Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 803582 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4080 on: November 25, 2015, 08:04:42 am »

Is it really worth it upgrading your initial set of power amor?  Or do later models just so utterly eclipse even a buffed out T-45?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: November 25, 2015, 08:09:52 am »

Codsworth has decided to suddenly hate me, for some reason.
Love, scriver~

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: November 25, 2015, 08:12:00 am »

yes but no.
the mats you need to upgrade the t-45 are abundant. but by the time you have the perks to upgrade it much, you will have a better power armor.
still, the upgrades you can do should be worth it. iirc its almost only steel you need.

edith sais:
checked it, repairs are cheap for t-45, but upgrades arent. aluminium will be rare once you start doing a lot of armor upgrades, and more fancy weapon mods need that stuff too. you can buy alu in diamond city tho.
guess it depends how much you use that armor. personally i only started using P.A a lot when i already had a t-60
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:18:54 am by motorbitch »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: November 25, 2015, 08:50:36 am »

Yeah, just save your mats. The full set of X-01 I mentioned finding earlier you might not actually encounter through random exploration, but the other full set you almost certainly will, and it's only behind a mid-difficulty terminal.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: November 25, 2015, 09:04:06 am »

There was a question that reffered to power armour linings under the mod slots? It refers to the upgrade, like t45f. It refers to the f.
Its pretty silly but expect that from beth.
Yeah the first explosive weapon I got was a combat shotty and it owns everything and can even blow down braced doors.
Oh and any legendary (insert type here) ghoul just shoot a leg until its lame then the melee the head, saves ammo and life.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: November 25, 2015, 11:22:19 am »

Aluminum cans and such are quite common. I'm having adhesive shortages in general and I pick up all the glue and duct tape.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: November 25, 2015, 11:32:44 am »

Anyone else following the adventures of fort ginger?
Spoilers in the videos I guess but idk I've read through this thread.

I am. I watch all Robbaz videos as soon as I can, and I watch his old playlists too. I'll soon run out of stuff to watch.  :'(

The obvious tip about mats, is that..never forget to mark the resources you need. You'd be surprised how, when exploring, you bump into good stuff like aluminum, circuitry, copper.
I played half the game not knowing that dinner trays converts to like 3 aluminum or something, and that coffee mugs converts to ceramic (DERP). And I remember there's a factory that probably used to produce trays, because the conveyor belts are full of them.

Later in the game, if you have got the "caps finder" (Luck 1) perks and discount (char 1) perks, buying shipments is usually worth it (even though adhesive is expensive, so if you're not lazy it's better to plant crops).
I was making a lot of money just from "caps finder" perk, so I'd use "surplus" caps on shipments of steel, wood, copper, adhesive, etc. Really worth it if you don't have the patience to stop doing quests and dedicate time to scavanging exclusively. I couldn't find/remember where to buy shipments of aluminum, though, so power armor upgrades would eat through aluminum really quickly.

E: I'm playing very casually on a new character on survival mode. It's really good. But damn it can be stressful when something sponges through all your ammo and you're left thinking if you can survive the next adventure or not.  :P I'm making melee this time, but I don't plan on playing more than a couple hours per week.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:39:54 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: November 25, 2015, 11:46:21 am »

Aluminum cans and such are quite common. I'm having adhesive shortages in general and I pick up all the glue and duct tape.
Trust me, aluminum becomes more and more scarce as your crafting perks go up. Adhesive is never common, and screws/cork/leather will be problematic from time to time, but at 4 Guns/Science/Armorer you need hundreds of units of aluminum to do all the upgrades you want.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: November 25, 2015, 12:01:12 pm »

A lot of stuff needs aluminum, yes, but anywhere with raiders is going to be filled with cans, and there are lots of places with raiders. Adhesive's only really common in maybe 3 places I've found, and otherwise it's scattered about, which means a lot less targeted raids and a lot more roaming.
Nothing important here, move along.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: November 25, 2015, 12:14:34 pm »

Use your settlements to plant corn, mutfruit and tatos, with another settlement that's on the waterfront to purify mass amounts of water. 3 corn, 3 tatos, 3 mutfruit and 1 purified water makes veggie starch, which gives you 5 adhesives each. I haven't run into adhesive shortages in a long time. I also have a ton of excess water being produced for trading.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:17:28 pm by Vorbicon »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: November 25, 2015, 01:03:21 pm »

I had a Toolbox filled with ammo. Only ammo. All the time I have been playing and the ammo I haven't been using went into it. Cells, Rounds for guns that would be useful, Rounds for Guns that are OP....

Game decided to respawn loot into Sanctuary. I thought the toolbox was made by myself, but nope. It was there from the beginning....

ALL THE AMMO GONE!!!

Note to all. Don't store things into items that highlight yellow when in Construction Mode. They are lootspots. Not containers...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: November 25, 2015, 01:24:20 pm »

Are there any ,, special upgrades" for power armours, that are not basic t-45? Something like unlockable through quests or finding books stuff.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: November 25, 2015, 01:25:10 pm »

For aluminium I also like picking up TV dinner trays, those seem to be quite common.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: November 25, 2015, 01:41:42 pm »

For aluminium I also like picking up TV dinner trays, those seem to be quite common.

TV and Surgical trays. Probably 1/3rd of all cans are aluminum.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: November 25, 2015, 01:58:41 pm »

Are there any ,, special upgrades" for power armours, that are not basic t-45? Something like unlockable through quests or finding books stuff.
There is a piezoelectric power armor chest based on the T-45 series i think? its a unique that give increased AP regeneration if in contact with radiation.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 462