Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 808117 times)

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4185 on: November 27, 2015, 05:14:50 pm »

so what's up with bethesda seeming to be under the opinion that mercenary companies shoot random people on sight like madmen

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: November 27, 2015, 05:31:24 pm »

so what's up with bethesda seeming to be under the opinion that mercenary companies shoot random people on sight like madmen

I like to think the Gunners are pretty much looking to take over the Commonwealth, and are hostile to anyone that seems willing to fight for any reason at all (since then it means one less reason for the Gunners to be hired). Of course, I've yet to see any indication that this is the case.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: November 27, 2015, 05:33:56 pm »

I think Assaultrons are the worst bots in the game. Assaultron Dominators, in particular, are worse than any enemy I've encountered. I can melee fight just about anything and reliably beat them except for the damn Assaultrons. Can't VATS them in most cases because of stealth and they swing/block too quickly for me to get many hits on with my Grognak's Axe/Chinese Officer's Sword. The laser beam is ruthless. And they constantly spit out calm lines that switch between standard robotic stuff ("Engaging at minimal range!" "The enemy must have stealth capabilities.") to sinister remarks ("You humans. Pathetic." "This fight is already over, human!")

I did almost one-shot a Dominator by doming it with a five-crank laser musket, but I've yet to repeat that little trick.

It's weird finding an enemy that can actually kill me at level 35 with power armor. :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: November 27, 2015, 05:58:51 pm »

Mm, it was nice to see Bethesda pull out an enemy that's dangerous because of its high damage and difficult-to-avoid attack patterns instead of giant health pools or being impossible to shoot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: November 27, 2015, 06:10:37 pm »

It's also pretty great that with some enemies it's not just just best to go for the head. Like the Protectrons. Their health drains way more rapidly if you shoot the legs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: November 27, 2015, 06:41:24 pm »

Man, I spread my fire on the robots just because of how cool it looks to see bits of scrap flying off, never mind the DPS.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: November 27, 2015, 06:59:09 pm »

Mm, it was nice to see Bethesda pull out an enemy that's dangerous because of its high damage and difficult-to-avoid attack patterns instead of giant health pools or being impossible to shoot.

Don't worry Bethesda has you covered with its super high damage, difficult to avoid, bullet sponge enemy that can turn invisible at will.

Because you know... those were always my favorite parts of the previous Fallout games... the large bullet sponge enemies.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: November 27, 2015, 07:03:01 pm »

Don't worry Bethesda has you covered with its super high damage, difficult to avoid, bullet sponge enemy that can turn invisible at will.

Because you know... those were always my favorite parts of the previous Fallout games... the large bullet sponge enemies.

Frank Horrigan?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: November 27, 2015, 07:05:36 pm »

He was more of a puzzle than a bullet sponge.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: November 27, 2015, 08:42:37 pm »

I've found some mods I like, might restart soon since the majority of what I need for hardcore mode appears to already exist, with the exception of a food and water requirement mod, and a proper increase to settlement raiding chance. Though I wouldn't want more raids untill there's a mod that stops you losing everything if a single raider survives somewhere.
Mods I've found sofar:
One that increases AI so they shoot more often than standing around with their thumb up their butt, it reduces reload speed, fall damage ( mostly concentrated on legs now) and nerfs stealth.
One that allows slight clipping in settlement building.
One that severely reduces loot.
One that increases random spawn chance.
I might also include the mod that makes ammo craftable to counteract the reduced ammo rate.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: November 27, 2015, 08:57:09 pm »

so is it just me or are heavy weapons crap?
i mean the weapons affected by the skill... it seems that are only the mini gun and the gatling laser.
got 4 point sin heavy weapons, but i guess i have to google how to reassign these perk points. such a waste.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: November 27, 2015, 08:58:27 pm »

I need to stop using fat boys indoors. :(
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: November 27, 2015, 09:03:39 pm »

Legendary Cane
Legendary Rolling Pin

GIT OFF MAH LAWN!!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: November 27, 2015, 09:24:33 pm »

Aren't legendary weapons/armor and enemies randomly generated?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: November 27, 2015, 10:03:56 pm »

I need to stop using fat boys indoors. :(
but fatbois are not even affected by heavy weapon skill. they are explosive.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 462