Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803582 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Fallout 3 with mods
« Reply #870 on: June 23, 2015, 10:37:45 am »

Using the boots of blinding speed + some constant effect levitation turns you into a jet plane :v, all you need is to look at the minimap and see where you're going.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 23, 2015, 10:38:30 am »

One thing that bothers me about FO4. The vault jumpsuit. It looks... weird. Like it really fits too tight.

I mean it looks more similar to the originals, but I always liked the look of vault jumpsuits in NV and FO3. A bit more comfy to wear.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 23, 2015, 11:09:31 am »

Heads up for anyone who didn't already know, but you can begin preordering Fallout 4 on Steam. Just saw the pop up myself.

This is going to be a painful year for my wallet; both the Heart of Thorns expansion for Guild Wars 2 and Fallout 4 are going to make a bit of a dent.
Ugh, yea. I bought Heart of thorns, myself, and then ended up buying my girlfriend the game as well so that we could play together. TFW it's the same price to upgrade as it is to buy a brand new copy...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 23, 2015, 11:19:59 am »

I kinda enjoyed the amount of stuff there was to do in Skyrim. All the little outposts made the world feel alive to me, and I spent a great deal of time trekking on foot to discover caves, or cross plains and swampland, that it didn't always feel super saturated, but thats just me.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 23, 2015, 11:20:08 am »

One thing that bothers me about FO4. The vault jumpsuit. It looks... weird. Like it really fits too tight.

I mean it looks more similar to the originals, but I always liked the look of vault jumpsuits in NV and FO3. A bit more comfy to wear.
There are a few other objects in FO4 that look more like their counterparts in FO1/FO2 than FO3. Vertibirds in Fallout 4 now have the dragonfly-esque canopy they had in Fallout 2. The Nuka-Cola vending machine from the trailer is also slightly similar to its FO1 counterpart.

It seems that Bethesda's artists decided to splice the old and the new designs when they were designing Fallout 4 props.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 23, 2015, 06:50:35 pm »

Skyrim truly was too saturated, though. I feel like Morrowind hit the right balance, aside from having significantly more entertaining travel methods (that actually improved as the game went along. You got faster, you got access to better spells, etc.) there were enough things in the game world that you'd run into them often enough, but they were spread far enough that finding one felt like a genuine discovery. On the contrast, I can't help but sigh when I play Skyrim and see eight markers on my compass.

Actually, I think that's the issue. The compass that tells you about all the locations before you've found them. If FO4 has a similar mechanic, I'll see if I can find or make myself a mod that gets rid of the unfound locations markers.

It's not like Morrowind was perfect, either. Some thing (especially the shrine of Moon and Stars) was a enormous pain in the ass to find. Though that also made it more enjoyable when you did find it.

Exploring in Morrowind is fun, in Skyrim it isn't, since you know where everything is before you find it anyway.
Actually, I think that's the difference. If I were to describe the paths you take, Skyrim is full of straight lines from locaton to location, looking at the compass more than the actual screen. In Morrowind you meander, get distracted, spot something interesting and go over to check it out. You meander, you actually search for things, and since it isn't as saturated finding something's a genuinejoy. I remember the first time I played Morrowind I stumbled onto a Daedric Shrine all by myself and was like "Whoaaah, this place is awesome. I wonder what I can find?"
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 23, 2015, 07:00:42 pm »

also do not preorder, preording digital stuff is universally dumb and purposeless

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 23, 2015, 07:25:19 pm »

also do not preorder, preording digital stuff is universally dumb and purposeless
Or at the very least wait until there's a special preorder bonus edition announced so there'll be at least a smidgen of porpoise to doing so.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 23, 2015, 07:36:57 pm »

Or at the very least wait until there's a special preorder bonus edition announced so there'll be at least a smidgen of porpoise to doing so.

SPECIAL NEVER BEFORE SEEN CAMO-SKINNED SNIPER RIFLE

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 23, 2015, 07:43:24 pm »

SPECIAL EXTRA-BUGGY LAUNCH VERSION

3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 23, 2015, 07:50:24 pm »

except that that's also kinda true

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 23, 2015, 07:52:15 pm »

SPECIAL EXTRA-BUGGY LAUNCH VERSION

We'll be lucky if Day 1 the game doesn't crash before finishing the intro video.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 23, 2015, 07:58:41 pm »

except that that's also kinda true

Except we don't know that. It's not an unreasonable assumption given Bethesda's track record, but it's also not a universal law that Bethesda games must be unplayable at launch.

3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 23, 2015, 08:01:39 pm »

It's a single player game. What possible reason is there to preorder and play day 1? If you have more than 100 games in your Steam library then you have more than 100 reasons to delay purchase until it's patched.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 23, 2015, 08:09:31 pm »

The reasons are twofold:
  • Playing a game on launch day is a special thing. It's sort of been degraded because you aren't standing in line for it any more, but it's a nostalgia hit. It also gives you a good baseline to measure mods &c. against, and if you're motivated you can help catalog the bugs.
  • If you don't play it at its worst you can't be a condescending e-geezer when people complain about later, lesser issues.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 462