Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1253884 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12810 on: October 31, 2017, 10:55:51 pm »

nevermind, i did it, i fucking did it. killed Coznix for his death prevention shield and added the bloody worm scarf to my arsenal and well. it worked. i got to survive long enough to kite the twins alternating between Lunic Eye and the oney blade (who would know that bees were much better at keeping me alive than that stupid artifact weapon).

with that i crafted a summoner accesory called Nora's Mark. it gives 18% minion damage, +1 max number of minions and, +2 defense and 15% damage reduction when under half health (kinda like a situational worm scarf).

and still got enough souls of sight to do other stuff. there's 2 ranged weapons using the schematics, one is based around Retizaner and its a bow that converts arrows into lasers, the other is flamethrower that converts gel into cursed fire.

i dont think skeletron will be weak to one or the other, but gonna craft one of the items just for novelty reasons. (the Pleiadean Flare is cool but i dont feel the damage of flamethrowers so gonna go with the bow).

so yeah next boss progression is supposedly the Brimstone Elemental but cant mine the entrance to the profaned crags so it will probably require to kill the mechanical bosses first. in that case. Skeletron Prime should be the next one. but there's still the Dusking which should be the logical option.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:58:35 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12811 on: October 31, 2017, 11:17:31 pm »

Hey, congrats, heh. Had a whole spiel but it's invalid now so whee. Though re: brimstone, I think you don't actually have to be inside the circle to spawn the thing, just in the general calamity biome. Might be able to do it sitting on top of the entrance, assuming you can survive starting the fight in a fairly narrow valley.

Also yeah, at least the throwing artifact is... kinda' lackluster. Like, it's okay for fighting your general chaff mobs, but it's unfortunately one of those whose attacks kinda' interfere with each other, so the damage is just sorta' anemic for something you have to murder most of the vanilla hard mode bosses (plus a bit) for. Probably going to see if I can't fish up the rest of another keystone (found one piece already, just need the rest) and check out the other ones at some point, I'unno.

Can't really remember what you'd have access to at the moment resource wise, or I'd offer suggestions that might be more on the helpful side, heh. Could swear there's a couple really sexy accessories you could potentially get your hands on in that general resource range, but can't remember exactly what you'd need, bleh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: November 01, 2017, 01:08:29 am »

before the twins i was using mostly minion related stuff but since it became so hard for me to survive while they were doing damage i had to change to a more defensive approach. so i started equipping the modified versions of some vanilla stuff. Starplate Signet to replace Star Necklace (it gets +2 extra defense on top of the blue star thingy), Bloody Worm Scarf (allthought technically, its better for melee), Frozen Core (too expensive to get a good modifier but armored is enough, it gives 10 base too and well a bit of damage reduction), Soul of Cryogen as wings because you cant keep going on a mount forever, and the Revengeance drop from Cryogen too. i also had a Summoner Emblen that i was saving for making the Artifact related accesory but since the Death Wind sucks most of the time i decided to do the Nora's Mark instead.

Coznix drops an item called Devil's Carapace that gives like +3 defense or something, along with +2 life regen and an avoid death buff that makes yo survive fatal damage with 100 health. its an improvement of my Phylactery that while really good for minion stuff, only revived me with 20 health on a 5 minute wait betwen the buffs. this one waits 2 minutes before allowing you to evade death again, plus replaces the charm of myths that honestly, doesnt do shit anymore.

so now im sitting on those, and also finished the material crafting of the Ankh Shield with warding on top. at least this one has only 2 recipes derived from it, either the Thorium endgame shield or the calamity one that should be the top pick (maybe i could use the Thorium one too, just for extra OP reasons).

in terms of damage. the honey Blade still kicks ass because since the bees home in on enemies, you donthave to rely on landing the beehives, just get the bees to hit and heal you 3 health per hit. the Retinranger bow has quite the speed and it seems the lasers penetrate. Lunic Eye is the alternative when you need to debuff enemies and also home in from afar, i bought the second tier of flame sentries from the Tavernkeeper, i was in dire need of repalcing the double mask sentry, and finally, well, im still using the Beholder Staff because its the highest damage minions i have.

i didnt craft the optic staff, too unreliable, gonna wait until i can get something better.

speaking of bosses, i was able to defeat the Dusking and he dropped the material for the 3rd artifact tier (why bother anyways, but maybe later it can be used forsomething), the Dusking was a long fight but you could dodge most of the stuff and survive.

the Ethereal Umbra on the other hand was really hard with all that bullet hell, not to mention the spirit biome mobs swarming the place (shouldnt have used that demon trophy to improve spawn rates, but oh well). i won and got the sentry staff,  didnt get enough crystals to check the spirit crystal armor tho.

and with that, they only boss left before the Brimstone Elemental is Skeletron Prime.

