Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Starve: Unreal World!  (Read 7831 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Starve: Unreal World!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 07:25:21 pm »

Good try :D

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 02:18:04 pm »

Spoiler: Quotes (click to show/hide)
Going to go for both of these as my next character then. one EuchreJack female slave coming up!

Spoiler: EuchreJanet? (click to show/hide)

My name is EuchreJack. It is an odd name but it is my own. From what I was told when my father gave it to me it was a very popular name where he came from, some place he only refered to as 'the twelfth bay'. This was of course shortly before he decided to sell me into slavery, of course. He was nothing if not a foreign trader and managed to sell our entire village somehow with the Njerpez.

Life is not all bad, I just managed to escape from my captors. I have the rest of my life ahead of me to spend however I can imagine. I could go to the coast and become a fisherman, or maybe become a farmer. I've heard that hunting and trading with our northern brothers could lead to a comfortable life...

Alright, so not only is EuchreJack useless at everything, but she also is afraid of groups of people. Sounds like a great character!

Spoiler: Rituals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

For skills I grabbed cooking, fishing, tracking(which isn't shown again, just like fishing before. I can only assume this is a feature), dagger and spear. Not that the skill selection will exactly help any

Spoiler: Starting Position (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scenario Description (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Just a knife and some clothes, if the Njerpez don't get her the cold of winter will

Spoiler: Oh crud... (click to show/hide)

Maybe I should of looked where I ran...

I didn't want to spend the time having her look around because I'm pretty sure turning takes up time that'll let other characters act. Need to know how to handle this. Should EuchreJack run? Or just go stab the guy in the face the best she can before she'd cleaved? She only has a 30% chance to dodge, I believe.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 06:19:26 pm »

In my experience, your best bet is to turn and run towards the nearest edge of the camp (denoted by a bunch of trees probably).

Unfortunately, you can't dodge or block anyone who attacks you from the rear.

And yay!  I'm going into the ancestor list!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:51 am »

While turning does cause time to pass, there are ways to turn faster. (Experiment with the keypad, or check the keylisting, I believe by pressing shift+'?')

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 08:03:46 am »

guyz how u mine for fish???? i walked up 2 the water adn did mine for fish but it says u cant mine for fish there???
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 03:14:34 pm »

Yeah, the fishing thing is tricky.  You just have to keep trying at different spots.  I think calm water is generally the best, but I haven't really figured it out yet eather.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 03:44:57 pm »

If you have nets, put them at rapids. To me it seems like rapids gives a higher chance to catch, at the cost that fish die quicker in the net, while calm water is the opposite. Of course, I'm probably wrong but it feels that way.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 07:31:33 pm »

Blahblahblah reallifestuff blahblahblah :P

Back on with the show! And what a show!

After standing there for what seemed like days, staring at that man before me, my mind finally clicked. I needed to run, and run fast! Turning hard to my left I darted southward and then veered southwest away from a second Njerpez warrior towards the east.

Spoiler: Part 2 (click to show/hide)

As I continued to run southwest I spotted another of the warriors relieving themselves behind a large rock. I changed direction again to try to keep my distance and shrieked when I saw one of the Njerpez literally breathing down my neck.

Something blunt nicked my hip and caused me to lose my balance, I tried to get back up but was only forced back down

Spoiler: Crawl faster you git! (click to show/hide)

I could feel blood pooling up in my clothing by now, it was warm. Warmer than a summer's day. Frantically I scrambled over a small edge almost tasting the freedom I deserved...

Spoiler: Peace (click to show/hide)

And then suddenly nothing hurt any more. I had thought death would be more painful, there were stories of the Njerpez torturing their kills... But it was over quickly. I think they may have chopped my head off, though I suppose it doesn't matter now.

I found myself on a tiny island all by myself. At first I was afraid, but then I met 'Tim'. He was the only other resident on the island, this place in the otherworld. I would say I'm greatful for the company but Tim keeps talking about how he was destined to get rid of the foreigners from our land and other nonsense. Sometimes he tries to attack me but here neither of us can be harmed so it does little to help anyone...

Honestly, did you all expect anything else to happen? Think I'm going to take a day or two to play around with the game some more before I pick back up with another character, but please keep the characters coming (even after I select one toss up some ideas, I'll just come back and grab them when the next character dies)

Oh yeah, while I think about it do you guys really care for all of the pictures of character creation? Might just be easier for me to make the character and then take a picture of skills/stats/inventory/location as a start.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:33:11 pm by Denzi »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 08:31:52 pm »

I liked knowing that my character was the weakest character I've ever seen in this game.  :D
Really made my day.  Dunno about future characters, though.  They matter less so than my "avatar".

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 06:14:30 pm »

I did escaped slave as my very first game and I escaped with nothing worse then an arrow in my ass.  Guess I'm just lucky.  Now to see if I can mine for fish.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 09:46:33 pm »

I did escaped slave as my very first game and I escaped with nothing worse then an arrow in my ass.  Guess I'm just lucky.  Now to see if I can mine for fish.

Yeah, escaped slave has a strong duality.  You either die, or flee almost without a scratch.  If you're injured to any significance, you're often too weak to escape.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 07:40:51 pm »

Given a change in my own interest (i.e. I've grown bored of this game for the moment) and only a modest interest from everyone else (likely because I couldn't really make my updates interesting, probably could of made them better if I had planned ahead) I'm just going to call this dead. I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish though, and got a few entries into the hall of the dead. Much further than any other LP of the game has gone, from what I've seen. Though now I'm realizing why so few LPs actually kept going, it is very hard to make the game interesting to a viewer.

I simply don't have the ability to keep this interesting beyond 'oh hey I made a character and it died, what is next?'
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:42:28 pm by Denzi »
Pages: 1 [2]