Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804482 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: To Queue or Not To Queue
« Reply #960 on: June 28, 2015, 07:04:28 pm »

Heh.

Also being able to kill kids. Or kids appearing at all.

One of my fondest memories of FO2 is shooting the brains out of the kid who pickpockets you.

Maybe I shouldn't say fondest.

Also selling your shotgun wife / husband to slavery. Hehehehe.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 28, 2015, 07:15:50 pm »

Heh.

One of my fondest memories of FO2 is shooting the brains out of the kid who pickpockets you.

*Miria misses yet another shot with her SMG*

BEHOLD THE PRICE OF FAILURE.

But that's why I got the Miria mod, she actually gets some skill in small guns so she's not just a pretty face/meatshield/convenient source of money.
Also, if you want those kids in the Den to stop pickpocketing you, just punch one in the face. Restraint, son. Or reverse pickpocket a live bomb into their inventories.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 28, 2015, 07:28:58 pm »

I think you can also join him and become a super mutant, actually.

You get offered that earlier, I believe it's the Lieutenant. I don't think the Master makes a second offer after that.

You can talk to the Master before Lou.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 28, 2015, 07:45:10 pm »

Heh.

*Miria misses yet another shot with her SMG*

BEHOLD THE PRICE OF FAILURE.

But that's why I got the Miria mod, she actually gets some skill in small guns so she's not just a pretty face/meatshield/convenient source of money.
Also, if you want those kids in the Den to stop pickpocketing you, just punch one in the face. Restraint, son. Or reverse pickpocket a live bomb into their inventories.
I was quite young when I played it. It really is one of my fondest memories as it was my first playthrough of the game and since this was back when the internet wasn't a real thing (at least where I was) I had no clue what this game was about.

All I knew was that it was an RPG with guns.

Until I reached that point the game was fairly standard. Other than the fact that you could get washed at a bathhouse if you know what I mean (I had no clue what was really happening back then. I was wondering why you'd pay people to wash you).

Then I got to the Den and one of the first thing that happens is some kid runs up and steals your shit. I go apeshit and shoot him. Then he dies. Then inevitably I have to kill everyone who saw this.

So I basically killed everyone in the Den and continued the game as usual. Even beat the game and the ending credits told me how the Den got owned. I missed out on everything that happened in that town because I murdered everyone.

It might not seem like a big deal to the modern day gamer but this was a massive deal to me. I'd never played a game where I could do that before and the game even accounted for me murdering everyone. So much freedom. If it was a JRPG it would probably have been something where I would chase the thief down and eventually she (it's always a she) would join my party. Here I fucking killed him. Then I had to kill everyone else. The epilogue was especially important as it emphasized to me how much I fucked over that town. Even today I struggle to think of other games where this can happen naturally without scripting.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 28, 2015, 09:48:25 pm »

Wait.

That place doesn't give baths? I am slow. And also need to play fallout 1 and 2 :P

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 28, 2015, 10:44:43 pm »

YOU DISGUST ME
HAVEN'T PLAYED FO1/FO2
DIS
GUST
ING
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 28, 2015, 10:58:52 pm »

I haven't played those games either. They're just too old. I remember loving Fallout 3 for all the stuff I could do, especially considering how big the world was.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 29, 2015, 02:49:31 am »

What I really miss about Fallout 3 is that traditional Fallout ending in which you learn about the fates of the people and the places you visited and met. It really made the games feel bigger to me and FO3 didn't have it.

New Vegas did tho. I hope FO4 has it also.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 29, 2015, 03:15:55 am »

What I really miss about Fallout 3 is that traditional Fallout ending ...
... and FO3 didn't have it.

Uh?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 29, 2015, 06:27:04 am »

He means he misses it in F3.
Love, scriver~

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 29, 2015, 06:35:33 am »

Yep. Fo3 had a shitty ending cutscene that told you nothing about the world at large. Just a dude narrating about your final choice.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 29, 2015, 01:17:38 pm »

If I was writing FO4, the main character would finally be a ghoul. A pre-war ghoul.

You'd play the first two hours in pre-war society / vault after the outset of the war. The game would get gradually weirder and weirder with small hints that the player character is insane. Then there would be a breakdown and the character would find himself as a ghoul from MIT laboratory. It would turn out that he is a feral ghoul who has been experimented upon and made conscious again, pulling him away from his happy delusions of living with his family.

The main plot would have the character finding the ruins of his pre-war life and what happened to his family. Ten he'd have to decide whether to be a smoothskin bootlicker, go all pro-ghoul, try to balance the societies or just go fuck everything. Fuck everything might involve putting up your own society and settlement.

Oh well, one can wish. Betheseda has horrible writers so the main plot will likely  be utter shit, like with FO3.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 30, 2015, 03:00:45 am »

YOU DISGUST ME
HAVEN'T PLAYED FO1/FO2
DIS
GUST
ING
I've tried, and they have not aged well. The control scheme is absolutely awful and the graphics, in addition to having the low resolution typical of that era of game production, are also just not very well made in general.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 30, 2015, 03:07:56 am »

I wonder if there'll be any eccentric Mendez-esque preachers in this installment, like we had Confessor Cromwell in FO3 and Jason Bright in FNV
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 30, 2015, 04:35:52 am »

I dunno, I really enjoyed FO1/FO2. One of the few games that make me honestly feel like I'm going on my own adventure.

Yep. Fo3 had a shitty ending cutscene that told you nothing about the world at large. Just a dude narrating about your final choice.
And that is why I like NV. NV went, "yeah your decision was cool and all but DUDE THE WASTES MAN"
For example, if you rushed through it? You realized that THE ENTIRE WASTELAND IS FUCKED
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 462