Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803585 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #1665 on: July 27, 2015, 10:08:46 am »

Karma meters put the focus on binary good/evil actions. I think a broader reputation system would be more interesting. Your actions could give you specific reputations if you leave witnesses, like Cold Hearted Killer, Kleptomaniac, or Fortune Seeker. Then specific reputations could open or close different quest lines (speech skill/perk could be used to convince people that they've heard the wrong thing about you). This sort of thing would lead to more weightiness to your actions.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: July 27, 2015, 10:12:34 am »

"Hm... Well, it appears you've murdered every single person you've come across after helping them, regardless of their goals, and subsequently robbed them all blind... You leave no traces of your crimes, and there's only ever a single witness to them. That... doesn't seem promising.
What's that? The 'only witnesses' to your crimes are dirty, filthy, stinking liars and you would never do anything to the poor dwellers of this wasteland we live in?
...[SUCCEEDED] You're hired. Welcome to the NCR."
Black lives matter.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: July 27, 2015, 10:13:16 am »

For me, the ending slides are the most important aspect of a fallout game as they bring a sense of closure to the whole arrangement, with a faint glimmer of what happens after the game. The lack of them was what killed Fallout 3 for me. The stupid plot, the idiotic morality, all of those were things I was willing to tolerate. But I was genuinely interested in what happened with the world after I finished only to have a really stupid ending about sacrifice or somesuch tripe.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: July 27, 2015, 12:43:17 pm »

NV's was my favorite thing in the game.
And I LOVED NV. Its ending slides mattered to me, because it dictated whether I had, in my mind, fucked up or not. Moral Code: ENFORCED ON CRIMINALS

Didn't do OWB's stealth puzzles? Good job, assclown, place is now damn near uninhabitable. I made sure I finished it next time.

I do wonder if FO4 will have the serious tinge of fucked-up-ness as NV did, especially with the DLCs. Which is why I killed the Think Tank.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: July 27, 2015, 12:52:09 pm »

Didn't do OWB's stealth puzzles? Good job, assclown, place is now damn near uninhabitable. I made sure I finished it next time.
Wait what?  *Checks wiki*
... Criminy, most of these OWB ending slides are just stupid.  I know Big MT is supposed to be creepy and advanced but, even if you DO the stealth tests the facility goes mobile and full GLaDOS.  It's arguably worse, and both results are completely arbitrary.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: July 27, 2015, 01:30:09 pm »

the ending only changes based on your Galactic Readiness or whatever it was called

NO IT DOESN'T

ONLY THING AFFECTING THE ENDING IS COLOR CHOICE.

BECAUSE FUCK ALL THOSE OTHER CHOICES YOU MADE.

BFEL BITTERNESS PERCENTAGE: ERROR, SCALE EXPLODED
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: July 27, 2015, 01:57:41 pm »

the ending only changes based on your Galactic Readiness or whatever it was called

NO IT DOESN'T

ONLY THING AFFECTING THE ENDING IS COLOR CHOICE.

BECAUSE FUCK ALL THOSE OTHER CHOICES YOU MADE.

BFEL BITTERNESS PERCENTAGE: ERROR, SCALE EXPLODED

Nah, you get more colours to choose from!

Also, it might be that ending mod, but there are slight changes if you're ready enough. Less destruction, more rebuilding or whatnot.
But yeah, I'm not gonna argue. The ending was disappointing as hell. So many choices carried over from previous mass effects. So many new choices. Almost everything came back to help or bite you. Then, it all amassed into Galactic Readiness numbers, which ultimately decided whether you could choose between the colours or be forced to pick one.

Yep. I really doubt Bethesda can screw it up that much, even if they're copying the dialogue wheel. (I'd still prefer more options over voiced ones though.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: July 31, 2015, 12:24:46 pm »

So, it seems android Shelter will come out August 13th. There's also an update with deathclaw invasions and molerats infestations, and a Mr. Handy that goes around auto-collecting your base resources (and apparently can also send to the wasteland?). It would seem the robot will be an in-app purchase, worst case scenario it will have a limited lifespan, best case would be a one-time purchase :P

Not that there's a lot to do while waiting for people to come back with money other than clicking on the various resource buildings.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: July 31, 2015, 01:21:50 pm »

For me, the ending slides are the most important aspect of a fallout game as they bring a sense of closure to the whole arrangement, with a faint glimmer of what happens after the game. The lack of them was what killed Fallout 3 for me. The stupid plot, the idiotic morality, all of those were things I was willing to tolerate. But I was genuinely interested in what happened with the world after I finished only to have a really stupid ending about sacrifice or somesuch tripe.
The one reason I don't go back to Fallout 3 is the color palette. I know NV's color palette isn't much better, but it's just one of those weird subjective reasons I can't enjoy the game. It's like the reason I couldn't watch The Corpse Bride was because half of the movie had this blue filter over it that I hated.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: July 31, 2015, 02:11:00 pm »

The one reason I don't go back to Fallout 3 is the color palette. I know NV's color palette isn't much better, but it's just one of those weird subjective reasons I can't enjoy the game. It's like the reason I couldn't watch The Corpse Bride was because half of the movie had this blue filter over it that I hated.
I find that a lighting mod that removes the filter is a must-have. After that, FO3 becomes actually playable for my puny pre-war eyes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: July 31, 2015, 03:08:54 pm »

Well, I can't use mods on the only copy of FO3 I can play, because it's on the Xbox 360. Although, I could always try downloading it onto my laptop and then trying to find a No-Steam crack so I can transfer it to my PC.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 31, 2015, 03:14:49 pm »

FO3 is too outdated or some bollocks for my laptop. Good thing Tale Of Two Wastelands works!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: July 31, 2015, 03:18:02 pm »

My laptop is a pile of crap that barely runs Crypt of the Necrodancer. Although somehow it manages to run The Talos Principle just fine on decent graphics so I have no idea. It definitely wouldn't be able to run FO3, though. It can't really run Oblivion, so...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: July 31, 2015, 03:45:01 pm »

My laptop is a pile of crap that barely runs Crypt of the Necrodancer. Although somehow it manages to run The Talos Principle just fine on decent graphics so I have no idea. It definitely wouldn't be able to run FO3, though. It can't really run Oblivion, so...
If it can't run Oblivion, it is a safe bet it won't run FO3. They use the same engine and I doubt there was much done in terms of optimization.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: July 31, 2015, 04:19:09 pm »

If it can't run Oblivion, it is a safe bet it won't run FO3. They use the same engine and I doubt there was much done in terms of optimization.
FO3 was a Games for Windows game so Vista only, complete bitch to get it running on windows 7.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 462