Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 804253 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Basically WH40K
« Reply #4425 on: December 05, 2015, 06:26:50 pm »

Is there any way to get companions out of power armour?
Love, scriver~

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: December 05, 2015, 06:27:53 pm »

Yeah, was gonna say Kremvh's Tooth might beat it out. How much damage per swing is Chao's Revenge?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: December 05, 2015, 06:29:35 pm »

Don't remember exactly, but it's an option when talking to the companion. I think it's under the "let's talk"/whatever option.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: December 05, 2015, 06:35:39 pm »

Dammit, I should've checked the follow up menu before asking :v
Love, scriver~

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: December 05, 2015, 09:19:01 pm »

New favorite sarcastic response: "DOCTOR, ITS TIME FOR YOU TO REVERSE DEATH ITSELF!!!"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: December 05, 2015, 09:39:33 pm »

New favorite sarcastic response: "DOCTOR, ITS TIME FOR YOU TO REVERSE DEATH ITSELF!!!"

Sarcasm really should have some kind of effect on the game. Like, the more sarcastic you are, the more sarcasm and dark humor occurs everywhere else.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: December 05, 2015, 09:47:46 pm »

Sarcasm really should have some kind of effect on the game. Like, the more sarcastic you are, the more sarcasm and dark humor occurs everywhere else.

I am astounded by how little Bethesda believes its audience can take silly...

Did people REALLY complain that much about the craziness in the Wacky World in Fallout 3 and went "Thank goodness I could switch it off... by the way I am a total loser with no life, sense of humor, or really and reason to exist other then to deprive people of joy"?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: December 05, 2015, 09:52:49 pm »

Did people REALLY complain that much about the craziness in the Wacky World in Fallout 3 and went "Thank goodness I could switch it off... by the way I am a total loser with no life, sense of humor, or really and reason to exist other then to deprive people of joy"?
Enough that there was some complaining about it (despite the fact that you can see an UFO in the first game, among other zany stuff) and that the New Vegas team had an argument over it (leading to an option in chargen). I guess some people just want their apocalypse to be super cereal. I somewhat regret this joke, but removing it would go against my point.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: December 05, 2015, 09:54:14 pm »

I think they did learn some things. For example, Fallout 4 has a quest where you rescue a Shakespearean actor who has basically converted a Super Mutant to Shakespeare.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: December 05, 2015, 09:56:22 pm »

I think they did learn some things. For example, Fallout 4 has a quest where you rescue a Shakespearean actor who has basically converted a Super Mutant to Shakespeare.
For those doing that quest, you may want to pick the "ask more" options when it comes to the distress signal. The dialogue is pretty amusing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: December 05, 2015, 09:58:16 pm »

Don't get me wrong the Wacky world was toooo wacky... at times

But some of the stuff like a guy named Timmy who fell down a well... did that REALLY need to be a Wacky World?

Whatever people have no joy in their lives.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: December 05, 2015, 11:04:22 pm »

Command -> Talk  -> Exit Power Armor. Takes up the dialogue slot where asking about the relationship usually is.

Are there any melee weapons that are better than the chinese officer's sword? So far a fully upgraded legendary one has been outdoing an upgraded super sledge and all the other melee weapons I've gathered. Was disappointed to find that Grognak's Axe lacked any real staying power as a weapon.

Pickman's Knife is slightly faster, and on my non-melee character does 25 damage + 20 bleed damage. The bleed it inflicts stacks very rapidly due to its fast swing speed. I stabbed a Super Mutant Overlord to death with it, once - buffjet works wonders, alternatively psychojet.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: December 05, 2015, 11:45:16 pm »

I like both my super sledge that freezes enemies and my baseball bat that has a chance to send enemies flying.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: December 06, 2015, 04:42:29 am »

I'm confused. Was there something that wasn't Wacky World in FO3?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: December 06, 2015, 04:47:38 am »

He's talking about New Vegas's Wild Wasteland trait.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 462