Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 284121 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile

That's actually pretty awesome. A little off, which always happens. Using the code function allows you to circumvent that, though, I believe.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Treefingers

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.
    • View Profile

|  |  \_/ @  \_/  |  |
|  |__________|  |
 \                       /
   \___________/

The king's royal seal!
:D Haha! Thank you! (And the others above you, too)

I'll echo Dwarf4Explosives on the code tags. The font I'm using has squished the right side in.
Code: [Select]
Gives you a                   |/|
  monospaced                  |\|
    font that's much          |/|
      easier to line up.      |\|
You just don't get to see the end result while typing it. Have to test with the preview. :(

SpookyDoctor

• Bay Watcher
  • Ø
    • View Profile

We should have ASCII art Engraving contests.
Ø

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I really need a scanner, or a tablet. I spent at least thirty minutes touching up the image and it still looks like crap.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

I think it looks good, Loam!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite

I really need a scanner, or a tablet. I spent at least thirty minutes touching up the image and it still looks like crap.
I think we all share that dream...one day...one day  :-\
Oh n gj btw

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's hard to tell, what with the difference in art styles and all, but I think that may have surpassed the "Arthropodian Nightmare" drawing.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

[/quote]
I really like how you did the horns, it's completely different than any of the versions of them I came up with while brainstorming.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile

Here ya go guys. I've not been able to do much on here because of classwork and chronic laziness but here ya go!

masterful.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@DeferoMortis, you are a true master.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile

The Eotyrannus, Chief DAHRNOSAUWR cackles madly and begins to draw!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RUBAL

Boarbusted was unable to see it at first. He was looking down, between great pillars of muddied stone, where he knew that the tarantula's lair must be. Two of his fellows were already down there, pikes in hand. There was something... off, though. He'd heard tales of Rubal. They said that its name was from the hollow sacs of skin that were left of its victims, and that its mere presence filled the mind with negative thoughts. He didn't think that it would happen from this far away, though.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the great pillars of rock undulated once and then stood still once more.

The two serpent men, far below, moved nervously. And then one of them saw it.

The gentle movement of a massive fang was the first thing that gave it away. A few digestive acids were flicked off of the tip, scarring the land where it touched. Rubal stood, feeling the air with the two arm-like limbs on the front of its body, and then made up its mind.

One lizard man had dropped his weapon, gawking up at the beast above. The other had enough sense to flee for his life. Neither was going to live.

A sudden movement, and an impossibly large fang touched the ground. On the tip, a writhing serpent man had been speared. Boarbusted nearly threw up as he saw the slow inflation as the acids entered the body, and the corpse was starting to drip from the eyes before it suddenly and rapidly deflated as Rubal drained it dry. It flicked its fang, and the pile of half-digested tissues fell to the ground. It felt the air again, and massive footsteps wracked the landscape as it homed in on its catch. It moved effortlessly despite its great size, like a thundercloud dragging eight great pillars alongside it. It stopped, and once more, it speared the serpent man in a single movement. The second one died in agony, as had the first. The skin deflated once more, and Rubal flicked the leftovers into the air where they tumbled down the slope of one of the many great pillars that dotted the landscape.

Boarbusted gulped.

And charged.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice dual entry! It looks like it's trying to cover it's eyes with it's chelicerae, though. The adorableness of that, together with how you (in my opinion) nailed the look of such a monster, may make this one of the hardest rounds to vote on for me. I don't like the strange head of the serpent-man at the front (and the hole-thingy in the shield is kind of weird), but the rest of the background is excellent. The story is nice as well.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the compliments! The shield's hole-thingy is supposed to be one of those little lumps you get on the middle of it, but it could probably work as a hole as well. Took me a good while to figure out how I wanted the horns to look, before I decided that facing-back and lopsided horns would work.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Im pretty sure the "hole thing" is realistic for spears or shortswords, but its direction is wrong then. I still have no problem with it. I agree with the other guy though; this is gonna be a tough vote...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 87