Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 964505 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: No Such Thing As A Free Bolter, But Heresy's Everywhere!
« Reply #8985 on: August 01, 2017, 04:42:54 am »

GROOMING BEARDS? they are khorne berserkers, ain't nobody got time for that shit, thats slaaneshi heresy!

If your beard is not constantly blood encrusted you are doing it wrong.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: August 01, 2017, 05:23:42 am »

even khorne understands that you have to make the sword before you cam stab with it.

besides of all chaos gods khorne is the protector of the weak and all that.  he implicitly approves of slaves
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: August 01, 2017, 08:09:21 am »

Khorne is the Lawful Good corner of chaos alignment, obviously. I genuinely think that if Chaos took over the imperium he would be the bastion of justice and respect for law.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8988 on: August 01, 2017, 09:51:04 am »

Khorne is the Lawful Good corner of chaos alignment, obviously. I genuinely think that if Chaos took over the imperium he would be the bastion of justice and respect for law.
Given the Imperium's obsession with skulls it wouldn't be too hard to make the transition to an Imperator Khorn

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: August 01, 2017, 11:28:18 am »

He's basically an imperial already, yeah.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: August 01, 2017, 04:42:21 pm »

The Imperium as a whole is pretty Khornate, what with its constant war economy, general hatred of psykers, and endless unremitting war on all fronts. Space Marines can be as bloodthirsty as Chaos Space Marines sometimes. I wonder if it's a counterbalance to the fact that the Imperium basically got its start from the aftermath of the creation of Khorne's opposite, Slaanesh.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: August 01, 2017, 04:47:14 pm »

I guess it makes sense that a khorny culture would pick up when doing slaaneshy stuff might make you explode into tentacles.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8992 on: August 01, 2017, 04:57:15 pm »

The Imperium as a whole is pretty Khornate, what with its constant war economy, general hatred of psykers, and endless unremitting war on all fronts. Space Marines can be as bloodthirsty as Chaos Space Marines sometimes. I wonder if it's a counterbalance to the fact that the Imperium basically got its start from the aftermath of the creation of Khorne's opposite, Slaanesh.
Interestingly when the Eldar are at their zenith, they create Slaanesh. When the Imperium begins taking over the galaxy, Khorne rises above Slaanesh to become the strongest of the 4. It is entirely possible the Imperium is Khorne's greatest champion

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: August 01, 2017, 05:17:28 pm »

Do orcs give a lot of power per meter to Khorn? Or are they just psychically unsatisfying?

Edit: Also it seems to me that the Imperium as a whole should be more Nurgle aligned. The most interesting and dynamic people places and events would be more Khorn, Tzeentch, or Slaanesh. But the average bog standard uncounted trillionth person seems like death and decay would be their thing more then the others.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 05:21:48 pm by Criptfeind »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: August 01, 2017, 05:23:11 pm »

Do orcs give a lot of power per meter to Khorn? Or are they just psychically unsatisfying?
Everything and anything a greenskin does goes to Gork and Mork (or Mork and Gork), not to Khorne.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8995 on: August 01, 2017, 05:30:31 pm »

Edit: Also it seems to me that the Imperium as a whole should be more Nurgle aligned. The most interesting and dynamic people places and events would be more Khorn, Tzeentch, or Slaanesh. But the average bog standard uncounted trillionth person seems like death and decay would be their thing more then the others.
Death from battle is a bit different from death from disease though

Hmm, I wonder if clerks and munistorum bureaucrats could count their battle against endless paperwork as Khornate

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: August 01, 2017, 05:33:52 pm »

Depends mostly on how many skulls adorn their desks. So in the imperium, very yes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: August 01, 2017, 05:43:20 pm »

The Imperium's activities feed all the Ruinous Powers about equally. Nurgle is as you said, but in particular it's those who have accepted death and decay, who have given into the void and tried to love their place in life. Slaanesh is fueled by the opposite, by the extremism that the Imperium's people sometimes engage in to try and give their lives meaning. Tzeentch is fueled by the rat race, the endless powergames that Imperials play against one another. And Khorne, well...you know the line.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8998 on: August 01, 2017, 05:45:08 pm »

Which Chaos Gods do the vermin of the Imperium of Man worship
I mean the actual, genuine vermin, the rats that cross the stars with mankind and colonize every world man sets foot on. The space rat imperium of ratkind

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: August 01, 2017, 05:55:13 pm »

The Imperium's activities feed all the Ruinous Powers about equally. Nurgle is as you said, but in particular it's those who have accepted death and decay, who have given into the void and tried to love their place in life. Slaanesh is fueled by the opposite, by the extremism that the Imperium's people sometimes engage in to try and give their lives meaning. Tzeentch is fueled by the rat race, the endless powergames that Imperials play against one another. And Khorne, well...you know the line.

Hum, interesting. I suppose my view of imperial society is that it's largely stagnant and unchanging, and most peoples lives are within it as well. A world that survives 1000 years in roughly the same state seems one where most people are also not hugely dynamic. A factory worker who works in the same factory making the same bullets that his greatx23 grandfather made, it seems like a life of stagnation that eventually leads to death would be a life for Nurgle on the whole, even though it's certainly going to be filled with points for any chaos god. Accepting the Imperial creed and spending your life as a good cog in the machine seems to be a thing that'd fit Nurgle, but I guess that's not really embracing or consciously accepting it? So maybe it doesn't count enough for Nurgle.

Or maybe my view of how dynamic the average person in the warhammer world is flawed... Potentially worlds do change and shift more then I was aware of and the average was just that, an average. The time scale that the imperium has existed on seems so huge to me though that it's hard for me to imagine places within it as dynamic.
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 824