else as already told you about them? Regardless.

"If you desire to make circles and runes then the Altar with the Book is for you."

"Yep, but I can't use words. Don't know why, but they've never done anything for me. But if YOU can, do you think you could summon some up for me while I deal with those raiders? If you couldn't tell from the snake and the floating torch, I'm pretty good at controlling gold."

Locate the raiders and try to have my snake encircle as many of them as possible before crushing them like a boa constrictor while I hide in the shadows to avoid detection.

You head down to the bridge and stop with Thrakor, eying the man standing in the middle of the road.

Why does the universe hate me trying to make myself armor?
Do it again, I need armor for my body damnit!
[pot:2]
The universe hates the living.

Further into the Camp
Dorbaelo Aels Soothel

Last word isn't correct.
[pot:1+1]
Also your sorcery apparently isn't great either.

A line of fraying red tents is assembled here against the wall of the path with a few firepits between them.

Four men step out of the tents to confront you. They're dressed in red uniforms without any ornamentation or insignia. They are all thin and pale, haggard and angry looking.

Two hold battle axes, a third wears armor on his arms, chest and head and wields a war pick. The last wears a chest plate and helmet and wields a two handed sword.

"This is probably going to hurt. GLASSCO, STAND BACK!"

I'll point at the cloth wall, focus on it, and say "Kelio Shaazeshelial".
[pot:1]
You suddenly stop floating. Instead you go flying on a long arc directly into the ground, reducing yourself to a fine meaty paste. You reappear in the spawn room, still spitting up teeth.

((I got skipped too...))

"Eh baby is those propellers on your chest or are you just happy to s--" Ozzy stops mid-sentence as he feels an inexplicable tightening in his guts as if they're being twisted inside out and suddenly finds himself somewhere else.   He twists around trying to figure out where he is and where he came from, for the vision of the beautiful redhead leaning against a bar is quickly fading from his memory like a dream.   By the time he has spun in a circle he doesn't recall why he was confused to begin with, of course he should be here in this room with these rags on and this massive tome in his hand.  His still slightly frazzle brain catches view of someone [Daniel/Zako] leaving the room and he instantly begins to follow.  He knows its dangerous around these parts and no man should be alone."Hey, wait up!", he calls to the disappearing form as he tries to catch up.

A) If the man should pause to see whose calling out to him, then great they can converse and investigate this structure together.

B) If the man choose a hostile action instead or agreeing to his reasoning and advancing together, then he'd attempt to throttle him over the head with his copy of the Perplexicon because it's never wise to start experimenting in a combat situation if one could help it.

(Make sure to bold actions. Makes it easier for me to see them.)

You chase Daniel to the temple's upper floor.

Kin explores further on. Now, if there only were a cane around here.

You continue down the path until you come to a split in the road. One side leads along the side of the mountain over toward the sea, the other continues down it, eventually towards a forest.

"Yes, it should've been an enhancement word.  Oh well."

Try again!

[pot:2+1]

Your hat is now slightly faster then normal.

Oh boy oh boy! reminds me of a game called Magicka!
Can i join? if that is the case,the name will be Tomzon.
An old man with a tendecy to pick boogers from his nose when he is bored.
also,i did finish reading the thread,and i remember seeing tips somewhere on spells...
does somebody have them?Because it is one hell of a job to dig trough the thread.
EDIT: i have a buttload of time,so i found the advice.Yaay .
Welcome to die!

You show up in the spawn room, a big old square room with a magic circle surrounded by mummified monks.

"Well well, what do we have h- wait, why have I been talking to myself?"
Examine area, search for interesting things/things to kill.
The homes are mostly abandoned and empty, but you think you hear something thumping around in one of them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Also guys, from now on, please repost your words instead of just saying "Try again". Makes it easier for me.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

"Gah shit"
Go down to the down in a rapid and orderly manner avoiding any cloud monsters and bring the fiery iron as well if anything or one looks at me funny murder with words.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:55:43 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile

"HUEHUEHUE"
procceed outside of the temple,and try to cast "Karenthar Aels Gars"
I am a Goober.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 435