Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804297 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: P R E L O A D I N G
« Reply #2670 on: November 07, 2015, 01:15:05 am »

...To be fair, Azura's lack of ability to interfere in that kind of... uh. does have to do with. some hilariously phallic object. being stuck into something.

and vivec was never heard from again, true story

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: November 07, 2015, 01:24:24 am »

Anyone else having a problem ordering Fallout 4 from GMG? I really want that 20% off, but it keeps giving me errors when trying to process the payment.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 07, 2015, 01:37:14 am »

Wait, did you have an argument about the merits of NV again?

That's like what, 5th time on this thread?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: November 07, 2015, 01:47:42 am »

Don't complain, just say "All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again." ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 07, 2015, 02:20:16 am »

I've only played FO3 but NV is way better.
this is my actual opinion
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: November 07, 2015, 02:37:33 am »

Don't complain, just say "All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again." ;)
No, I am just gathering data for my thesis, titled "The Effects of FO4 Hype Train on Internet Discussion".  :P

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: November 07, 2015, 03:41:53 am »

So am I the only one passing on this till there is a serious discount? I expect FO4 to be beautiful but hollow like most Bethesda games. The simplified dialogue system has me the most worried to be honest, considering how shitty writing Bethesda always does anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: November 07, 2015, 03:56:29 am »

It is almost like we love the entire series including New Vegas or something.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: November 07, 2015, 04:07:40 am »

Preordered on the torrentmarket, waiting for preloading.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:12:39 am by RoguelikeRazuka »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: November 07, 2015, 04:51:30 am »

So am I the only one passing on this till there is a serious discount? I expect FO4 to be beautiful but hollow like most Bethesda games. The simplified dialogue system has me the most worried to be honest, considering how shitty writing Bethesda always does anyway.
The 20/22% off deals on GMG are better than anything you're likely to see until Summer 2017, I'd say.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: November 07, 2015, 06:16:17 am »

The 20/22% off deals on GMG are better than anything you're likely to see until Summer 2017, I'd say.
this, pretty much

Preordered on the torrentmarket, waiting for preloading.
boo

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: November 07, 2015, 06:19:11 am »

It is almost like we love the entire series including New Vegas or something.
I know, it's scary.

My personal favourite always has and always will be the Fallout 1 demo.  ;)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: November 07, 2015, 06:46:44 am »

They are all a mixed bag for me.

Fallout 2, for example, is the one I think is the best made in terms of how things go together and creating what felt like a living world. Yet it probably has just about the worst plotline... and I will even contend that it was worse then Fallout 3s.

Fallout 1, however, has the best main story and frankly... the only one I think that gets a personal pass by me. Yet was kind of clunky and unpolished.

Fallout 3 outright had the best encounter system in the series (if you didn't have DLC... which broke it), but it had way too much of an excuse plot and relied on a lot of prior knowledge of fallout to function. Plus it also made many of the weapons feel unique and interesting, often having abilities and uses that you had to experiment to discover.

New Vegas had the best DLC of all the Fallouts and is the highlight to the extreme. Mini pockets of fun. Otherwise the game didn't do anything better then the previous fallout, but it didn't do anything as bad. The DLC fixes the "side plots are weak" issue.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: November 07, 2015, 07:33:59 am »

Of course not, I am too. Then again, I'm also passing on it until I get a computer that can run it.

On the upside, it has also helped me overcoming the urge to preorder the game. Then again it has also made me look a lot at new computers lately.

They are all a mixed bag for me.

Fallout 2, for example, is the one I think is the best made in terms of how things go together and creating what felt like a living world. Yet it probably has just about the worst plotline... and I will even contend that it was worse then Fallout 3s.

Which is very strange of you given that F3 was just F2's plot regurgitated into a more nonsensical form.
Love, scriver~

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: November 07, 2015, 07:37:40 am »

I dreamt I was flying in a Vertibird today. Then someone fired a rocket at me.
Then I couldn't sleep anymore, and I have an annoying english test today. AND IT'S SATURDAY.

Please, people, calm your hype down. It's affecting the global collective unconscious or something.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 462