Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678233 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #3885 on: November 30, 2016, 01:04:34 pm »

Game is on sale on steam right now. What do people think? Worth getting? Or should I hold off a while longer for more content to come out?
From someone playing on steam sharing, it's something worth getting :)
But content-wise, there's the late-game drop of familiarity and time given the current status of the...probably-bland AI and rigidness with the (initial impression of) diverse choices at the start. But that takes some time to get to though!

Although I'm someone who aims for the steam achievements first before enjoying the game >_> Grrr, stuff not saving for SOME reason despite me playing in Ironman/no mods.
I believe if your internet drops even once during a session for Paradox games, it won't register any achievements for the rest of the session.

I don't know why they're so hardcore about protecting their achievements but whatever.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: November 30, 2016, 01:10:35 pm »

Been looking around, can't find anything about it. What exactly goes into modding in a new personality & responses to go with said personality? I have no clue if the latter is possible, but the former is what I am actually interested in.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: November 30, 2016, 01:41:13 pm »

I believe if your internet drops even once during a session for Paradox games, it won't register any achievements for the rest of the session.

I don't know why they're so hardcore about protecting their achievements but whatever.

In my experience with EU4 it will work as long as you reconnect before the achievement is supposed to fire.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: November 30, 2016, 02:43:19 pm »

Been looking around, can't find anything about it. What exactly goes into modding in a new personality & responses to go with said personality? I have no clue if the latter is possible, but the former is what I am actually interested in.
ask in the modding thread on paradox's forum.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: November 30, 2016, 05:30:14 pm »

Eh. I'll probably go bug the subreddit if I can't find any answers. Much faster replies than the forum. Pluuus I don't have an account there and don't intend to make one if I don't have to.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: December 05, 2016, 04:40:16 am »

Patch 1.4 is coming out today together with a free content update.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: December 05, 2016, 04:58:12 am »

Yeah. One of the devs stated on twitter that there would be free (story pack?) DLC coming today - "Horizon Signal" as well as the 1.4 patch.
1.4 patch notes are here.

Highlights include:
  • Option to disable auto-unpausing from popups
  • New achievements
  • New mechanics for extradimensional invaders
  • Various balance changes
  • Better sector AI
Achievements and extradimensional mechanic changes are the only real "meat" of the patch. And I don't believe we've been given any kind of clue what the free DLC has.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: December 05, 2016, 05:28:39 am »

Wish they went into what the 'major improvements' for Sector AI are. I still think they need to overhaul the mechanic completely - I can't imagine a scenario where they just manage to tweak it into being satisfactory.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: December 05, 2016, 01:32:44 pm »

And this is the trailer for the Horizon Signal free DLC.

Apparently written by the same writer who did Sunless Sea?
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: December 05, 2016, 09:10:31 pm »

>decide to launch an attack on the unbidden, successfully knock out a system's worth of their stations
>"hey this is pretty easy"
>go deeper
>inexplicable sudden 55 day warp time -- it has never taken my fleet this long before, but now close to their territory I'm getting slow as hell
>their armada converges, almost three times the fleet power of mine
>I look, my general is unyielding

weeeell my entire fleet's fucked

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: December 05, 2016, 09:29:49 pm »

hah
ahaha
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: December 05, 2016, 09:53:29 pm »

hah
ahaha
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
There's a 'modify post' button for inexplicable moments of doom up there :O

Though that is one point of Stellaris that I'd wish could be more...refined. "ENGAGE AT THIS RANGE", despite possible situations being '[warp jump] in 1 day' or anything like being ordered to get out of the system. Then it resets to 'emergency FTL in 30' :V

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: December 05, 2016, 09:54:55 pm »

I feel like that kind of stuff is completely vital to preventing every single war from degrading into a pure catch-the-runaway-fleet. Right now if you manage to get into combat range you at least get a grace period to do some damage before they emergency FTL out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: December 05, 2016, 10:03:01 pm »

I feel like that kind of stuff is completely vital to preventing every single war from degrading into a pure catch-the-runaway-fleet. Right now if you manage to get into combat range you at least get a grace period to do some damage before they emergency FTL out.
So true ._.
But I was thinking 'refined' in 'could be handled better'...because there are many times in the initial game where you warp in a fleet, only to have it be splattered in a system because you warped just too close to patrolling NPCs. But that makes sense anyway :P

I just feel through personal experiences that the fleet engages even if the enemy isn't in their range but the approaching foe is within your longest possible attack range...and that doesn't help you on the retreat. >_<

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: December 05, 2016, 10:17:07 pm »

i'm well familiar with the modify post, the double post was intentional
a ~~stylistic choice~~ emphasizing my change in tone before and after the battle
which I won B)

I mean, I went from around 70k in my fleet to around 18k, but bah gawd I won, mulched most of their fleet.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 632