i've already done the hardmode version of the Old One's Army, the last Thorium update added a set of items from the Ogre, and i got 3. so got some stuff like the ogre sandals which do a shockwave attack when you land from jumping (they also give movement speed), the apprentice scarf but 1 slot for such a few bonuses inst worth it, and finally an ogre snotgun which well, uses snotballs as ammunition and slows foes. basically you shoot mucus to the enemies (eugh).

before skeletron im gonna se if i can get all the life fruits. they are already blooming in the jungle, gotta exploit that, i was lucky and found 2. and finally got another moth to spawn while exploring the jungle, i killed both things, the contract and got the gypsy powder to make into the honey dew. so now i got all the materials for the Ambrosial Ampoule.

the next step is to get those 500 health ready and maybe gather the rest of the materials for The Absorbent.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: November 01, 2017, 01:53:40 am »

Mm... will say re: those shields you mentioned, it might be worth spoiling things a little and noting you're going to get yet another accessory slot eventually. My own critter actually has been rolling with two shields for a while now (think they're the component pair for an end-chain shield, iirc), since even with the HP freezing I (sorta') need max health to avoid getting squished, heh.

Think you might be able to get the multi-carapace thing already, now that I think about it. Iirc it's a pretty nice defense buff once you cobble the pieces together. Want to say it's the accessory turtle shells you can see dropped in the jungle that's a component, if you're looking for the recipe. There's a surface fungus mob that drops one, too.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: November 01, 2017, 11:46:16 am »

ok maxed health to 500. Skeletron was a tough fight but doable. adding bloo corruption to the weapons was enough to keep going along with the items. saved the adamantite forge for the Draedon thing and crafted the Soulforge for the rest of the Thorium related items.

next bosses are the Lich, the Illuminant Master and the Brimstone Elemental. the first 2 should be easy to take down. but im running short on potions so gonna go on fishing for a while. gotta replenish the stock of lardfish, cavefish and ebonki. the hemopiranha stock is still going for a while. also, i ran out of prismite (too rare to catch, need a better rod than fiberglass)

no the multicarapace thing is done post lunatic cultist because you need the Ancient Manipulator to craft them. only can get the materials for now. the giant turtle shell and the crawdad pincer have been collected already, need a mushroom carapace and a snail shell to complete.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: November 01, 2017, 07:37:22 pm »

ok got enough fish to make another batch of potions. and enough life fruit to give to the cook for the food. this should be a good replacement for lifeforce at least for some situations. also went to the jungle to get chlorophyte for the Life Bloom armor, it doesnt give the same damage buff as Seraph Armor but it gives better defense and has a healing bonus. so the idea is to use one armor to summon then change to the other.

it also seems im gonna need the life fruit to make more life extending consumables. but well the first one needs a lot of souls so it will take a while, gonna check the bosses with this new armor then maybe get that first extra 50 health for when i battle Plantera.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: November 01, 2017, 07:53:42 pm »

For what it's worth, plantera itself drops an item that can be made into life fruits fairly cheaply. 10+ stack each time, iirc. Same thing that's part of getting anything out of the leviathan.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: November 01, 2017, 08:30:12 pm »

lol killed the lich and got the Phantom Wande weapon. it has big damage but aiming with so much stuff on screen is hard. tried to fight the Illuminant master but died at the last stage, forgot to change my armor -_-, so yeah, a bit of a loss in terms of potions.

gonna check the Brimstone Elemental now.

gotta give credit to the difficulty of that boss fight. not only its hard to aim because of the constant teleporting but also have to move around but with such amoung of bullet hell flying on the screen its so easy to get hit. should have changed the armor but was distracted by the heat of the battle. aint making that mistake again.

EDIT:

died, but she was at half health so i can kill her. the problem is that i dont have place to fly around there. gonna have to check another approach to the fight (and again, i forgot to put on the other armor, what a genius)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:45:10 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: November 01, 2017, 08:56:31 pm »

I'unno, my best off the cuff idea if you can't mine the calamity dirt stuff yet would be to set up a short range teleporter (or series of them, if you're terribly worried about the critter losing aggro and despawning), since the steampunker should be around somewhere. Just to outside the main area and/or to somewhere you can prepare the area for, set up an arena or whatev'. Probably going to want a fairly big boss fighting one down there at some point anyway, really.

