Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1286101 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5595 on: February 29, 2016, 09:49:53 am »

The man just showing that the Scots are best at everything.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5596 on: February 29, 2016, 11:24:54 am »

Rolling up your sleeves and beating someone in a war? Satisfying. Backhanding them politically with a single message? Amazing.

Might & Fealty.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: February 29, 2016, 12:42:16 pm »

Playing as Denmark in 1080. Stole Lappland, Vesterbotten, and some other county from disorganized pagans and usurped the Duchy of Norrland. Now me and my Norwegian allies are working on stealing Sweden.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: February 29, 2016, 03:28:48 pm »

Playing as Denmark in 1080. Stole Lappland, Vesterbotten, and some other county from disorganized pagans and usurped the Duchy of Norrland. Now me and my Norwegian allies are working on stealing Sweden.

When you say "Stole", do you mean without a fight?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5599 on: February 29, 2016, 04:27:40 pm »

I was in a 2vs2 fight, with a random person and two friends that clearly communicated over Skype or Teamspeak or something. We started the game, made a FOB on a fortified hill, popped an M2 Browning and a few cannons and started overwatching and shelling the village with mortars. The game went on, we started to get more guns and more powerful guns, and basically just held the site. Then the Germans rushed with a StuG IV on the right flank, taking out my Hellcat hidden in bushes. On that flank, I only had a M5 Stuart. Basically, I'm fucked. I took an potshot at the thing and thankfully, took off it's track so I could flank it and somehow I killed it from a side. At that point I simply just went forward, because I spotted German rocket artillery, which I promtly drove over and put an shoot through the rear door of the other one. At that point, I was deep behind the enemy lines so I just went forward, killing some random Grenadiers while going at max speed, when I spotted an Sd.Kfz. 250/8 coming at me, so I hid behind a warehouse at train station which quickly got reduced to rubble so I just started to shoot it, and then... a bloody Veteran (which basically meant it was the scariest thing Germans had in that match) Panther coming at me. I quickly bailed by crew before he shoot the Stuart, and hid behind it... and then I ordered one of my crewmembers to take out a dynamite (that should be usually used for obstacle clearing or something) out of the tank. The Panther, for some reason, rushed (proably wanted to take out my crew before they do anything) and I threw the dynamite at it, despite not actually having the range to make it to it, so the guy would have time to retreat, but... but then he literally shoot the dynamite mid-flight with his main cannon by accident, taking out his goddamn tank... then I proceeded to use the surviving two crewmembers to spot two enemy Karl-Geräts which I then showered with T34 Calliopes, and promptly captured one of the Karls to take out enemy Sturmtiger that was hidden in some house nearby. Losing an Super Pershing to enemy Tiger later on couldn't change anything.

TL;DR
I used a thing that costs maybe 5 Victory Points to take out enemy forces worth nearly 1000, in a game with 1200 points limit.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5600 on: February 29, 2016, 05:12:58 pm »

-snip-
I love killing expensive weapons with discount units. That's the beauty of Assault Squad 2. Good micro can make up for bad buys.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: February 29, 2016, 06:05:37 pm »

I figured out how to make a device in Infinifactory that should make all the future levels much easier.  For a little while I was having trouble getting my brain to click right for this game, but I think I've got it figured now.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: February 29, 2016, 06:30:15 pm »

When you say "Stole", do you mean without a fight?

Erm. We holy warred the Norse and laid a bullshit claim on Lappland because there's still actually a sizable Suomenusko population at this point. So, no, it was more like conquering than stealing.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: March 01, 2016, 02:23:18 am »

I successfully completed an orbital rendezvous! It was a huge pain in the ass, because the target was mere kilometers above the atmosphere—the bare minimum of a stable orbit. After hours of waiting to get in range, fine maneuvering, overshooting the target, loading quicksaves and cursing at the computer, however, I finally rescued Diluki Kerman.

And then he burned up on reentry. I got him down safely on the third try, though!

