Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 811184 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Fallout 3 with mods
« Reply #840 on: June 22, 2015, 02:54:45 pm »

According to the map in the first post, if it's at least NV sized then I'll be able to find my house.
I heard three times the size of skyrim is what they are going for. Which is pretty huge.

That was from a leak that was fake as shit.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 22, 2015, 05:43:08 pm »

We did have some distance shots of Boston which gave perspective, though, and people figured out where Vault 111 is. Given that they probably wouldn't put the Vault at the edge of the map and wouldn't make a bunch of the map be ocean, that gives us a decent minimum estimate of dimensions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 22, 2015, 07:23:01 pm »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 22, 2015, 08:31:55 pm »

We did have some distance shots of Boston which gave perspective, though, and people figured out where Vault 111 is. Given that they probably wouldn't put the Vault at the edge of the map and wouldn't make a bunch of the map be ocean, that gives us a decent minimum estimate of dimensions.

A completely unverified approximation (that may have been pulled from the ass dimension) based off of those methods is for 30 sq. miles. Twice Skyrim and change. Quasi-reliable source.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 22, 2015, 09:45:15 pm »

I think the area for D.C in Fallout 3, while accurate, was reduced in size wasn't it? Things like the Jefferson memorial and the strip with the museums and capitol building are a greater distance away from each other than they were in game, yes?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 22, 2015, 10:13:31 pm »

hilariously

every single one of Bethesda's games except Daggerfall have gigantic amounts of spatial compression so that they don't be like... daggerfall.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 22, 2015, 11:45:51 pm »

I wonder; while it is very unlikely, what would people think if Bethesda did the map in Fallout 4 like it was in Fallout 1? A large map that you travel across to specific locations that are on their own area maps. Because of the greater distance between areas, could it allow for larger variation in themes and environments as they wouldn't be directly connected to each other?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 23, 2015, 12:15:02 am »

Given that Fallout 3 and NV had a large open world and Bethesda seems to like doing those, I find it extremely unlikely.

Wasteland 2 is where it's at if you want Fallout 1 style travel.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #848 on: June 23, 2015, 12:51:00 am »

No, Putnam's pretty much right on the point.
Nope, he/she is not.
I'm saying having a voice actor attempting to portray my murderous psychopath will detract from the game's immersion. They are arguing that that is not the case. Unfortunately, it is.
For you. Others don't care. Opinions sure are fun, huh?
hilariously

every single one of Bethesda's games except Daggerfall have gigantic amounts of spatial compression so that they don't be like... daggerfall.
Daggerfall had removed text and mechanics that would've allowed you to be a hooker. FO4 mod when.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 23, 2015, 01:21:48 am »

hilariously

Yup. It's not the size, kids, it's how much unique stuff you fit in.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 23, 2015, 02:17:07 am »

hilariously

Also, it takes several minutes to traverse one pixel of the Daggerfall map, making the huge expansive world largely theoretical since it'd be impossible (for any sane person) to beat the game without instantly fast-travelling to every destination anyway.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 23, 2015, 02:33:08 am »

The thread title should be "Fallout 4: Skyrim with guns".
Fallout 3 was "Oblivion with guns", so the next game's title is pretty obvious.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 23, 2015, 02:42:00 am »

hilariously

Also, it takes several minutes to traverse one pixel of the Daggerfall map, making the huge expansive world largely theoretical since it'd be impossible (for any sane person) to beat the game without instantly fast-travelling to every destination anyway.

If the Beth games didn't have a terribru engine you could use vehicles of some description. :v
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 23, 2015, 03:37:16 am »

I thought horses basically were medieval vehicles? There were boats in Daggerfall and in some parts of Morrowind, and carts in Skyrim as well (although the latter two were basically fast travel systems).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 23, 2015, 03:50:22 am »

Given the way horses work in Skyrim... Yeah, I'm fine with walking thank you very much.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 462