Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804268 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4200 on: November 27, 2015, 10:12:40 pm »

so is it just me or are heavy weapons crap?
I need to stop using fat boys indoors. :(
but fatbois are not even affected by heavy weapon skill. they are explosive.
Everything's explosive when you have a fat boy.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: November 28, 2015, 02:00:18 am »

ive just seen a vertibird. it landed, and when the hostiles where dead, it took in the bos dudes and took of again.
it realy was the first time i have seen these dudes not crash their flying machine into an obstakle and blowing up and this show of almost competence made me cry a little.
of course. they only survived cause i killed all the mutants and the deathclaw.
stupid bos dudes. lost all respect. im gonna murderize them all. soon. i even help them
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so i can murderize them a little more.

institute lost all respect, too. sent me out to recover some rider synth asshole. when i meet the supposed synth super killer, some bos dudes showed up. now, im still officially friendly with these imbacils, so i thoght, let the synth handle it. hes supposed to be a one man army.
yeah. guess. he spend like an eternity getting shot incapacitated, getting up, and incapacitated again. in the end, i stole the bos dudes weapons and power core. still took the synth superkiller like 10 mins to kill two - now unarmored and unarmed- bos dudes.
so im going to kill all the synth, too.

leaves the railroad. they hadnt had much opportunity to dissapoint me. yet.
however, if they do, ill just kill them too, infect myself with fev, ally myself with the supermutants and declare myself master.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:01:52 am by motorbitch »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: November 28, 2015, 02:48:45 am »

I think Assaultrons are the worst bots in the game. Assaultron Dominators, in particular, are worse than any enemy I've encountered. I can melee fight just about anything and reliably beat them except for the damn Assaultrons. Can't VATS them in most cases because of stealth and they swing/block too quickly for me to get many hits on with my Grognak's Axe/Chinese Officer's Sword. The laser beam is ruthless. And they constantly spit out calm lines that switch between standard robotic stuff ("Engaging at minimal range!" "The enemy must have stealth capabilities.") to sinister remarks ("You humans. Pathetic." "This fight is already over, human!")

I did almost one-shot a Dominator by doming it with a five-crank laser musket, but I've yet to repeat that little trick.

It's weird finding an enemy that can actually kill me at level 35 with power armor. :P

So Assaultrons were made by RobCo. I find it odd how they managed to make so nicely humanoid robot instead of their usual very retrofuture robots like protectrons, robobrains, sentry bots, mister handies and so on. Assaultrons don't simply fit in that picture.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: November 28, 2015, 02:54:09 am »

So Assaultrons were made by RobCo. I find it odd how they managed to make so nicely humanoid robot instead of their usual very retrofuture robots like protectrons, robobrains, sentry bots, mister handies and so on. Assaultrons don't simply fit in that picture.

Frankly they don't even look like retrofuture humanoids... hmmm

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: November 28, 2015, 07:10:46 am »

so apparently its reaaaaly easy to break the quest that gives the ballistic fibres. at least i broke it in two ways.
one, if you finish the quest blind betraial, pam wont speak to you at all anymore, and second, if you finish some other quest, pam will only give you assasination quest but not the other quests that unlock the fibres from that other dude.
my only option to get the quest would have been to load a save some 4h old :(
anyway,i have no issue with chating if i feel cheated by the game. "set RailroadClothingArmorModAvailable to 1" allowed me to craft the stuff (tho not to finish the quest, but who cares)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: November 28, 2015, 08:39:09 am »

Aren't Mister Handies, Gutsies and the like made by General Atomics? Codsworth even calls himself the pride of that company. Maybe the retrofuture stuff is made by GA while more advanced-looking stuff is made by RobCo.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: November 28, 2015, 08:49:45 am »

Aren't Mister Handies, Gutsies and the like made by General Atomics? Codsworth even calls himself the pride of that company. Maybe the retrofuture stuff is made by GA while more advanced-looking stuff is made by RobCo.

Ohhh whoops!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: November 28, 2015, 09:17:16 am »

Gutsies and Handsies are made by Atomics, the rest by Robco, iirc.
Love, scriver~

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: November 28, 2015, 09:20:46 am »

Companies that make civilian and military hardware can and do design them in vastly different ways. I think it's strange (and potentially lazy on Bethesda's part) to have household robots with flamethrowers. Same model no matter the application.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: November 28, 2015, 09:21:00 am »

Ohhh whoops!

RobCo produced Assaultrons, Protectrons, Securitrons, and assisted in the production of Mr Handys (and thus I assume Mr Gutsys, as well), though Mr Handys were a primarily GA product.

GA also made robobrains.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: November 28, 2015, 09:31:48 am »

Companies that make civilian and military hardware can and do design them in vastly different ways. I think it's strange (and potentially lazy on Bethesda's part) to have household robots with flamethrowers. Same model no matter the application.
Well presumably the flamethrowers were intended to be used more...sparingly by the Handy's as a cooking implement, but the bots figured out how to use it as a weapon come the apocalypse.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: November 28, 2015, 09:32:13 am »

But how would they cook flambé without it?

Also. Hearing the second part of Butcher Pete has left me no less uncertain of whether it's about murder or about sex.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: November 28, 2015, 09:49:37 am »

Well presumably the flamethrowers were intended to be used more...sparingly by the Handy's as a cooking implement, but the bots figured out how to use it as a weapon come the apocalypse.

Well Mr.Handyman are "technically" supposed to be construction bots (well Industrial bots)... it is quite obvious if one looks at their attachments.

I'd say this is a issue... But the Fallout series is quite known for its robots that are clearly not designed for the job they were created to do. So it very much is intentional, the fact that Mr. Handyman uses the same components as a house maid and as a construction bot fits the themes.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: November 28, 2015, 09:54:39 am »

Well Mr.Handyman are "technically" supposed to be construction bots (well Industrial bots)... it is quite obvious if one looks at their attachments.

I'd say this is a issue... But the Fallout series is quite known for its robots that are clearly not designed for the job they were created to do. So it very much is intentional, the fact that Mr. Handyman uses the same components as a house maid and as a construction bot fits the themes.

They're also used for military application. General Atomics and RobCo just stuck them in different boxes and advertised the same unit for different applications. While sorta funny it's a lazy way to use the same model in-game.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: November 28, 2015, 09:57:02 am »

Keep in mind that pre-War Fallout represents the worst excesses of 50's American and capitalist culture. People casually take drugs during work hours to help them get through the day, OSHA is only complied with to the bare minimum (and less if the execs think they can get away with it), and anyone in any sort of position of power is completely insane, or at least has no real understanding of responsibility, because most of them were born into money in the first place and have never had to work a day in their lives.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 462