Now, if you're trying to avoid terraforming hell, I don't think I can help much, heh. Trouble with bosses down there is as much area as effect, so "dig out a lot of space" is pretty immediate advice, ehehe.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: November 01, 2017, 09:04:27 pm »

i was close to killing it actually. but there's always a fucking thing i undersaw like not putting the correct armor or running out of food to help cover the fight. so yeah more material wasted. gonna have to buy a large stock of food to not get on the same mistake twice. its so infuriating. turns out it was better to change to the magic broom, not only becauseo f the extra summon damage but also because you can keep flying more time than in the wyvern and this thing isnt that fast actually. justhave to keep dodging and get enough regen to survive, i was close to getting a healing potion ready but without food the fight is horrible.

yeah i mined some ash blocks and used them to floor the area around the entrance. it has enough space to dodge her attacks. problem was not bringing enough consumables to keep myself covered during the fight.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: November 01, 2017, 09:49:27 pm »

ok had to spend a bit of stuff to fight the destroyer again because i ran out of hallowed bars. also crafted an item from Thorium called the Time Warp (its the cheap alternative for changing day and night). with that i fought the Illuminant Master and won the match. he dropped a Gastropod Staff. it gets the same damage as the Beholders but its single minions so i can get higher DPS (i hope).

gonna test those snails against the Brimestone Elemental now that she's the last boss before Plantera.

EDIT:

forgot to put the Frozen Core on but survived enough to kill her but yeah i barely did it actually, should have had that item i could ahve tanked well without getting saved from death but anyways, bitch is down and i can now buy her item just wish that she could be summoned in other parts of the underworld once she was defeated once. the trip is too long.

anyways. im gonna check my potion stock again. those bosses made me spend a lot of potions i could have saved for other fights. next stop is fighting Calamity. but first im gonna check what i can do with the drops of the elemental. no Rosy Stone so ima have to farm her more :/

EDIT2:

aaaaaand still no Rose Stone. gonna replenish my stock of potions and let stress sink out then try again. now that i have the Abaddon item is easier to farm her but she's still pretty tough. so much for a Waifu item...

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:28:35 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: November 02, 2017, 12:40:55 am »

harvested the required amount of souls and life fruit to craft the first health item, max life increased to 550. i dont know how much 50 health does as a difference during boss fights but still. while harvesting stuff from the jungle i discovered something called "primeval essence" which is a crafting material used for some summoner stuff. the guide tells that i can do a summoner armor out of this so im goingto keep farming mobs in the jungle until i have the required essence. the minions doesnt seem too convincing to be honest but  i want to check the armor. see if it does any difference with the full set compared to the Life Bloom armor im wearing.

been farming this girl but still no waifu drop. im gonna have to carry a large amount of summoning items or something. running to hell and beck on each fight only to not get anything is horrible.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: November 02, 2017, 06:37:37 am »

Re: Essence, there's a handful of the things. They're basically souls, though I think the spirit mod has a debuff that makes it easier for them to spawn? I'unno. Anyway, once you stick one into the guide where the rest show up will be easy enough to divine. Needed for a nice item or two, iirc. Least one material thingy that has the whole set as a component part.

And yeaaahh, farming the waifu drops can be a bit of a pain in the arse. I think I've killed the chaos stone one over a dozen times now with nothing to show for it except a bunch of boss drops shoved into the trash to clear up my inventory so I could get more boss drops to shove in the trash.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: November 02, 2017, 01:31:25 pm »

dug a hellevator right above the entrance to the crags but the spirit biome is choke full on mobs that pass through blocks so its a fucking nightmare to reach the place and start the bossfight. from 3 idols i bought i only won one fight and still no fucking item.

this is so annoying. even with calming potions i still see stuff cluttering the screen while in the descent and cant get to full health once in the site because there's fucking mobs spawning everywhere. i dont get why they had to make this boss so difficult to reach.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: November 02, 2017, 03:53:14 pm »

this gotta be the most ridiculous thing i've seen so far. farmed the Brimstone elemental several times, not a single time it dropped what i wanted. went to try an fight Plantera, almost win (goes too fast at the end of the fight, a single hit instapopped me, dafuq).

however, stayed some nights farming blighted eyes to summon Calamitas and won the fight. Abaddon helped much but it was the longest dodge fest i've been. so much stuff flying around, and the brothers reviving 2 times before that bitch died. the Wyvern was more than enough to dodge but i even lost the avoid death thing. wouldnt have survived if it would gone longer.

anyways. now that Calamitas (the false) has been defeated, Plantera is the next on the list.

she didnt drop the other item for the Heart of the Elements which is just disappointing because not only the fight was long but i ran out of potions again. it will take a time to get to fight her again. she dropped the Animosity legendary  gun, a throwing claw, a flamebuster (like a flamethrower pistol), a yoyo, a flamethrower and the expert mode accesory. it seems she drops a minion weapon too but i didnt get it (it probably doesnt have the same damage potential as the Gastropods but its worth checking).

gonna see how can i improve my equipment for further farm those 2 bosses for the waifu related materials. Plantera will probably require more effort to shutdown.

EDIT:

crafted the Void of Extinction accesory and warded it, that bonus damage to everything was a well needed thing, good to replace the Cryogen item, allthought i loose the inmunity to fall damage.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:16:08 pm by xaritscin »
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 887