Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804420 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #3915 on: November 21, 2015, 02:59:24 pm »

I thought I'd stick with Dogmeat, but I'm giving Valentine a try and digging him.  No spoilers, but I do like his reactions to the Mysterious Stranger appearing.  I assume other companions react too, but just feels so appropriate with him.

Also one time I cancelled out of VATS just as the stranger appeared...  He didn't take the killshot, I think I hurt his feelings ):
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:04:39 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: November 21, 2015, 03:17:44 pm »

To be fair, you don't look like a SOLDIER. You look more like an AVATAR OF DEATH.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: November 21, 2015, 03:29:57 pm »

To be fair, you don't look like a SOLDIER. You look more like an AVATAR OF DEATH.

The BOS discriminates against avatars of death.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: November 21, 2015, 03:37:02 pm »

Wow. I'm watching some videos from Sarcastic playthroughs. It's a whole new game/experience.

The best line is probably:
- Why are you here?
- [Sarcastic] Uh..I'm here to pick up an order. Two large pepperoni and a calzone. Name is "Fuck You".
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: November 21, 2015, 04:15:25 pm »

The BOS discriminates against avatars of death.

I just want the Commonwealth to be a safe space!
#triggered #noliterallyipulledthetrigger

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: November 21, 2015, 05:07:57 pm »

I've finished it at level 50.

I'm not sure how people can have a problem with the writing here and look back at FO3 as a positive example. Unless they miss the goofyness, I guess.

Now, if I put together everything correctly (since I couldn't really just ask anyone directly about these things), the true villain of the story is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Think I'll replay it with a melee build, see how viable that is since I spent most of the game creeping around and shooting headshots.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: November 21, 2015, 05:14:13 pm »

Melee is actually fairly viable, especially with VATS and some of the later perks. There's one that lets you target people with melee attacks in VATS from about 25 meters away :P.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: November 21, 2015, 05:45:04 pm »

so, i did the quest the big digg.
during the quest, you have to herd 3 lobotomized npc through narrow tunnels.
two times i had to reload an early save because one of them got stuck, once i got killed because i was surrounded by the friendly npc, unable to move or hit the hostile npc.
once the final "door" did not open.
the final conversation was not triggerd, giving me no choice how to end the quest.
the legendary weapon did not drop.
after finishing the quest, the questgiver went hostile.

so noone say again this isnt the spirit of fallout here. quests broken like the classics, 10/10, would pirate next time.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: November 21, 2015, 06:13:01 pm »

I've finished it at level 50.

I'm not sure how people can have a problem with the writing here and look back at FO3 as a positive example. Unless they miss the goofyness, I guess.

Now, if I put together everything correctly (since I couldn't really just ask anyone directly about these things), the true villain of the story is

Think I'll replay it with a melee build, see how viable that is since I spent most of the game creeping around and shooting headshots.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: November 21, 2015, 06:25:56 pm »

I would say the true villain of the story is mankind in general. And more specifically, the inability of those with strong beliefs to accept anything other then total destruction of those who don't share those beliefs.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: November 21, 2015, 06:27:10 pm »

Melee looks pretty viable. Been watching Elohim on twitch do a melee only build, and he seems to be doing pretty massive damage most of the time (although he does have a ranged sniper companion with him). It also seems like power armour can be more-or-less permanently worn, with fusion cores being a non-limit for its use.
It's a game. Have fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: November 21, 2015, 06:27:51 pm »

I would say the true villain of the story is mankind in general. And more specifically, the inability of those with strong beliefs to accept anything other then total destruction of those who don't share those beliefs.

insert quote about war here
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: November 21, 2015, 06:30:58 pm »

Or the inability of the writers to make an ending involving any sort of compromise between factions.

I really like the game, and I like the story better than the one in Fallout 3, but Bethesda still hasn't really come into their own when it comes to writing plots. Or dialogue.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: November 21, 2015, 07:07:06 pm »

ok, that was just very awsome:

wearing my x-01 and some serious firepower, i stumble in some complex, 4 duders went all aggro on me. i take one down with one headshot - the other 3 panic and flee, try to hide.
thats something i always thoguth leaking in the ai of games: agressive npc showing fear and trying to disengage if at a servere disadvantage. havnt realy seen this done well before.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: November 21, 2015, 07:08:25 pm »

That's why Obsidian really needs to get that sequel to New Vegas in gear...
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 462