Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804263 times)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4110 on: November 25, 2015, 08:18:36 pm »

my observations:

it seems power armor power consumption is directly tied to the action point usage / generation.
the more slowly you generate action points (say becaus you move) the more energy your power armor will consume.
if you use action points (say, because you hold your breat while sniping) you will consume a lot energy.
there isnt to much a difference in power consumption between sniping and using your jetpack.

so, im fairly sure now that anything that affects ap generation or usage also affects power armor power consumption.
the sniper perk will reduce power needs for holding your breath, the leg modifications that affect ap generation or usage will also affect fusion core drain.

again: fairly sure, not 100% sure. its not that easy to test (or, actually it is. but im to lazy to do it right)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: November 25, 2015, 08:33:27 pm »

oh ja. oh jajaja.

just found this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: November 25, 2015, 08:39:52 pm »

That might be why there's an expensive paint job that provides 2 bonuses. I think it reduces AP consumption. Can't remember exactly.

And damn, I wanted one of those. I just managed to find one that gave +15% limb damage, so it was pretty much an insta-disabler.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: November 25, 2015, 08:48:53 pm »

hm, 15%? i think its 50%?
anyway, there is one for sell with 50% in the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

can you elaborate on the paintjob? i have not found to many, and they just give one bonus, like charisma, strengh or agility.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:50:33 pm by motorbitch »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: November 25, 2015, 08:57:12 pm »

Oh it was that one. Derp.

There's a group of Power Armor modders on the Commonwealth. They sell a specific paint job. Take your pick:

Spoiler: Tip (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Location (click to show/hide)

Beware it's T-60 specific. It doesn't work on X-01's...which is sad.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: November 25, 2015, 09:15:29 pm »

nice, im going to have a look - tho, i proably wont downgrade to t-60 anymore.

in other news: the new ati drivers are plain awesome.

Asynchronous Shaders
Shader Cache
Optimized Flip Queue Size
Custom Resolution Support
Frame Pacing Enhancements
Frame Rate Target Control Enhancements

got better fps and the game feels more smooth when droping under v-sync.
still cant fully fix the engine, but well, only so much a driver can do.
also supports hazzle free downscaling.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: November 25, 2015, 10:47:37 pm »

Okay wow, I'm getting tired of dying to mininukes. Kinda killing my immersion sense I don't know how to avoid them, until they've killed me once (and even then...)

What am I doing wrong?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: November 25, 2015, 11:02:18 pm »

Okay wow, I'm getting tired of dying to mininukes. Kinda killing my immersion sense I don't know how to avoid them, until they've killed me once (and even then...)

What am I doing wrong?
Stop exploding.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: November 25, 2015, 11:04:22 pm »

What am I doing wrong?
Stop exploding.

Stop hitting the nuke with your face.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: November 25, 2015, 11:09:21 pm »

.... Just bought game, inserted disk, "requires steam lel"...
Sonofabitch.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: November 25, 2015, 11:47:22 pm »

I'm still wondering about (and sort of expecting) a weird-ass DLC of "what did you do, before you woke up from cryo, THIS TIME!"

The world's fallen twice in the FallOut universe, at least. FO4 is just getting the SPECIAL bits together, considering tech in 1+2 after the first fall. Synths? VATS? All that different? But you're really, really human. Honestly........

Explains the bad dialogue, anyway. And the reason you can only see about 300m upwards. At most. Plus the fact that you're essentially just a scrap collector on a mission from "someone". All the time.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:49:06 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: November 26, 2015, 12:02:56 am »

never not sneak

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: November 26, 2015, 12:07:17 am »

What am I doing wrong?

The only real way to deal with that is sneaking and going Vassili Zaitsev when enemy gets cautious. That is: kill, move repeat.

If you're not going in sneaking / cannot sneak at all, then make sure you have looots of cover (trees help a lot) between you and the target.
If you're really pissed off, sneak and order your companion to face your enemy (because attack orders tend to make your companion go stupid). Wait for the first nuke, then alpha strike the nuker.
Bring grenades (specially plasma) and dump them all on the nuker, or keep a fat man / rocket launcher with you or your companion for this kind of situation.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: November 26, 2015, 12:13:41 am »

What am I doing wrong?

Depending on the difficulty, heavy guns like the Minigun can be really effective because the suiciders (I assume that's how you're getting killed by mininukes) run straight at you and you don't have to worry about aiming. If you can't kill them before they reach you, though, you could always try sniping from a long ways away.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: November 26, 2015, 12:26:34 am »

What am I doing wrong?

Depending on the difficulty, heavy guns like the Minigun can be really effective because the suiciders (I assume that's how you're getting killed by mininukes) run straight at you and you don't have to worry about aiming. If you can't kill them before they reach you, though, you could always try sniping from a long ways away.

Nuclear bullets from my sniper rifle are fun.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 462