Kerbal Space Program.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:25:22 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: March 03, 2016, 05:51:12 pm »

Fought off Balrog, with only 1 health remaining :P

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: March 04, 2016, 03:57:55 pm »

I finally completed a mission! I even destroyed three enemy craft according to the stats screen, although I swear I blew up a whole lot more than that. Regardless, I attribute my success to my actually-pretty-competent AI wingmen. Half the time I was unsure where I should be, since all the combat seemed to be happening by the Star Destroyer while my own squadron was hanging out with the convoy.

Star Wars: X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: March 04, 2016, 05:30:01 pm »

Took me several tries, but I beat Miku 50-14(it's a 64-piece board). Most games we're within 10 points(often with her winning).

Spoiler: I think I upset her (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: March 04, 2016, 05:35:55 pm »

My 450 HP creature got a little bit confused and disintegrated itself for 5800 damage.

It totally counts as me owning.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: March 05, 2016, 10:08:57 am »

I wrote this in narrative because my ship configuration really makes me think of an x-wing fighter. Just dark blue with a twin-thruster cylindrical engine. xD

The game is Event Horizon (Mobile). [I finally learned how to do screenshots with my phone!]

And I'm using one of the 'medium' ships. Especially one I'd never thought of using given so many other ships in the 'Heavy' weight class category acting as warships, or 'Light' weight class fighters being able to outmaneuver enemies and blast them with a quick turnaround.

This one packed both, to my surprise. I was able to clear a whole enemy base at ~700+% difficulty [double-veteran flagships of *any type* and all] with it because of amazing speed + maneuverability, and a large shock impact from the M2 pulse cannons it had, with half the range of a railgun that can cover a quarter of the whole battle field screen (long-ranged/long-recharge cannon; battlefield was ~300+ range units max?). And to mark it like an X-wing fighter, it looks like one in the 2D battle overview, but...dark blue. (though with the wings folded and minus the "Barrel M2" satellites...which somehow remind me of the old game Gradius).

I feel like a rebel whenever I play. Although by in-game lore, it's pretty confusing considering all the enemy has are...very separated 'sectors' which surround the player base in a spiral hexagon.

Spoiler: My ship configuration (click to show/hide)
Stuffed with inertia dampeners to lower the 'weight' (or relative measurement affecting velocity at an inverse proportion), and shielded by impact, thermal and energy absorbers coupled with a nice HP ratio make it very well able to take a hit. Two anti-matter reactors, a beautiful setup combining cannon slots and a targeting device, and armored fuel tanks for...a hit point bonus (yep, fuel tanks ._.) make me able to take the 10 enemy ship maximum # at any one time in a battle.

It's also the fastest ship in my fleet >_> [And particularly faster than any ship the enemy can throw at me, sans ones with the Afterburner {esp. Mark 2 enemy scouts}. I believe 12.50 is the highest any enemy ship can go before warp drives/afterburner boosts] That means even faster than my 'Light' class fighters, because of MORE space for inertia dampeners!
*While the nose of the fightercraft does contain a large, unarmored fuel tank...that doesn't necessarily matter though I did go 'wat' when I first played the game and studied the designs. xD
Plus, I love watching enemy drones* getting flung away like by a slingshot upon impact by any of those pulse cannons. It's like I'm swatting away at them as they try to screen their carrier away from getting blasted :3
Impulse = units of momentum exchanged on impact.

The latest patches also give each and every item from fuel tanks, to the auxiliary support items a module boost! :D With color coding from Bad > Normal > Good > Excellent > Golden! quality!
In which I forgot the terms, but it feels that way.
Whatever is the superlative above excellent...that's the last color. I ran out of thesaurus.

*Drone = That space invaders icon. Basically tiny ships inside your ship with basic armaments from repair to energy drain, to 99% accurate 'bolt' laser, to missile launchers!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:20:17 am by Tiruin »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: March 05, 2016, 04:24:25 pm »

First time fighting It Lives, though it was in a daily challenge so I'm not sure it counted. Anyways, once I get rid of it's minions to make it vulnerable, I shoot it like, twice, using the power boost I get from being within the aura of a succubus, and I've beat it! Blew it to high hell! Which... is where I went next, basically, blowing everything up like a boss, ultimately coming up to Satan Himself, who actually managed to deal some damage to me in his final form, but I still won! Like, this is the first time ever I've gotten that far.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 709