Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1219597 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i swear when they are thrown from a bush they dont actually appear till they are half way to me already :(

My problem with them is they're about 3-4x wider than they appear to be.  There are several skill shot projectiles in the game like this.  Riot really needs to adjust the graphics to reflect the actual size of the hitboxes.  So many times, I will be acting on pure reflex to dodge one of those things as tightly as possible because I'm trying to maneuver efficiently in the middle of combat, and I'll get hit because I forget that the spear is actually an entire tree in disguise.
That'd be nice. It's like how effects like MF's Make it Rain and Cho'gath's Rupture now have little outlines. Do that for skillshots too.

They pretty much have already done that with Xerath. That said, I really don't like that they did that. It takes the skill out of actually avoiding a skill shot. MF's Make It Rain is okay, because it's sustained damage. Cho'Gath's Rupture is NOT because it's not sustained damage. It's burst damage. You can walk back into Make It Rain and take minor damage. If you have a line showing you the spear's path, it's far too easy to avoid. Xerath's line is sort of okay because it's instantaneous.

I really don't like how they did that with Rupture. Frankly, it was decently easy to avoid even before the targeting circle (unless Cho'Gath cast it from the brush, because that cancels out the sound cue).
Also often called Boowells.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I don't need a line showing the flight path of the object.  I just need the object to look as wide as it actually is.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

The lines would be unnecessary for the skillshots if their hitbox matched their model. So many things hit way too easily. Nidalee's spears are spears, so make the hitboxes to be spears too and not wide as cars.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't need a line showing the flight path of the object.  I just need the object to look as wide as it actually is.

Alright, yeah. Nidalee's spear shot looks like it should be as wide as Olaf's axe throw, but it really isn't.
Also often called Boowells.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i swear when they are thrown from a bush they dont actually appear till they are half way to me already :(

My problem with them is they're about 3-4x wider than they appear to be.  There are several skill shot projectiles in the game like this.  Riot really needs to adjust the graphics to reflect the actual size of the hitboxes.  So many times, I will be acting on pure reflex to dodge one of those things as tightly as possible because I'm trying to maneuver efficiently in the middle of combat, and I'll get hit because I forget that the spear is actually an entire tree in disguise.
That'd be nice. It's like how effects like MF's Make it Rain and Cho'gath's Rupture now have little outlines. Do that for skillshots too.

They pretty much have already done that with Xerath. That said, I really don't like that they did that. It takes the skill out of actually avoiding a skill shot

It takes the knowledge out of avoiding a skill shot. The veteran can correctly avoid the Nidalee spear using his superior knowledge, whereas a novice, no matter how gifted, will not necessarily achieve the same result using the visual cues provided by the game. It's a matter of design philosophy - leave in the rough edges here and there, letting the players figure out the nuances on their own, or create a more consistent gaming experience where the mechanics and visuals blend seamlessly together.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

The GP one actually looks pretty good
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

In other news,
Welcome to the League of Draven.
I love how in the last picture even the small friendlist icon has been modified.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I'm a fan of Dravraka.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Dravdalee will give me nightmares.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

So it seems like PFE is getting his own patch tonight. See you in a week, Jayce!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile

Alright, yeah. Nidalee's spear shot looks like it should be as wide as Olaf's axe throw, but it really isn't.
Mundo's Infected Cleaver appears to be fairly small, but then you realize he's actually tossing mid sized sedans at you...
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Well apparently something is broke now and when a Dominion game starts (havent tried SR), it doesn't actually start loading when the timer in the lobby runs out, you're just stuck discussing how retarded Pantheon's new portrait is with 4 other people until someone from either team bails out. Had this happen 3 times in a row, guess I'll wait a bit before starting a new game.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Well apparently something is broke now and when a Dominion game starts (havent tried SR), it doesn't actually start loading when the timer in the lobby runs out, you're just stuck discussing how retarded Pantheon's new portrait is with 4 other people until someone from either team bails out. Had this happen 3 times in a row, guess I'll wait a bit before starting a new game.
No.

Everything's broke.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

An unnecessarily rushed patch which broke everything and added nothing important, but removed Viktor's best feature. Don't play today, wait till they have fixed all of it.

In other news, yesterday when I played Mordekaisi, I saw a X^Z who actually focused my ghost instead of me. People never focus the ghost. I have no idea why this Xin did, because the particular ghost he focused wasn't very deadly. But if I ult and ghost someone like Trynd or Kog, they ignore it. Attack Morde, ignore the carry who rapes you. Oh, low on hp because I didn't focus the ghost? Nah, can't be, it was Mordekaiser himself who dealt all of the dmg.
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 1067