Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Not The Best First Impression  (Read 2047 times)

EriSubara

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Not The Best First Impression
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 09:15:26 am »

To be honest, I was originally going to just leave them to die, but then someone I know reminded me that I could just make a floor across the river and save them. I was all ready to just let them perish, but when I figured I could save them, I found myself thinking that I just couldn't let them die.

Yeah, probably should have let them die, because then I could just carry on with my easily manageable seven dwarves before the next migrant wave came about.

Live and learn, I guess. XD

I assume the river was frozen when you embarked?
I think so... I honestly can't remember.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 09:20:27 am »

I try to prevent deaths. But having people die in battle on my side makes it more 'realistic', than a few champions hacking through a host 10 times their size. So a couple deaths during a siege actually don't make me sad at all. Of course, unless said deaths includes my high leveled armor or weaponsmiths.

I do my best to keep them alive (not sending the rookie squads instead of the one uber squad after the nastier FB's, etc)  But after the elven assault that set off a tantrum spiral that took YEARS to bury the dead after (all that happened was a single elf and eagle got inside and killed three guys in a hallway.  One guy saw, tantrum'ed and ran into the dining room to share it), you tend to stop caring a little bit.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 09:30:43 am »

I try to prevent deaths. But having people die in battle on my side makes it more 'realistic', than a few champions hacking through a host 10 times their size. So a couple deaths during a siege actually don't make me sad at all. Of course, unless said deaths includes my high leveled armor or weaponsmiths.
What about this?http://postimage.org/image/2k87ibr1g/
About 50 died and it's still amusing me

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 10:17:23 am »

Are the Os deade orcs?

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 11:10:32 am »

Are the Os deade orcs?
Ogres
Pages: 1 [2]